Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested the original 2004 - 2014 thread on the topic may be found here.

That original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about other airline/hotel loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2015, 8:16 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Makes sense, the YYZ - SFO do started there.
Did it?
Old Nov 30, 2015, 9:11 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.1.2576 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Originally Posted by maradori
Originally Posted by pewpew
I've actually heard the best things about USC, but it helps that my best friend (and a good friend) goes there

Does anyone who's not in Canada/the US want to help me with my homework? I'm doing a project on McDonalds in different countries
I'm going to hopefully uhhhh "research" first-hand how good ASU is this weekend. Hope it doesn't disappoint

I love McDonalds back in Taiwan. If you pay for RTW ticket, I'll gladly help you "research" non-CAN/USA McDonalds first hand
Ha, if I had the money to pay for that, I'd be going myself

But actually, I would appreciate help. All I really need is for people to buy something (either a big Mac / their preferred sandwich or something more unique to the area, like the McAloo Tikki in India) and take a photo. You get to eat McDonald's guilt-free . And put me through school
Old Nov 30, 2015, 1:43 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.1.2576 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Ha, if I had the money to pay for that, I'd be going myself

But actually, I would appreciate help. All I really need is for people to buy something (either a big Mac / their preferred sandwich or something more unique to the area, like the McAloo Tikki in India) and take a photo. You get to eat McDonald's guilt-free . And put me through school
Wait. You're actually serious about the McDonalds thing? I thought you were kidding!
Old Nov 30, 2015, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Wait. You're actually serious about the McDonalds thing? I thought you were kidding!
Haha, no, I'm serious. The best part about studying in the US: you get to take courses outside of your field of study without feeling guilty
Old Dec 1, 2015, 5:56 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Haha, no, I'm serious. The best part about studying in the US: you get to take courses outside of your field of study without feeling guilty
That's pretty cool. Wish I could help - as far as McDonalds go, I really don't care when I eat there, between the Filet o Fish or the mcnuggets, you can be sure I am ingesting their crap at least once a week or so

Whatever, you live once, and for me, eh i'll die when i'm 40 but i'll go out with a bang

On another note, SFO has been a great trip. The Dos and other events were great, now off to SAN to visit/pet a few penguins, should be fun.

United F though. [insert expletive here] me. GA/FAs can [insert expletive here] off ahead of time. Surely agents ahead....time for a prescriptive sedative or two to dull the pain. Ugh. How UA didn't win the award for the crappiest flight attendants is beyond me. Perhaps they at least fit this time @:-) Or maybe there'll be a weight and balance issue

McDonalds from SAN trip report?

You know, what is weird though is the Wendys Chicken Burger (combo 7). Really weird stuff, so in Canada they toast the buns which means i can't eat them (lactose intolerance), but in the US they don't, so I can. AND the chicken strips in Canada (combo 6?) doesn't exist in the US. Wendys carries chicken mcnuggets.....WTH?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:12 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Don't forget, booger king's nuggets are $1.49 for 10 -- but even so, I rather prefer paying slightly more for McDonalds' 20 for $5

In something just as totally TMI as the penguin's inability to digest certain foods, I'm so #%@ pissed I can't find any good hookups in %#@% scottsdale. Hopefully this week can end soon so I can pretend to be like pewpew and do some "research" first-hand at ASU
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:14 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Don't forget, booger king's nuggets are $1.49 for 10 -- but even so, I rather prefer paying slightly more for McDonalds' 20 for $5

In something just as totally TMI as the penguin's inability to digest certain foods, I'm so #%@ pissed I can't find any good hookups in %#@% scottsdale. Hopefully this week can end soon so I can pretend to be like pewpew and do some "research" first-hand at ASU
You do read the OMNI Ian read right?

It's a good thread to follow. But wait, i'm confused, you're in Scottsdale? Color me confused....

My brain hurts
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
I'm trying to find the "approved carry-on baggage" thread where flyers posted the model #'s and/or pictures of their carry-on that fit the AC sizers.

For the life of me, I can't find that thread. Can anyone help me here?

I was a bit trigger happy yesterday and bought several Tumi pieces....

SAP, we need to touch base...LOL

Edit: Thread found: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...ac-sizers.html
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:52 am

What exactly is your opinion of me
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:55 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CanRulez
I'm trying to find the "approved carry-on baggage" thread where flyers posted the model #'s and/or pictures of their carry-on that fit the AC sizers.

For the life of me, I can't find that thread. Can anyone help me here?

I was a bit trigger happy yesterday and bought several Tumi pieces....

SAP, we need to touch base...LOL

Edit: Thread found: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...ac-sizers.html
Dude really? Buying tumi bags? Buy B and R bags. I can get you 25% off if you buy from a legit retailer at TO!
Old Dec 1, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Dude really? Buying tumi bags? Buy B and R bags. I can get you 25% off if you buy from a legit retailer at TO!
Uh, is there something wrong with Tumi bags?

I'll be the first to admit they emit an aura of DYKWIA but they're spectacular bags. Highly recommended!
Old Dec 1, 2015, 11:24 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ffsim

I'll be the first to admit they emit an aura of DYKWIA but they're spectacular bags. Highly recommended!
Well Tumi's command a higher price point, which, ok fine if one can afford them, all the power to people who can buy them, but the difference lies in the detail.

B&R bags have a lifetime warranty. Tumi, last I checked have a 5 year warranty. So why would one pay more money to have a worse warranty, IMHO, both bags are equally well built...
Old Dec 1, 2015, 11:28 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Well Tumi's command a higher price point, which, ok fine if one can afford them, all the power to people who can buy them, but the difference lies in the detail.

B&R bags have a lifetime warranty. Tumi, last I checked have a 5 year warranty. So why would one pay more money to have a worse warranty, IMHO, both bags are equally well built...
Ah, you're saying you like B&R because it's less expensive and has a longer warranty. I guess no one should buy a BMW or Mercedes instead of a Hyundai or Mitsubishi then
Old Dec 1, 2015, 11:43 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Ah, you're saying you like B&R because it's less expensive and has a longer warranty. I guess no one should buy a BMW or Mercedes instead of a Hyundai or Mitsubishi then
OK I guess it's more like saying.....well, if a BMW has a warranty for 3 years and a Merc for 8, then my gut would be to suggest people to buy the Merc
Old Dec 1, 2015, 12:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life

Good bags but heavy. Switched to Rimowa, light but $$$.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.