Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC's Beechcraft 1900D fleet

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 7:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
I just read my 3rd PM about flying on the BEH. I've had a few emails and a few comments from colleagues that flying in to Lethbridge with the wings at 90' is normal. I didn't have a fear of flying....until reading such messages
Old Mar 4, 2015, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by B1
Choose a seat with an empty one in front of you. The seatback of that one collapses flat and you have an ottoman. Doesn't work on other aircraft but they also don't have leaking windows.
HA! Yes! I completely forgot about that "feature"!! ^
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
AC's BEH seatmap only shows one version with 9 rows at 18 seats, meaning that there is space for a lav.

Seatguru shows only one version of BEH also 18 seats and explicitly shows a lav... (yeah I know... seatguru ain't so guru, but you can take this as circumstantial evidence )
Old Mar 5, 2015, 3:39 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I figure a few people making bookings like these would get the job done?

To paraphrase a great movie: "Cow, You Give that F***in' Nimrod 60,000 points, I'll Shoot Him on General Principle."
Old Mar 5, 2015, 3:47 am

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
I just boarded a BEH for a 5:45 am flight. My 1A got poached. As I indicated this to the FO, he said, "just take 2A". So one downside to the BEH is that there is no FA to help with seat issues.

I'm seething. My knees are already sore and the poacher is sound asleep.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by j_the_p
I just boarded a BEH for a 5:45 am flight. My 1A got poached. As I indicated this to the FO, he said, "just take 2A". So one downside to the BEH is that there is no FA to help with seat issues.

If I get a d0ucheb@g poacher (who speaks any language ), I usually stand my ground with or without a FA.
There are specific reasons why some pick a particular seat and the argument of "it's just a X minute flight" is presumptuous. You have every right to the seat that is stated on your boarding pass!
Old Mar 5, 2015, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
If I get a d0ucheb@g poacher (who speaks any language ), I usually stand my ground with or without a FA.
There are specific reasons why some pick a particular seat and the argument of "it's just a X minute flight" is presumptuous. You have every right to the seat that is stated on your boarding pass!
I'm with you but I was the last one on the plane and I made a quick judgement that arguing with a pilot was likely not the best course of action.

You win, you narcissistic person in 1A.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I flew the Beech for a year for Georgian. Often we have to move passengers for weight and balance. The fact that the cargo is loaded in the tail makes the C of G suseptible to moving out of aft limits. We resolve this by putting male passengers in the front, females in the back. The point that I'm getting at is if your on a full flight on the Beech, the FO will stand at the door and assign you a seat as you board based on your gender/weight category.

And some of Georgians 1900s have lavs, there's a few in the fleet that do not.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 6:02 am

Programs: AC, Bonvoy, HH
Kick his seat and keep waking him up.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by wirez666
I flew the Beech for a year for Georgian. Often we have to move passengers for weight and balance. The fact that the cargo is loaded in the tail makes the C of G suseptible to moving out of aft limits. We resolve this by putting male passengers in the front, females in the back. The point that I'm getting at is if your on a full flight on the Beech, the FO will stand at the door and assign you a seat as you board based on your gender/weight category.

And some of Georgians 1900s have lavs, there's a few in the fleet that do not.
I hear you, I respect that situation on these small aircraft and I've been a part of that situation many times. This was not one of those times. I had 1A, pax was sitting in 1A when I boarded. Only other seat available was 2A. So this wasn't a weight/balance issue as we were both up front. The difference between 1A and 2A when you have long legs is night and day and it makes no difference in the weight/balance situation.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:53 am

I hear you, I respect that situation on these small aircraft and I've been a part of that situation many times. This was not one of those times. I had 1A, pax was sitting in 1A when I boarded. Only other seat available was 2A. So this wasn't a weight/balance issue as we were both up front. The difference between 1A and 2A when you have long legs is night and day and it makes no difference in the weight/balance situation.
The other passenger could've ended up in 1A due to being told to sit there while the FO was arranging the seating arrangement I so described. Keep in mind, the flight crew has no idea who is siting where before they board, and will arrange seat assignments as they board. If it wasn't a full flight however, then he probably told you to take the empty seat for expediency. I'm sure in that situation if you were insistent on keeping your original seat, it would be accommodated. Keep in mind, the alternative to arranging males in the front of the aircraft, is to bump bags from the cargo hold, and nobody wants that. We do our best to make everything work with a small airplane.

Cheers, and happy flying!
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:55 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Wait, so many on here suggested I book row 2. Does row 1 have better legroom albeit no window? I'm 6 foot so...
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:00 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Wait, so many on here suggested I book row 2. Does row 1 have better legroom albeit no window? I'm 6 foot so...
Yes, row 1 has better legroom but no window.

Still, you're not going to find a modicum of comfort on this plane, so you might as well enjoy the window. That's how I look at it, anyway.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by ffsim

Still, you're not going to find a modicum of comfort on this plane, so you might as well enjoy the window. That's how I look at it, anyway.
The cockpit has a pretty big window for you to look out of. Most of the guys keep the cockpit door open.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ffsim

Originally Posted by wirez666
The cockpit has a pretty big window for you to look out of. Most of the guys keep the cockpit door open.
Thanks. Like life, it's all about decisions Thanks for the further info!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.