Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

J and Y food - what do you keep, what do you change?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2015, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member

J and/or Y

What do you 100% never change?

What do you 100% change?
Old Jan 18, 2015, 8:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Huh? I don't get it.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Huh? I don't get it.
Well, for example....

You'd never change the J omelette but change out the pasta dish as it is usually cream based so 1/3 of PAX likely can't eat it.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 8:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I want a sundae bar like UA.

I want a dessert that does not taste like coffee.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

I really like the steak on AC, so I'd keep that.

I'd add a breakfast option that doesn't have egg in it, as I'm allergic.
I'd also like better dessert options for lactose intolerant people, like me.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 8:54 pm

Programs: AC*SE HHgold
I want Belgian Waffle with strawberry and whipped cream topping.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 9:01 pm

Programs: AC:50K
The pancakes are great. I hope they'll get rid of the "healthy option" though -- I never take it, but it always makes me feel guilty.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 9:36 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
I generally like the J breakfast, the eggs are always pretty good but I ate the sausage once and hated it, I'm not a huge fan of that weird sauce that comes with it either.

I'm usually on short hauls, I like the fact AC offers food YVR-YYC, but honestly, it's not worth it. I'd much rather a cold sandwich or a little ravioli bowl than the chicken kebab or the pot pie. The other day the FA couldn't give the stuff away, he heated it up and must've asked the first 6 people all who said no. There's no reason to have it. I only recently learned UA doesn't do food for flights shorter than 2.5 hours, I don't think that's the solution either.

In the last 1.5 years I think there's been 3 items, the kebab, the pot pie and I feel like there was a wrap. That's not enough variety at all. Maybe don't change it monthly, but every 2 months.

I'd be fine with a cold cut sandwich, Copa hands out these little crappy trays with sandwiches and a little side like cookies or something. Works perfectly and takes no time to prep.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 10:18 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Need more rack of lamb.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Need more rack of lamb.
Yes!! ^
Old Jan 18, 2015, 10:23 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Not a fan of the pancakes. Too soggy. I even ignore them at hotel buffets since they're not made to order.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 10:28 pm

Y food - I never liked the salads. How about a more filling quinoa and oil salad instead of the cabbage? And make the Y food portions at least 50% bigger. I'd like to see 100%, but baby steps. Ditch the dessert I see so many people skip and replace it with a little chocolate - this would also leave space on the tray for the bigger main.

J - 'beef up' the beef sizes! Keep the individual plating. Work to speed up service to 1/2 of what it is now... a lot of time is wasted seated upright with an empty cloth in front of me, then after the appetizer waiting for the main, then another 20 minutes before dessert comes around etc. It really shouldn't take any more than 45-50 mins.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by canadiancow

I want a dessert that does not taste like coffee.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
100% CHANGE the J w/b TATL pre-arrival meals that include the sandwiches - get rid of the sandwiches and do a light hot meal (so far, I am somewhat ok with the cold cut pre-arrival TATL meal i.e. ex-FRA)

100% CHANGE the J w/b TATL sausages in the omelette dish (queue in AC869 and the cr@ppy UK catered sausages)

100% CHANGE the J TPAC omelette pre-arrival dish - the omelette is rubber and inedible

I have other minor adjustment preferences but will leave them out since this thread is about 100% KEEP/CHANGE.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 12:34 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Change the salad dressing - or at least offer a choice!

Offer a wider of variety of J meals on longhauls through pre-ordering - I just
ordered the meals for my next 2 SQ flights via Book the Cook.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.