Hacks & Mods - Add Yours!

Old Dec 30, 2014, 4:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Similar behaviour to the knee defender - just a bit more archaic
Ahhhh, got it. thanks

Originally Posted by nave888
2- Occasionally, I have a few extra liquids in my carry on. If this happens, I just put one bag of liquids in a bin with my coat, and the second bag in a bin with my belt, phone, and watch. Nobody ever cares.

These two points do make my travel easier and more comfortable, but at the end of the day, there is nothing easy or comfortable about years of Elite status earned by segments, mainly on AC express!
I've never had trouble NOT taking liquids out of my bag. Not once, and that's domestic, TB and intl!

Last edited by tcook052; Dec 30, 2014 at 5:00 pm
Old Dec 30, 2014, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
I've never had trouble NOT taking liquids out of my bag. Not once, and that's domestic, TB and intl!
Just depends on the cumulative volume IMO.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 4:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Dorian
Just depends on the cumulative volume IMO.
Hmm. I carry quite a bit in my carry on bag. Deodorant, shampoo, hand lotion, body wash, toothpaste, lip balm...like quite a lot. (completely stuffed mid size zip lock bag). I added Biofreeze (quite a large bottle but not against regs) yesterday, will report back if that becomes a tipping point on my flight next week ^
Old Dec 30, 2014, 5:25 pm

Programs: AC-SEMM, AA-Gold
Clorox my pod
Old Dec 30, 2014, 9:36 pm

Programs: AC E35, Marriott, National
Started a movie and you've landed and want to remember where you ended? Take a photo of the bottom right corner showing time left.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 10:36 pm

Programs: AC SE MM
I added a key ring onto the top of my 21" roller and another on the loop of my QC15 case. I then connect the rings using a lockable carabiner. This way I save room in my carry on and the headphones are easily accessible when boarding.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 10:48 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by WR Cage
Another knee and space saving hack. If you are working on laptop with meal tray folded down. stick half thickness of the enRoute magazine between the tray legs and the seat infront. In most cases this will prevent the person infront from reclining and will also save your laptop screen from getting crushed if the person in front explosively reclines.
sheeeeeeeeeeeit what a brillian travel hack! Going to do this from now on. I know that pretty much all the airlines in North America prohibits the use of knee defender on their flights, but using the airline's own in flight magazine? brilliant!!
Old Dec 30, 2014, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by maradori
sheeeeeeeeeeeit what a brillian travel hack! Going to do this from now on. I know that pretty much all the airlines in North America prohibits the use of knee defender on their flights, but using the airline's own in flight magazine? brilliant!!
It won't stop me from trying to recline, and when the pressure of me forcing the seat back jolts the magazine out of place and the sudden recline cracks your laptop... I won't be paying for it.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 11:14 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Enterprise Plat
Originally Posted by winnipegrev
It won't stop me from trying to recline, and when the pressure of me forcing the seat back jolts the magazine out of place and the sudden recline cracks your laptop... I won't be paying for it.
Magazine won't pop out. This is where WR Cage is saying to jam the magazine.

Brilliant.

Old Dec 31, 2014, 5:52 am

Programs: AC:50K
Originally Posted by Dorian
The is the old method. FF is enabled now.
Oh, awesome. I guess I got used to starting them early and never noticed the change. (And I hardly ever watch more than one movie per flight.)
Old Dec 31, 2014, 5:50 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by maradori
Appreciate knowing this. If I ever can't recline now I know where to look behind me to fix the issue. I am assuming an FA would look after the offender immediately if they don't voluntarily remove their impromptu seat recline blocking device.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by djkyyc
Appreciate knowing this. If I ever can't recline now I know where to look behind me to fix the issue. I am assuming an FA would look after the offender immediately if they don't voluntarily remove their impromptu seat recline blocking device.
It's a magazine. I choose to put it there. How is that against the law/rule?
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Because you're interfering with an advertised feature (reclining) of another passenger's seat.

Roughly equivalent to me turning your light off whenever you turned it on because it annoyed me.

If you want more space, there are seats that offer it.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:09 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Silver
You can put it there. You simply need to remove it while I recline, then you can put it back!

I'm considerate, I won't recline during meal time and when I do recline it will be slowly so you don't spill your drink.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Because you're interfering with an advertised feature (reclining) of another passenger's seat.

Roughly equivalent to me turning your light off whenever you turned it on because it annoyed me.

If you want more space, there are seats that offer it.
I don't have an issue with pax reclining. I'm either in preferred seats or J. What I do have an issue with is the jerks who just go WHAM-O and recline. At least recline slowly, or bit by bit (I do this). If I put a mag there and it prevents them from wrecking my laptop, and they care enough/notice, sure i'm happy to remove it as it's the right thing to do. Honestly if they aren't respectful/courteous enough to either inform the pax behind them or employ basic common sense tactics (see above), then that goes both ways.

At 6 feet, I love my recline just like the next guy, but I try to treat others nicely, especially with the ever increasing density of planes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.