Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan Reward Questions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2015, 4:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: SE 100K
Aeroplan Reward Questions

Apologies if there is somewhere else this should go, just had a number of questions about an Aeroplan Reward I just booked and couldn't find answers in the sticky.

Had a one way ticket booked for me for 30,000 miles + taxes by a relative who is SE 100k. The route is MAN > MUC > YYZ > YVR.

On the itinerary it lists my name, however has my relative's Aeroplan # which is the one it was booked under.

1) Is there any way to change this on a reward flight? Is there any advantage to changing it if I'm 50k and he's 100k? ie) If it was booked with his AE #, will I receive his status perks? (ie complimentary preferred seats, extra baggage, etc.)

2) Are Aeroplan reward tickets eUpgradable? The fare type is Flex all the way so I would love if I could upgrade to Premium Economy or Business.

3) If they are upgradable, could I use the booking AE# eUpgrade credits rather than my own? Or would I need to have my AE# applied to the booking?

4) Finally, do we get Altitude AQS for Aeroplan reward tickets?

Thanks for any help!
- Mike
Old Mar 3, 2015, 5:25 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by CanadianMike
Apologies if there is somewhere else this should go, just had a number of questions about an Aeroplan Reward I just booked and couldn't find answers in the sticky.

Had a one way ticket booked for me for 30,000 miles + taxes by a relative who is SE 100k. The route is MAN > MUC > YYZ > YVR.

On the itinerary it lists my name, however has my relative's Aeroplan # which is the one it was booked under.

1) Is there any way to change this on a reward flight? Is there any advantage to changing it if I'm 50k and he's 100k? ie) If it was booked with his AE #, will I receive his status perks? (ie complimentary preferred seats, extra baggage, etc.)

2) Are Aeroplan reward tickets eUpgradable? The fare type is Flex all the way so I would love if I could upgrade to Premium Economy or Business.

3) If they are upgradable, could I use the booking AE# eUpgrade credits rather than my own? Or would I need to have my AE# applied to the booking?

4) Finally, do we get Altitude AQS for Aeroplan reward tickets?

Thanks for any help!
- Mike
1) There is no advantage to changing the AE number. Show your E50 card if needed (lounge access, etc). If you want a preferred seat for free, ask your relative to call AC and request it.
2) Aeroplan tickets are not upgradable.
3) See above.
4) You do not get AQS or AQM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.