Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YVR - HNL Business

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by adam.smith
Disagree entirely. Rouge is a lower-quality product. More seats crammed in, fewer amenities, etc.

People who don't fly a lot may not care about the difference in quality between ML/Rouge/WS/whoever and may just book whatever fare is cheapest.

But to many FFs (like penguin, like me, like many others around here), there's a meaningful enough difference that it's worth paying for.

That's the whole reason why we see Rouge running flights like YYC-PHX and YVR-OGG that are the leisure, super-price-sensitive crowd.
Our positions are then compatible. We just disagree about the size of the market that is willing to pay for a differentiated product. That's fine. I hope you are right but think you are not.

And while I wish it were otherwise the ability of even a small minority of corporate travellers to influence policy or bend rules beyond the "lowest price plus $50" is pretty infinitesimal. If AC did rouge YYC-YYZ the planes would still be full of the same corporate slobs (me) because we have no real choice. Choose Westjet? Same thing except for Altitude and most people are still ignorant enough to believe it offers something worth while.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA, AC
Originally Posted by adam.smith
Whether they run 10 flights a year or 10,000 flights a year to a destination, you can bet the number-crunchers are doing just that. If the profitability of the route is better with Rouge, and it's within the contracts that they can do it, I'm sure they'll change it to Rouge.
Right. My point was that if there's a mainline 767 rotation for which a 4-times-weekly YYC-OGG turn fits in and there's no good fit for a rouge 767 then it probably makes sense to continue this with mainline. There's such insignificant frequency on this route that there's little multiplier effect on margin. That's assuming the equipment can't be utilized on a more profitable route.

I've noticed the J fare is now ~$300 higher on ML than a rouge itinerary. It used to be identical. Sound like the domestic J+ wide-body premium.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 8:43 pm

Programs: aeroplan Elite, Priority Club. HHonours
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
From what I can tell, the YVR-KOA-YVR turn is only done on Saturdays, December - April, is this correct?

Correct. It's a mainline flight and almost always full
Old Apr 10, 2018, 5:55 pm

Programs: Aeroplan , Admiral Club. Sky , Captain Circle
Thumbs up Business Class now available for YVR-HNL and all Hawaii Routes

Starting Septempter 2018: Hawaii routes will be newly served by Air Canada and no longer run as Rouge. The new twice daily flights to Honolulu and daily flights to other islands will be served by the brand new Boeing 737 Max (8)00 series flying 20% more efficient as the 787 dreamliner engines technology and 40% quieter including a whole new interior decor. 16 seats will be assigned for business class . for the upgrade availibilities, avoid flights on sundays, wednesday and Friday as the business class seats always sellout a day or two before departure date. upgrade bids on sunday, wednesday wont be availible to upgrdaes as they will be sold out as full fare to most business people or those that can afford . for better odds to business class bidding are best on monday and saturday, wednesday and thursdays are typically sold out to elite frequent flyers or full fare sold out especially Sunday, Monday and Wednesday.

avoid Wednesday as it will be full of “seat sale” economy fare passengers with a higher ratio of crying babies on board.

Last edited by MalcolmSuperstar; Apr 10, 2018 at 6:22 pm Reason: spelling correction
Old Apr 10, 2018, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Malcolm Hebert
Starting Septempter 2018: Hawaii routes will be newly served by Air Canada and no longer run as Rouge. The new twice daily flights to Honolulu and daily flights to other islands will be served by the brand new Boeing 737 Max (8)00 series flying 20% more efficient as the 787 dreamliner engines technology and 40% quieter including a whole new interior decor. 16 seats will be assigned for business class . for the upgrade availibilities, avoid flights on sundays, wednesday and Friday as the business class seats always sellout a day or two before departure date. upgrade bids on sunday, wednesday wont be availible to upgrdaes as they will be sold out as full fare to most business people or those that can afford . for better odds to business class bidding are best on monday and saturday, wednesday and thursdays are typically sold out to elite frequent flyers or full fare sold out especially minday and wednesday.
Is this an advertisement?

Old Apr 10, 2018, 6:17 pm

Programs: AC SE100, SPG Plat, Visa Inf Priv
Old news. J on mainline same as Rouge. Saw 787 in post and my heart skipped a beat.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 6:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan , Admiral Club. Sky , Captain Circle
would like to add they repositioned the food galley after the last seating rows and the bathrooms are now at the back wall tail end to add 4 more seating rows.

to add to discomfort. economy pitch is now the worse of all major airline industry at 30”incline.

Business class is also the worse for a ocean pacific flight of 6.5 hours . the seats do not recline into a lie flat bed . The thicknessof the seats are no longer the same comforts.

your seeing more and more people fly Delta especially well known business and celebrities. . if you have a choise. i recommend flying westjet whose a Delta partner and switch planes in Seattle on the Delta flight to Hawaii as they have a whole new interior design with full on satellite tv feeds and wifi using the superior panasonic telsat system and lie down beds that are always available weeks in advance. for the best furst class upgrade and cheapest upgrades on the day of flight goes to Alaska Airlines who recently bought Virgin Airlines . if your planning to fly to Hawaii this winter from Canada, avoid Air Canada , its nice to fly in a new jet but surely youll be very uncomfortable and very unhappy being seated like sardines like Sunwing flights. for flights originating from USA going overseas, use www.expedia.ca and not expedia.com. youll actually be charge in canadian currency and not in usa plus the same route will be 42% off. example. honolulu to manila and return manila to vancouver ; booking directly will philippines airlines the total cost is $987.91 Booking using www.expedia.ca your price and you will be billed in canadian currency will be $750 Cdn . if you take that $750cdn convert it to usa currency , that would be $590.41usa. many asian airlines do not use Apex or sabre system , Sabre tracks your ip so united and air canada can find out if your trying to tricked their billing system as an openjaw
Old Apr 10, 2018, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by YWG-RO
Old news. J on mainline same as Rouge.
Yes, as per the original thread:

Rouge being replaced by Mainline for Hawaii/Mexico and Osaka routes from YVR/YYC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.