Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Unusual situation... What would you do ?

Unusual situation... What would you do ?

Old Dec 20, 2014, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
No one has the right answer in this thread. You all show selfishness as humans, everybody in your own way. Anything else is just a lie.
Cheer up, it's Christmas!
Old Dec 20, 2014, 10:57 pm

Programs: Yes, I belong.
Originally Posted by MoreMiles
AC should implement a rule with their mobile credit card machine.

"Sir, would you like to purchase 2 extra seats? That will be $2000 payable right now. No? In that case, Air Canada is hereby reassigning the vacant seat to another passenger in your row. You don't own the right to use those vacant seats. Still refused to move... Air Marshall, code 13 at row 23, stat, I repeat code 13 stat"

I think most people will find the OP unreasonable. With his analogy, he can use an entire row of unsold Hilton hotel rooms? "But they are vacant? So I decided to open the adjacent room door to connect them!"
Oh, I'm so glad this thread was started...I've been wanting to ask this for a while:

If AC starts up selling vacant preferred seating after boarding is completed (like UA supposedly does with it's E+ seats), then will those people who are already in preferred seating be given the opportunity to pay the up sell amount to keep an adjacent seat unoccupied? By extension, the same could be applied to unoccupied standard seats.

Or have I become an unethical Grinch?
Old Dec 21, 2014, 12:06 am

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by yyckerr
Well this thread basically summarizes why the infrequent traveler generally hates the frequent flyer.

I choose to be a good neighbor and pay it forward, because I believe in being a decent human being, but that's just me.

Would I have been disappointed? Yes.
Would I have preferred not to give up the seat? Yes.
Would I have handled it much differently? Yes. .
Couldn't have said it better myself.

This basic gist of this is that you only paid for one *&(%$#@ seat!

Thus, you're no more entitled to the open seats than anyone else on board; but most importantly, the common COURTESY people should exhibit in their every interaction with others makes your conduct despicable.

*sigh*

But I digress...
Old Dec 21, 2014, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Arabic_Princess
Couldn't have said it better myself.

This basic gist of this is that you only paid for one *&(%$#@ seat!

Thus, you're no more entitled to the open seats than anyone else on board; but most importantly, the common COURTESY people should exhibit in their every interaction with others makes your conduct despicable.

*sigh*

But I digress...
Welcome to FlyerTalk, Arabic_Princess. You have joined us at a contentious thread but many of discussions here are informative and interesting so please do stick around and explore and continue to post!
Old Dec 21, 2014, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
This route should be cut immediately!!! Empty seats at Christmas? Every flight outta YEG to YYZ is jammed solid for a week in all classes!

As a pax you are entitled to one seat and it's beyond rude to not share the additional space. I witnessed this on a Chinese flight where a foreigner told someone to not sit in "his" exit row (in the aisle) as he had bought the seat next to him. I had a full exit row as well and waved the person into my row. Really people....grow up!
Old Dec 21, 2014, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by Altaflyer
As a pax you are entitled to one seat and it's beyond rude to not share the additional space.
Every pax got one seat, why sharing becomes an issue.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.