Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Ongoing MLL Disrepair and Uncleanliness

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ongoing MLL Disrepair and Uncleanliness

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2015, 8:08 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
I'm now in the TK IST lounge....making the YUL DOM MLL....look.....well.....
Old Jan 17, 2015, 12:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Dorian
I'm now in the TK IST lounge....making the YUL DOM MLL....look.....well.....
Let me guess, like what you saw in the toilet at YUL?
Old Jan 17, 2015, 12:23 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Where's the onus on the user though too?

I agree these places should be pretty spotless. But I hate seeing bathrooms like this, why leave your paper towel on top when you could push it down a little bit? Why leave your can in there? Odds are in a public bathroom I'm not gonna push down the small garbage bin with my foot, but I do it here at work, so maybe I should.

Point being, if people are a little more respectful it goes a long way in at least making things APPEAR clean, then they don't need to be cleaned as often and don't look so bad.

It's the same on board. Having worked in the airline industry I can't understand how people disrespect the aircrafts so badly. Would you step on a bag of chips and mash them into your carpet at home? No, so why do that anywhere else? The flight attendants come around to collect garbage multiple times, why do you leave the aircraft with a seatback full of crap? I'm not a neat freak by any stretch, my apartment is a good example of that, but when I leave an aircraft, the only way you can usual tell someone was in my seat, is because the seatbelt isn't folded over.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 12:25 pm

Programs: AC SE MM
Originally Posted by Dorian
YUL Domestic MLL Jan 16 - 20:35

I was also at the YUL domestic MLL yesterday at around 3:00. Table was full of dirty cans and dishes and misc trash. I moved it onto the island area and it sat there for at least 25 min before anyone cleaned it up. The food was also pretty much empty during that time.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 12:30 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by drvannostren

I agree these places should be pretty spotless. But I hate seeing bathrooms like this, why leave your paper towel on top when you could push it down a little bit? Why leave your can in there? Odds are in a public bathroom I'm not gonna push down the small garbage bin with my foot, but I do it here at work, so maybe I should.

Point being, if people are a little more respectful it goes a long way in at least making things APPEAR clean, then they don't need to be cleaned as often and don't look so bad.

It's the same on board. Having worked in the airline industry I can't understand how people disrespect the aircrafts so badly. Would you step on a bag of chips and mash them into your carpet at home? No, so why do that anywhere else? The flight attendants come around to collect garbage multiple times, why do you leave the aircraft with a seatback full of crap? I'm not a neat freak by any stretch, my apartment is a good example of that, but when I leave an aircraft, the only way you can usual tell someone was in my seat, is because the seatbelt isn't folded over.
Same reason why the free dailies are all over the floor in the metro when there are signs and recycling bins everywhere asking people not to do that. People live in their little entitlement bubble and couldn't give less of a crap about anything outside of it. From my observations, there is a strong correlation between income level and said entitlement bubble as well, extrapolate from that what you want.

Common courtesy like common sense is going (gone?) the way of the dodo.

But I think AC filth goes beyond this topic, just not a priority there (until recently, perhaps)
Old Jan 17, 2015, 3:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond

I generally agree, but the problem here seems to be that the garbage bins are full. I will put garbage in my pocket until I can find a place to get rid of it, but I'm not doing that with a wet paper towel in a bathroom
Old Jan 17, 2015, 4:13 pm

Agree with both of you.

I don't know much about the recycling process but I really hope those daily papers aren't killing our forests, because they're so useless for the most part, I read one every now and then but they print thousands of these things every day in Vancouver alone. Why not just make it free on the Newsstand app?

I wonder how much it correlates with economic standing. I'm Middle-class, but I've always taken an ownership over things like this. In Colombia no one busses their own table. Why? They basically feel like, why would I when someone is getting paid for it? I can understand that, but when at the mall, it takes literally 15 seconds to walk my tray over to the trash and deal with it myself. Let the employees then deal with emptying the trash. It's just so easy. Same thing here or on board, step 1 should be on the end user, all the steps after that can be the staff's responsibility.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 1:56 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver

Tragedy of the commons.

I'm never quite sure if people are lazy, negligent, or just outright malicious when they do that.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 6:18 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by Diabeetus
Tragedy of the commons.

I'm never quite sure if people are lazy, negligent, or just outright malicious when they do that.
All of the above.

When I had the bar, we changed the carpet. 1st night with the new carpet, 2 people dropped their cigarette on the floor and stepped on it to extinguish it. I assume they wouldn't do that in their homes. I almost put a cigarette out on thir foreheads.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 8:38 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
I think it is worse: obliviousness.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 9:18 am

I think it's all that plus just ignorance/laziness, they figure someone else will do it, if they had maids at home they'd probably be slobs.

I used to get calls as the operations coordination "umm can you get the cleaners to go to A4 tail 237, someone...made a mess in the bathroom, there's poop everywhere". No word of a lie, and this wasn't ONCE, it wasn't frequent either but it happened enough for me to think ... is wrong with people?
Old Jan 19, 2015, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Here in the HND NH lounge again.

Aside from the LH lounges (especially IN Deutschland), nothing compares to the spotlessness of this place (I can't speak for JAL lounges since I've never been in one). Puts MLL to shame.

Yeah, blame culture for being bad at what you do. I give a resounding "golf cr@p" to the contracted MLL staff.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 3:33 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
At the YVR MLL now. The staff are busy keeping the food area restocked and clean.

Bathroom is clean.

Seating area has some left over dishes, but over all not too bad.

So I'd consider it an acceptable state.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Last night in the YYZ Int'l MLL all faucets were operational!!!

Ima gonna go git me a lotto tix now.

Will check out the LHR MLL on Monday - urinals... watch out!
Old Jan 23, 2015, 2:27 pm

Programs: AC*SE
I have been sitting in the Yyz domestic lounge for almost 3 hours now. Haven't seen a single dish cleared but I have seen a number of people pour Guinness into a coffee cup because that is all they could find. This is the worst I have ever seen it. With this being about the only benefit left for a 75k flyer I guess it is a pretty clear message.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.