[Date]: March 22, 2015
[Revised Time]: 3:15pm *
[Location]: Globe at the Fairmont YVR

[Confirmed]
supahangrydapenguin
nomadic.relief
CZAMFlyer
24left
canadiancow (subject to flight pass shenanigans)
Lights_a_blur
yvrgary
Dorian
Argonaut1000
tracon(briefly)
yerffej201
cperciva

[Waitlisted]
nighthawk
Sean Peever (90% yes)
jaysona
aviationp
krayZpaving
teriyaki

[Regrets]
yyznomad
AftOf245
i59bravo
cairo604
chx1975
Print Wikipost

YVR Micro/Mini Do?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2015, 4:53 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by 24left
Also prefer Saturday.

If the Sunday, agree with Zone 1 Super Elite canadiancow - lunch would be great.
We could roll it into an extended session? I won't be there for lunch, but if we did a late lunch to dinner thing...would be a smaller group though. Thoughts?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
We could roll it into an extended session? I won't be there for lunch, but if we did a late lunch to dinner thing...would be a smaller group though. Thoughts?
I have no preferences on time or place (really). Just let me know when and where to go!

SAP - have you ever been previously an SE?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 8:22 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by yyznomad
SAP - have you ever been previously an SE?
Cool, can't wait to meet everyone, including you! My flight gets in for 2:30, I grabbed a room at the YVR (day use) to shower and freshen up as I have a late meeting once I get to SEA. I plan to be at the Do around 4pm, maybe a bit earlier and stay until I need to go to grab my Crash 8 flight into SEA. But hey, I organize Dos to make people happy and to have good laughs, if some people can have lunch/dinner, then please by all means, go for it! I can only post when i'll be there, that's all Basically if you show up at the Do time posted at the Wiki, i'll be there.

And no, I have never been a SE...don't really care to be one as the value isn't there for me given the other instruments that I have and my travel circumstances. It's just a marketing program to me

And 24left, can I PLEASE move you to confirmed given our PM's yet?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
And no, I have never been a SE...don't really care to be one as the value isn't there for me given the other instruments that I have and my travel circumstances. It's just a marketing program to me
Ok just making sure because I had a thought that you could be possibly someone I knew from the past (not from FT) and have absolutely zero interest in reconnecting. So you have confirmed that you are not that person

It was your anecdotal bits of information about yourself over several posts the last few months that made me think that you might be said person.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 8:42 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Ok just making sure because I had a thought that you could be possibly someone I knew from the past (not from FT) and have absolutely zero interest in reconnecting. So you have confirmed that you are not that person

It was your anecdotal bits of information about yourself over several posts the last few months that made me think that you might be said person.
I have absolutely no idea (honest to god) who you are referring to. PM me if you think I'm wrong but i'm honestly

I feel bad moving the YEG Do as it is...if I say I'll do something, it'll be done. It's my motto. I don't like people who don't live up to their word. Period. Sometimes things change, but I'll be the first to tell people a) why and b) apologize. But in this case, there's a 5% chance max that I can't make it out. But my airfare is paid and expensed, and hotel/car rental booked. So if I were a betting man (which i'm not), I'm going to be there, as I have with the YYZ and YUL Do. And I have a SEA Do with the cow that Friday (post is on FT).
Old Feb 2, 2015, 11:12 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Too early to know if I'll be in town, but if I am, I'll be there.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have absolutely no idea (honest to god) who you are referring to. PM me if you think I'm wrong but i'm honestly

I feel bad moving the YEG Do as it is...if I say I'll do something, it'll be done. It's my motto. I don't like people who don't live up to their word. Period. Sometimes things change, but I'll be the first to tell people a) why and b) apologize. But in this case, there's a 5% chance max that I can't make it out. But my airfare is paid and expensed, and hotel/car rental booked. So if I were a betting man (which i'm not), I'm going to be there, as I have with the YYZ and YUL Do. And I have a SEA Do with the cow that Friday (post is on FT).
Yeah don't worry about it, it's all good. Besides, my inbox is still maxed out so I can't send a regular PM anyway.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 9:38 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Yeah don't worry about it, it's all good. Besides, my inbox is still maxed out so I can't send a regular PM anyway.
You really should fix that yyznomad
Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:08 am

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
I'd like to attend and meet some of you. Please pencil me into the Confirmed column.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:09 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer
I'd like to attend and meet some of you. Please pencil me into the Confirmed column.
Done, and thanks for making it out
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
I will do my best to make it! Last time I couldn't due to change of plans. But this time... think I will be able to. Put me down for Confirmed.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:23 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chx1975
I will do my best to make it! Last time I couldn't due to change of plans. But this time... think I will be able to. Put me down for Confirmed.
Done, thanks for making it out
Old Feb 7, 2015, 8:47 am

Programs: AC*Tangerine
I'll do my best to be there!
Old Feb 7, 2015, 2:09 pm

I may (or may not) be dropping someone off for an early afternoon flight, so either I will be there already or will have nothing to do that day anyhow, so I can make whatever time others will be there.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 2:20 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
I may (or may not) be dropping someone off for an early afternoon flight, so either I will be there already or will have nothing to do that day anyhow, so I can make whatever time others will be there.
Excellent Thanks for making it out

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.