Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested the original 2004 - 2014 thread on the topic may be found here.

That original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about other airline/hotel loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Old Jul 1, 2015, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
1. Can't wait until the SE lounges start operating
2. Can't wait until the stupid MLL Wifi actually becomes real wifi and dial-up speed
3. I think the YYZ Int'l MLL food/spread has increased in quantity and quality over the last half year... I am actually quite impressed.
4. Can't wait until the SE lounges start operating
5. I still don't get the food they serve in LH *G/Senator lounges - i.e. long weiner twice the length of the bun they offer
6. Can't wait until zoned boarding is applied uniformly across the entire AC system
7. I like the UPX - quite and comfortable ride and pretty much on time - ample luggage space, power ports, wifi, and nice air conditioning... and great acceleration.
8. Can't wait until the SE lounges start operating
Old Jul 1, 2015, 3:40 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by yyznomad
1. Can't wait until the SE lounges start operating
2. Can't wait until the stupid MLL Wifi actually becomes real wifi and dial-up speed
3. I think the YYZ Int'l MLL food/spread has increased in quantity and quality over the last half year... I am actually quite impressed.
4. Can't wait until the SE lounges start operating
5. I still don't get the food they serve in LH *G/Senator lounges - i.e. long weiner twice the length of the bun they offer
6. Can't wait until zoned boarding is applied uniformly across the entire AC system
7. I like the UPX - quite and comfortable ride and pretty much on time - ample luggage space, power ports, wifi, and nice air conditioning... and great acceleration.
8. Can't wait until the SE lounges start operating
News to nomad.

No SE lounges coming

Old Jul 2, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
News to nomad.

No SE lounges coming

Then what was all that talk about here on FT?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 10:03 am

Programs: *$ Green
Maybe that's because it will be..... a J lounge!!
Old Jul 2, 2015, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Maybe that's because it will be..... a J lounge!!
Ugh. Yuck.

... and I just noticed that someone will be on an extended vacation from FT
Old Jul 2, 2015, 8:27 pm

Programs: AC E50K *G
Just got back from this place. What a weird elevator system. And who knew people take videos about elevators and post them on Youtube. Never seen this before...

Old Jul 2, 2015, 8:29 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by honeybees
Just got back from this place. What a weird elevator system. And who knew people take videos about elevators and post them on Youtube. Never seen this before...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9qiuCP6dbA
Very common all over the world.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by Dorian
Very common all over the world.
Maybe! But certainly not in North America! (as I learned recently)
Old Jul 2, 2015, 8:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Maybe! But certainly not in North America! (as I learned recently)
I've seen it in a few places including HNL.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 8:48 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by maradori
buu buu all this hotel chatter and Hyatt is surprisingly neglected

Yay Hyatt. I think I stayed in them 40+ nights last year, hence the Diamond. Other than a couple of exceptions the most consistent chain. Not many Hyatts in Canada but they are all over down south.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

NOLA as well.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 5:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9qiuCP6dbA
I've been in an office in Toronto that has that system.

It's actually quite nice, because when you have a bunch of people, it can schedule the elevators better (only one or two stops per elevator, instead of a random distribution where every elevator stops at every floor).
Old Jul 3, 2015, 6:28 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG Plat,
And to bring the thread together a bit, the Vancouver Hyatt has that kind of elevator system.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 9:20 pm

Thank you everyone. I was told that there was only 2 places in N. America with it when asked where else has that system. Guess that person was wrong. =P

Also! I recently learned that the World Trade Center also now has this system!
Old Jul 5, 2015, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Man, yesterday in Berlin was stupid hot. Just standing outside for a few minutes was unbearable.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.