Dog in the MLL

Old Jan 15, 2015, 4:24 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Dog in the MLL

LAX. Where else.

AC lounge agents asked her more than once to put the dog back in the carrier. She refused.

(Mods, I looked everywhere for the right thread to post this, but I couldn't find one. Feel free to move it or remove it)
Old Jan 15, 2015, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But what's the dog's FF status?
Old Jan 15, 2015, 5:27 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
I'd happily miss a flight to stick around and call the cops on this one. It's fun to watch people like this learn that the rules apply to everyone.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 5:32 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
They should just call the airport police. Done deal.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 5:46 pm

Pet --> keep in crate
Service Animal or Emotional Support Animal --> "must be trained to behave properly in public settings"

OP: need more info. Was the animal being represented by its owner as being a pet? How was it behaving?
Old Jan 15, 2015, 5:52 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Question

Its bad enough when the hounds are allowed to run loose in hotels.

Last edited by Antonio8069; Jan 15, 2015 at 5:53 pm Reason: information available in thread
Old Jan 15, 2015, 5:55 pm
jbb

Programs: SQ *Gold
Meh, it may be against the lounge rules, but if the dog is being quiet and staying put then it wouldn't bother me. I'm not a fan of enforcing rules just for the sake of enforcing rules. If this was a small dog sitting quietly on the person's lap then it doesn't make too much of a difference to me if the dog is doing that or in a carrier.

That said, I don't blame the lounge staff for asking the person politely to put the dog back in the carrier either. They're just doing their jobs too.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 6:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The red vest suggests that it's a (fake) emotional support doggy. Service dogs have special privileges under USA law that pets don't.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 6:20 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks all for your comments.

At one point, she was holding the dog in her arms near the food station.
Either the lounge agents saw or someone else must have said something.

The dog was not an emotional support animal and its owner could care less about what she was told as she continued to walk the dog up and down the lounge, when she was not busy near the food.

I actually found it interesting that while the lounge was quite populated at the time, no one went up to her directly. There was a couple sitting next to us at another table. One said "we're animal lovers, but they do not belong in a lounge with open food stations".

Originally Posted by Stranger
But what's the dog's FF status?
Answer: Hmm, didn't see a Zone 1 / Altitude card

Originally Posted by yvrgary
I'd happily miss a flight to stick around and call the cops on this one. It's fun to watch people like this learn that the rules apply to everyone.
^

Originally Posted by Dorian
They should just call the airport police. Done deal.
^

As for police, this is LAX. They are part of the wallpaper.

Originally Posted by jjclancy
OP: need more info. Was the animal being represented by its owner as being a pet? How was it behaving?
Dog was a dog. Owner clearly couldn't care less about rules.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The red vest suggests that it's a (fake) emotional support doggy. Service dogs have special privileges under USA law that pets don't.
Exactly.

Personal comment: I actually felt bad for the dog because when she left the lounge she went downstairs into the terminal, which was packed with people and rollaboards and construction crews. Poor dog, I thought
Old Jan 15, 2015, 6:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The poor dog probably would have been happier in a good kennel (aka boarding spa) or with a friendly and fun dog sitter.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 6:42 pm

Keep the dog...remove the owner
trooper likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 6:49 pm
Suspended

If you have issues with dogs around food, don't travel to Europe. Germans and French prefer kids be kept outside and dogs inside restaurants.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 7:45 pm

Programs: AC-E50K, IHG-P, Bonvoy-G
Dog in the MLL

Saw the same thing at yul trans boarder MLL last Sunday ! White poodle, same colour as this years E35 card
Old Jan 15, 2015, 8:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Elite for life; Fairmont Platinum; Delta Platinum Plus
I love dogs and see no issue unless it is yapping or bothering people.

Today a story about West Jet lost a puppy being sent to its new owner.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 8:18 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Prestige
Saw the same thing at yul trans boarder MLL last Sunday ! White poodle, same colour as this years E35 card
Ok, further to Stranger's Q upthread...did said E35-colored poodle present it's own Altitude card at the desk?

Is there are reason animals are now allowed entry into lounges where mere mortals can only dream about entering?

AND

What will Air Canada and the Maple Leaf Lounges do when someone calls the local public health department?

Just asking......

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.