Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

when did Rapidair change standby rules?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2014, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC-E50. Marriott Plat

I was under the impression that anyone could stand by for an earlier flight on YYZ YUL Rapidair service, at no charge. I booked a tango fare for an employee and told him he could stand by, but he was told no.
When did this change? is it purely a fare class situation, Tango vs Flex?
Old Dec 21, 2014, 9:35 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by dirkster
I was under the impression that anyone could stand by for an earlier flight on YYZ YUL Rapidair service, at no charge. I booked a tango fare for an employee and told him he could stand by, but he was told no.
When did this change? is it purely a fare class situation, Tango vs Flex?
You need a flex fare or higher / or an Aeroplan redemption to standby for free.

As per: http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin.../rapidair.html
Old Dec 21, 2014, 9:58 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
This is the only reason to buy flex on Rapidair. I will often buy flex for later in the day (11:00pm) as they are often quite close in price to the tango fares earlier in the day (5:00pm). As an SE I am top of the list for standby so I normally get onto the flight I really want.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.