Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Several LAX-YUL trips coming up... credit to UA or AC?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2015, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat

Sorry if there is a master thread for this kind of topic, mods please merge if that's the case

My wife has to travel LAX-YUL-LAX for work 3 times over the next few months, and potentially more if the project she is on is extended. She has existing UA MileagePlus account but since we both do most of our flying on AA/OneWorld, her UA account has only minimal miles and no status.

She is booked on AC metal on mixed AC ticket and UA codeshare... all in Y. For example: UA 8346 LAX-YUL + AC 775 YUL-LAX. Not sure why it is ticketed that way by her work travel department but I'm sure it is cheaper than all-UA or all-AC ticket. This is a point to consider since UA MileagePlus will earn on $ spent not actual miles flown.

So does it make sense for her to bank these upcoming miles to UA or should she sign up for Aeroplan and put all her Star miles there? I'm not at all familiar with Aeroplan and its earning/redemption policies. Looking for some advice and suggestions.

Thanks

Last edited by bzcat; Feb 27, 2015 at 11:33 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.