Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested the original 2004 - 2014 thread on the topic may be found here.

That original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about other airline/hotel loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2015, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Now at 羽田空港国際線ビルのNH's lounge again.

I just wish I could somehow port this quality of service and decorum to AC North American MLLs...
Old Aug 2, 2015, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
*burp*

I just inhaled two plates of soba, chicken nuggets, french fries, and sushi rolls.

I'm done eating for the next week.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 10:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Now at 羽田空港国際線ビルのNH's lounge again.

I just wish I could somehow port this quality of service and decorum to AC North American MLLs...

Indeed. It sparkles in so many ways.

Old Aug 2, 2015, 10:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Does anyone know how champagne works on short LH flights?

I flew ZRH-MUC in J a few weeks ago, and I was either offered water or nothing before departure.

One of the crew brought back two glasses of champagne to Y.

I meant to ask about it, but I forgot, and only remembered when I opened my fridge just now.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Does anyone know how champagne works on short LH flights?

I flew ZRH-MUC in J a few weeks ago, and I was either offered water or nothing before departure.

One of the crew brought back two glasses of champagne to Y.

I meant to ask about it, but I forgot, and only remembered when I opened my fridge just now.
I do this almost weekly within Europe.

Pre-flight drinks is actually not part of their intra-Europe J short haul service - only if their are delays/IRROPS do they occasionally offer to J pax.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 11:29 pm

I do this almost weekly within Europe.

Pre-flight drinks is actually not part of their intra-Europe J short haul service - only if their are delays/IRROPS do they occasionally offer to J pax.
Right. My question was more about the champagne going back to Y.

The flight was on time.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Right. My question was more about the champagne going back to Y.

The flight was on time.
Ok, if in "general", you ask for the champagne during regular in-flight service.

If your mention of "champagne going to Y" as in during pre-flight, that is not normal. This may occur if there are VIPs or F pax or random i.e. someone on their honeymoon and staff felt inclined to give something to klink.

(can you clarify "when" the champagne was brought back to Y - pre-flight or mid-flight?) In all cases, this is not normal.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 12:29 am

Ok, if in "general", you ask for the champagne during regular in-flight service.

If your mention of "champagne going to Y" as in during pre-flight, that is not normal. This may occur if there are VIPs or F pax or random i.e. someone on their honeymoon and staff felt inclined to give something to klink.

(can you clarify "when" the champagne was brought back to Y - pre-flight or mid-flight?) In all cases, this is not normal.
Pre-flight.

And for the record, I was an F pax, and I did not get any champagne

Four cars met the plane (along with the bus) when we landed, so there were definitely a couple other "important" people on board.

Then again, the flight I connected to had an in-flight opup to F. The woman who was moved up knew a guy who was already in F. That was just a weird day for flying LH. Service was even worse than my first LH F flight though. They blamed it on a passenger who needed oxygen tanks or something. I blamed it on LH just having typically lackluster service. It was definitely below the average of what I get in AC J when it's 1:14 in the front cabin, and this flight was 1:4.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pre-flight.

Four cars met the plane (along with the bus) when we landed, so there were definitely a couple other "important" people on board.

Then again, the flight I connected to had an in-flight opup to F. The woman who was moved up knew a guy who was already in F. That was just a weird day for flying LH. Service was even worse than my first LH F flight though. They blamed it on a passenger who needed oxygen tanks or something. I blamed it on LH just having typically lackluster service. It was definitely below the average of what I get in AC J when it's 1:14 in the front cabin, and this flight was 1:4.
Right. Like I said, the norm is nothing for pre-flight drinks no matter who you are. Any drinks brought back to Y pre-flight was definitely one-off and for a specific reason.

I sit often with LH F ticketed passengers in short haul intra-Europe "C" all the time and they get the exact same treatment as I do. Zero preference.

The only thing that tipped me off to them being F is upon arrival they were met by a Mercedes.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 10:39 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Pre-flight.

For the record, prior to your experiences on LH F, I had really wanted to try it. Now, especially with their YQ, combined with your experience and 24L, I'm much less inclined to try it...
Old Aug 3, 2015, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
For the record, prior to your experiences on LH F, I had really wanted to try it. Now, especially with their YQ, combined with your experience and 24L, I'm much less inclined to try it...
Well I believe 24l had two vastly different experiences, whereas mine were fairly similar.

I'm tempted to go into the LH forum and ask about it, but it's so much effort...
Old Aug 3, 2015, 12:15 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
So.....she knows you're not from there or?....
Ya YVR is pretty close to YYJ right. So it's not as bad as someone in a far off land.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 1:18 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
Ya YVR is pretty close to YYJ right. So it's not as bad as someone in a far off land.
Ah, gotcha. I thought you were out in like every city going...yeah, I live down the street but my house is flooded, how about we go to your bed....err, I mean your place instead?
Old Aug 3, 2015, 4:27 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Ah, gotcha. I thought you were out in like every city going...yeah, I live down the street but my house is flooded, how about we go to your bed....err, I mean your place instead?
I am out in every city. This one happened to be close.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 5:26 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
I am out in every city. This one happened to be close.
So err....let's say you're in YYZ, then how do you get around the "where do you live" question? Because if you say...well, i'm all over Canada (or wherever - essentially the truth). You're screwed (not in the sense that you want either) I'm starting to get grey hair (and I welcome it), but I do not recall this...

Last edited by superangrypenguin; Aug 10, 2015 at 11:26 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.