Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Toronto Connections

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2015, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Toronto Connections

Question about connecting in Toronto--I am on a United flight from TLV-YYZ-IAH on Air Canada. I was checking my itinerary, and it turns out there has been an itinerary change--There are now exactly 0 minutes to connect between the flights (arrival from TLV and departure to IAH at the same time). I wonder why no one told me about this, but that is a matter for another day.

The alternative that was offered to me was a United express flight from YYZ to IAH that allows for a 75 minute connection. So my question--is it realistic to think that this could work? This would mean claiming luggage, going through US customs, getting to United terminal, rechecking luggage. Are there other steps as well?
Old Mar 26, 2015, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
The minimum connect time in your situation is 90 minutes.
75 is not a legal connection, and since AC luggage delivery at YYZ takes literally forever, not doable.

AC/UA are in the same terminal.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 5:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I am not sure if this applies exactly the same to pax on UA tickets on AC metal transiting to USA at YYZ.
On my AC flights from TLV, there are quite a few pax continuing on the the US. They are given U.S. Customs forms onboard, and are supposed to check the screen, confirm their luggage and then go straight to U.S. Customs at YYZ, therefore no luggage needs to be claimed as you are not entering Canada.

That said, you would need to confirm if the procedure is the same for you (other here may know for sure), but either way, 75 minutes may not be if inbound is delayed.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

thanks much. It sounds like the key issue is whether I need to recollect and recheck my luggage. If not, sounds like the connection should be doable if we arrive on time. But if I need to collect luggage, recheck, and go through security again, it seems like this would be really tenuous.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.