FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: YEG USER
YEG FT Do

Date: Friday, February 13, 2015
Time: 6:00pm - ??
Venue: Craft Beer Market - Downtown YEG
Address: 10013 100A Ave, Edmonton, AB (780) 424-2337
Reservation Name: FT

Upstairs in a booth next to the glass overlooking the lower floor.

Confirmed:

anti_ice
yyckerr
tcook052
danapop
Rad456
YEGcited
siaa380
YEG USER

Possibles:
stinger
CdnFlier
BoyAreMyArmsTired

Regrets:
RCyyz
the penguin
Altaflyer
Nitehawk
24left
jaysona (still at work )
airstream74 - damn roads and accidents!
Print Wikipost

Winter YEG FT get together

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2015, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Alas that is the long weekend and I make it a point to never be home on long weekends . Off to Vancouver the evening prior

Last edited by Altaflyer; Jan 20, 2015 at 8:57 pm
Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:07 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Mine is likely a no as I am just firming up sun trips for February!

Good luck and if my plans change will let you know--will be in Edmonton a couple of times over next week so always happy to come to the DOs if they work.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 10:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
Sorry to hear some may not be able to make it but hope more can sign up.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 12:07 pm

Programs: AC E50 MM, WJ Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime
I should be able to make it. hockey practice ends at 5:30pm so this seems doable.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 12:33 pm

Programs: AC-E50K, Avis Preferred Plus, Mariott-Titanium
I will be in YEG for training that day. I should be able to make it.
Count me as tentative.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 1:05 pm

Programs: AC: Ac*A, , Nexus: Expired
Yes, I can make it as well. Looking forward to meeting some of you folks.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 2:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Event times

Originally Posted by tcook052
Something like cocktails at 6 - 6:30, EIA update 6:30 - 7 or 7:30, tour of hotel 7:30 - 8:30 and then late dinner or drinks back in Halo around 8:30. Again that's subject to confirmation but too much earlier isn't easy for some to make it coming from work while any later makes it harder for those flying out later in the evening or driving home any distance. Right now it's all tentative.

Any chance you can post this up in the wiki like a tentative itinerary?
Thanks mucho

Will there be YEG-Do souvenirs?
Old Jan 21, 2015, 2:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by 24left
Will there be YEG-Do souvenirs?
Unlikely though EIA or the Ren may have some swag.

Thanks to those who've expressed interest in attending or have confirmed and hope to have the "tentative" tag removed as soon as I can so watch for updates.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 3:39 pm
Original Member

Programs: Starbucks Gold
I am planning on attending
Old Jan 21, 2015, 3:44 pm
Original Member

Programs: Starbucks Gold
Going to slip today's EIA announcement here...not sure where to post otherwise

2nd accouncement .... Rosenau Transport opening new distribution facility at EIA provides entire province newer faster acces

"EDMONTON, Jan. 21, 2015 /CNW/ - Ivanhoé Cambridge and Edmonton International Airport (EIA) unveiled today details about the development of the Outlet Collection at EIA shopping centre.

Ivanhoé Cambridge and EIA have made significant advances in the design and planning of Outlet Collection at EIA which will anchor the airport's Highway Commercial Development project, a plan by EIA to create a premier shopping, office, entertainment and hotel development located adjacent to the Queen Elizabeth II Highway at Airport Road.

Edmonton's first-and-only pure outlet centre, Outlet Collection at EIA, will feature warm modern fashion-forward districts and a contemporary dining hall within an enclosed "industrial chic" shopping environment. Since the initial project announcement in December 2013, the shopping centre's retail area has been increased by 65,000 square feet to 415,000 square feet, and now plans to welcome more than 100 outlet brands.

The property will also benefit from new services:

•A new airport shuttle service will be in place by the opening of the centre, which will provide airport travellers with the the opportunity to easily move between the Terminal and Outlet Collection at EIA during longer layovers

•A new parcel storage service will be established to accommodate customers who buy on the way through, with pick-up service on the return leg of their travel

With Outlet Collection at EIA opening in 2017, site preparation has progressed significantly over the course of the past year, including the rough grading of the site, the design and construction of the internal boundary roads and the development of services and utilities. EIA is also advancing plans to modify the Queen Elizabeth II Highway / Airport Rd. interchange to provide direct access to the site for customers coming from the Edmonton market and beyond.

"We are very pleased with the momentum of this exciting project, a natural evolution of our Mills and Outlet Collection banners," declared Paul Gleeson, Executive Vice President, Global Development, Ivanhoé Cambridge. "Based on the overwhelming success of our first Outlet Collection at Niagara, which opened in May 2014, and the Outlet Collection at Winnipeg which is to break ground this coming summer, we look forward to bringing this shopping experience with irresistible outlet brands to the people of the greater Edmonton market."

"The Outlet Collection is a major development project that will not only attract new passengers and generate revenue that we can reinvest in our airport, it will help us continue to drive economic growth for the region. Our airport already creates over 10,000 jobs and generates over $1.5 billion in economic output," said Tom Ruth, President and CEO of Edmonton International Airport.

Edmontonians are the highest retail-spending citizens per capita in Canada, and the city ranks as 5th largest retail market in Canada. With 8.2 million passengers a year, EIA is the fastest-growing major airport in Canada. More than 74,000 vehicles pass by EIA on the Queen Elizabeth II Highway every day. "
Old Jan 21, 2015, 3:47 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Should be there, will confirm shortly. Thanks for invite!
Old Jan 21, 2015, 6:12 pm

I will be PSP and am sorry to miss it.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 7:23 pm

Oh hmm interesting, maybe!
Old Jan 21, 2015, 7:55 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels Platinum
Thanks for the update, tcook052. I am planning to be there.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 3:24 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan, BA Executive, DL Skymiles, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, National Executive Elite
Count me in as a tentative, I need to double check that I can get the day shift at work. It will be my 3rd day back from my RTW trip!

(I might have a +1, one of my coworkers is getting into FT and might want to come)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.