Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan downgrade - no notification

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC P25

Ugh AP business reward next week booked in September with several United legs. One leg ord-yyz rebooked an hour earlier and downgraded to economy with no notification. Of course I expected such treachery so was checking periodically. When I called in I was told I had approved the change and couldn't do anything except 1) request United to allow booking back to "first" on that flight even though AC has a flight at the same time or 2) change to next united flight with reward avail in business giving me 82 minutes in yyz to last flight of the night home.

HUCA and 20 minutes arguing later, switched to AC in business. Several mentions of their generosity in waiving change fee I was told they then needed to recalculate 'taxes'. Another 10 minute discussion to get that plan scrapped.

Why does it have to be so difficult!

Sorry for the rant.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 1:33 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
treachery ?

A bit overblown, no? It is a 60 minute flight..
Old Feb 1, 2015, 1:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by lcohen999
treachery ?

YAYYY this is the part we get to stone the OP to death. *gets popcorn ready*

In all seriousness, his handle has the word "leisure" and he is a E50K, not a SE. Perhaps an hour of flying in business is of value to him. I'm only a E75K, and let me be frank, an hour is nothing (to me), but maybe to him, who knows?

It's also one thing to downgrade to Y, but then AE doesn't give him back any points. That's called theft (in my view). If you're going to downgrade someone, give him some points back.

As far as notifications go, I have been notified every time. Junk mail?
Old Feb 1, 2015, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

treachery ?

Hahaha ok too strong a word. I was going to say I know this is a short flight but... At what length is it ok for them to do this? As mom likes to say, it's the principle of the matter.

I know it's pretty trivial but it typifies the type of problems I have with aeroplan! Irritating and wanted to share/complain
Old Feb 1, 2015, 1:57 pm

They should be able to move you to an AC Metal flight, if there was a schedule change.

Keep in mind the E75s are just drinks on ORD-YYZ. and the E75s are almost as good in Y as in J. So don't stress it but I hear you. It isn't as much AE as it was a schedule change.

Happens
Old Feb 1, 2015, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
YAYYY this is the part we get to stone the OP to death. *gets popcorn ready*

In all seriousness, his handle has the word "leisure" and he is a E50K, not a SE. Perhaps an hour of flying in business is of value to him. I'm only a E75K, and let me be frank, an hour is nothing (to me), but maybe to him, who knows?

It's also one thing to downgrade to Y, but then AE doesn't give him back any points. That's called theft (in my view). If you're going to downgrade someone, give him some points back.

As far as notifications go, I have been notified every time. Junk mail?
i expect the stoning round here, all part of the fun!

i always comb my junk mail for unintended filterings. Nada.

Just a minor blip here I know but makes me more paranoid about checking the rest of the legs constantly as my TPAC getting downgraded would have me fuming. If it can happen to that one hour flight why not any other?
Old Feb 1, 2015, 2:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by yytleisure
i expect the stoning round here, all part of the fun!
FWIW, I was saying that in jest to try and shield you from people who do this. I find it absolutely appalling that on FT this happens regularly. It seems when I call it out early the thread tends to go better. Hence why I posted it. Two birds with one stone
Old Feb 1, 2015, 2:03 pm

I wasn't trying to be mean...I just thought the term treachery was slightly harsh

Who's being mean now?
Old Feb 1, 2015, 2:04 pm
Suspended

I wasn't trying to be mean...I just thought the term treachery was slightly harsh

Who's being mean now?
I wasn't calling you out, at all (I shouldn't have quoted you, i'm just so used to it ). I was being preemptive to those who just blow it way out of the water. BIG GROUP HUG!!
Old Feb 1, 2015, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

They should be able to move you to an AC Metal flight, if there was a schedule change.

Keep in mind the E75s are just drinks on ORD-YYZ. and the E75s are almost as good in Y as in J. So don't stress it but I hear you. It isn't as much AE as it was a schedule change.

Happens
I also thought it should be no problem to move to AC flight with a schedule change but it took two calls and some irritating arguing to not "recalculate taxes" which again would probably be minimal but that damned principle

You're right, and I'm not stressed, just irritated it can happen and then make me feel foolish for trying to get what I actually paid for. Just feels like they want me to give up and they save those few pennies. I think I did it more just so I don't feel duped. Not an efficient way to operate but as SAP says, I'm just a leisure flyer and can take the time to fight these silly things that come up
Old Feb 1, 2015, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
I wasn't calling you out, at all (I shouldn't have quoted you, i'm just so used to it ). I was being preemptive to those who just blow it way out of the water. BIG GROUP HUG!!
awwww!

Well I will send one back, trying out GoGo on a flight to YEG!
Old Feb 1, 2015, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Who's being mean now?
Never took it as mean - just true
Old Feb 1, 2015, 2:10 pm
Suspended

awwww!

Well I will send one back, trying out GoGo on a flight to YEG!
I COMPLETELY forgot about GoGo. I can't wait to try it out to make my first (of many I presume ) FT post on a plane!!
Old Feb 1, 2015, 2:13 pm

Programs: A3*G, OZ*G, OW Sapphire
Ye of little faith...
The real treachery is being downgraded from F to C. That is to know pain...
Old Feb 1, 2015, 2:13 pm

Its $$$ but surprisingly speedy, considering speedtest is showing 1x0.03

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.