Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Do you write in about great AC SD/FA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do you write in about great AC SD/FA?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2015, 12:16 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jaysona
Several reasons, less paper to print/carry/manage and the webform being among the reasons.
Makes me sad.I liked writing in about awesome SDs, like the one I have now.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 12:19 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Makes me sad.I liked writing in about awesome SDs, like the one I have now.
Well, there's nothing better than being able to write in using the webform *while* you're still on the flight! That's about as real-time as you can get!
Old Mar 3, 2015, 12:23 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I do it when I actually get EXCEPTIONAL service, which I'd say is less than 10%.

Very good service is what I pay for.
Agree 100%. I don't fly as often as you guys, but I've received exceptional service way less than 10% of the time... I'm not even sure it's 5% or 1-in-20.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 12:27 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by ffsim
Agree 100%. I don't fly as often as you guys, but I've received exceptional service way less than 10% of the time... I'm not even sure it's 5% or 1-in-20.
Mine is much less than that for mw, I'll write in for maybe one out of e0-100 flights or so. It's exceedingly rare that I get stellar service that warrants writing in a commendation, but when I do get such service I do write in. ^
Old Mar 3, 2015, 1:50 pm

Yes - when I get exceptional service.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 2:10 pm

Programs: AC S100K
Maybe I should, but I don't.

As often as not, exceptional service accompanies a departure from an AC SOP for my comfort or convenience. I worry that great service will draw reprimands in such cases.

However, I always let crews know when they excel and thank them.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 2:13 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
I can't remember ever having had exceptional service. Most of the time it is between marginally acceptable to good. Very occasionally it is awful - but I emphasise the VERY occasionally.

I did use the web form to praise the LHR (new) MLL staff though - I was impressed by their friendliness and attentiveness (even though the urinal still wasn't fixed - any news on that anyone?) - it was almost up to Asian standards...
Old Mar 3, 2015, 2:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ffsim
I didn't say 10%, I said less than 10%. 5% is less than 10%.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I didn't say 10%, I said less than 10%. 5% is less than 10%.
I made a separate statement in an attempt to quantify the rarity of receiving exceptional service in my experience. I neither stated nor implied that you said precisely 10%.

I also said I agreed with you 100%, so I understood the meaning of "less than 10%." Can we move on from this math lesson now?
Old Mar 3, 2015, 2:43 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
I do when I get really really exceptional service. I can still remember the names of each FA/SD I have written in for over the years.

But for me it's about 1 / 180-240 segments. or 0.4%

I used to write to Stephen, hopefully they say who the new person is soon.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 2:48 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount
I too have written a few times to Air Canada in the past as well as posted on FT.

Surprise, surprise one time the FA had seen my comment in FT and wrote to thank me and to tell me he had actually received a compliment from his supervisor as a result of my email to Air Canada ....
Old Mar 3, 2015, 2:54 pm

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
I have used the online form, the SE email address and twitter for this. probably 3-4 times in the last few years.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 2:55 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
I have written quite a bit in the past but not recently.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 4:07 pm

Programs: Free Agent
I have taken to tweeting- quicker, seems to get instant response. hopefully goes into the mosh pit of feedback.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 5:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by ridefar
I have written a few times. The lack of acknowledgement in any form that my feedback was received--never mind passed along to the individual concerned--makes me think that it goes into the great big circular bin in the sky and is never heard from again. In other words, I am wasting my time.

Originally Posted by jaysona
I do whenever warranted, but I use the web form, I don't write directly to the VP, it's not really necessary, and just adds to more layers of work for all involved.

Sending such stuff directly to the executive just means they have forward the e-mail to someone else who then takes care of it. There is a team (not sure how many individuals) that handles the webform submissions then ensures the comments make it to the right manager and then the employee(s) concerned. The employee does get a copy of the comments that are submitted via the webform, not sure what happens when you e-mail the executives directly, but I'm sure their mailboxes are noisy enough already!

Agree with using the web form as it is not a pressing matter.
However, disagree with it "making it to its destination"

How do I know? Nothing like having the same FAs more than once, including a few about whom I've written to AC via web form. They made it clear they never received the commendation. I've had this exact encounter more than once.

Now I keep a copy of any praise for any crew member on my mobile devices. Should I see them again and should they say they did not receive anything, I can show them what I wrote. No extra effort on my part, but I think if they impressed me enough to want me to write in, how does it look when what I've written does not make it to the crew member's email/file etc?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.