Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 5, 2018, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: asovse1
Suggested format for a wiki containing a quick summary of what's available and when at the various MLLs...

Summary of Meal Offerings and Times at MLLs

YYZ Domestic
Breakfast: 05:15 AM - 10:30 AM; (as of March 2018) oatmeal, yogurts, scrambled eggs, sausages, hash browns, bread, jam etc. As of Nov/Dec 2018: the usual oatmeal yogurt, bread, bananas, sometimes watermelon, cheese omelette, some sort of meat (e.g. sausage), some sort of roasted potato (from frozen)
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; 2 soups, small salad/vegetable offering (e.g. potato salad, kale and cranberry salad, edamame beans), margarita pizza (starting at 11:30), cookies, fruit
Dinner: x:xx PM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings
Outside meal times: tortillas, salsa, cookies, soups. PHOTOS
Alcohol available: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM/AM

YYZ Transborder
Breakfast: x:xx AM - y:yy AM; quick description of food offerings
Lunch: x:xx AM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings
Outside meal times: quick description of food offerings

YYZ International
Breakfast: x:xx AM - y:yy AM; quick description of food offerings
Lunch: x:xx AM - y:yy PM; See this post for photos https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30073984-post2600.html Note that the last photos posted for this MLL were Aug 2018

YVR Domestic
Breakfast: 07:00 AM - 9:30 AM; (as of July 2018), sausages, scrambled eggs, potato cakes, oatmeal, yogurts, bananas, bread, jam etc
Lunch: 11:00 AM - 2:00?? PM; pizza (limited time, usually replenished no more than twice), salads (chips are pulled) ended ~2pm today, but seems abnormal -eb 2018Jun20
Dinner:6:00 PM - 6:45 PM; macaron with crushed tomato sauce, sprinkled lightly with shredded white cheese and a few basil leaves
Outside meal times: tortillas, salsa of hummus (not both at same time), cookies; pretzels from 3:00 PM until 4:30 PM
Alcohol available: 11:00 AM - at least 10:00 PM

YVR Transborder
Breakfast: ??:?? AM - ??:?? AM; quick description of food offerings
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings

YVR International
Breakfast: ??:?? AM - 10:30 AM; (as of March 2018), oatmeal, scrambled eggs, cantaloupe, croissant/danish. PHOTOS and more PHOTOS
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; similar to YUL international, salads, veggies, hot pasta dish
Outside meal times: PHOTOS from pre-late night departures

YUL Domestic
Breakfast: x:xx PM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings
Alcohol available: ??:?? - y:yy PM/AM

YUL Transborder
Dinner: x:xx PM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings. PHOTOS of pasta

YUL International
Lunch: 11:15 AM - y:yy PM; pizza, 3 different salads, raw veggies plus around 11:30, chef was making pasta with garlic and shrimp
Outside meal times: tortilla chips, salsa, guacamole, cookies, fruit salad, other salads, soups. PHOTOS

YYC
Breakfast: ??:?? AM - ??:?? AM; muffins, fruit, yogurt, toast (with various spreads)
Lunch: ~11:30 AM - 1:30 PM; pizza, soup, chilli; Mon beef roast + sides
Dinner: ~4:30 PM - 6:30 PM; skillit, veggies, rice, Chilli, soup
Outside meal times: ???

LAX
Breakfast: 05:15 AM - 10:30 AM; (as of March 2018) oatmeal, cold hard boiled eggs, yogurt, bread, jam etc
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; 2 soups, small salad/vegetable offering (potato salad, kale and cranberry salad, edamame beans), nachos, salsa, sour cream, cookies, fruit
Outside meal times: tortillas, salsa, cookies, soups.
Alcohol available: 6:00 AM - 9:30 PM

etc...
Print Wikipost

AC lounge food

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2014, 12:48 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Am I the only one who found the Senator lounge in ZRH very underwhelming?
Yes.

The food offerings are Swiss, so....if you don't like Swiss cuisine, then the offerings will be so-so. If you open your mind a bit and try them, almost all of them are quite good.

As far as the internet code goes, they issue one per scanned boarding pass, no issues at all and I saw it happen in front of my eyes at check-in. Did you request a second one?

LX ZRH lounges wifi speed puts AC MLLs to shame, IMHO.

I will revisit the truly disappointing VIE OS Senator Lounge in a few days to see if they have pulled their socks. @:-)
Old Dec 14, 2014, 2:28 pm

Programs: AC SE / National Exec Elite / Marriott Gold / Accor Elite
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
No but they did transform the Altitude program overnight...

Plus, I don't think anyone on here has said that they believe the airline can ever be like SQ, BR etc. Frequent fliers or employees for that matter. (air new Zealand was the closest as a target)
Talking about Air New Zealand, I was at the LAX lounge yesterday.

Used to be a small MLL right besides the vast ANZ lounge, then AC moved in as ANZ left for a better terminal (T2 is in shambles and under refurbishment for at least another year).

I think the change is quite striking. When Air New Zealand ran this lounge, they had a lot of different food and beverage options, which AC does not have. So now, the fridges in the old ANZ/New AC lounge, which used to host several kinds of local NZ wines, beers, etc… look so empty with the AC offering that - I kid you not - they put potted plants in the bottom shelves of the fridges. The fridges still look totally empty, with a few cans of club soda and whatnot.

I appreciate the new space but I miss the amenities we used to get there when ANZ was running the place. But is shows that Ben's "vision" of a higher top tier offering is a bit optimistic - if this is what the ground service is like, I do not expect miracles in the air.

And instead of a monitor showing us departures, they put an informercial screen which loops an AC infomercial - well, sort of - CG shots of the 787 when under construction. Guessing they are reusing the manufacturer's demo.

The plane still had the old safety video, which is not accurate anymore and contradicts the flight attendants' message on personal devices (gotta love the generation 1 rotary iPod there).

All in all, I see an airline which wants to project an image of luxury while offering a discount service.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 3:03 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by PeteO

Used to be a small MLL right besides the vast ANZ lounge, then AC moved in as ANZ left for a better terminal (T2 is in shambles and under refurbishment for at least another year).

I think the change is quite striking. When Air New Zealand ran this lounge, they had a lot of different food and beverage options, which AC does not have. So now, the fridges in the old ANZ/New AC lounge, which used to host several kinds of local NZ wines, beers, etc… look so empty with the AC offering that - I kid you not - they put potted plants in the bottom shelves of the fridges. The fridges still look totally empty, with a few cans of club soda and whatnot.

I appreciate the new space but I miss the amenities we used to get there when ANZ was running the place. But is shows that Ben's "vision" of a higher top tier offering is a bit optimistic - if this is what the ground service is like, I do not expect miracles in the air.

And instead of a monitor showing us departures, they put an informercial screen which loops an AC infomercial - well, sort of - CG shots of the 787 when under construction. Guessing they are reusing the manufacturer's demo.

The plane still had the old safety video, which is not accurate anymore and contradicts the flight attendants' message on personal devices (gotta love the generation 1 rotary iPod there).

All in all, I see an airline which wants to project an image of luxury while offering a discount service.
The less said about the LAX AC lounge the better. No washrooms. I flew ANZ last week and landed in LAX where the new Star Alliance lounge (run by ANZ) in TBIT was quite nice. Very spacious incl a outdoor deck with bar. Spacious showers though very poor water pressure (environmental thing I guess). Hot food offerings incl a noodle bar, a curry, sandwiches, soups, etc. Also a self pour bar plus a barman that can drum up some rudimentary cocktails. All in a good experience though you have to go to T2 landside to get to AC which is a PIA even though its just a 5 min walk.
TK lounge in IST in Dec was overwhelmng (very busy) but quite good. Several cooking stations where they made fresh Turkish pizza, salads, etc. Also had a cheese cart going around occasionally and also free 10 minute massages wherever you are sitting.
Koru lounge was very nice. SQ lounge in SYD was also good. Dedicated Amex lounges in the US are nice. Other lounges in the US are terrible though a few of the new/refurb United/AA lounges at least are clean though the food offerings and free liquor are terrible.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 3:06 pm

One more thing - I dont think that AC moved into the ANZ Koru lounge. There were side by side when I left for AKL from T2 about three weeks back. What has since happened is that ANZ has moved to the TBIT terminal where ANZ runs the Star Alliance lounge and they have now close the ANZ Koru lounge in T2. The MLL lounge in T2 at LAX was always there though its cramped and normally crowded with poor food/drink offerings and no washrooms. LAX T2 in general now resembles a inner city project.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by vernonc
One more thing - I dont think that AC moved into the ANZ Koru lounge. There were side by side when I left for AKL from T2 about three weeks back. What has since happened is that ANZ has moved to the TBIT terminal where ANZ runs the Star Alliance lounge and they have now close the ANZ Koru lounge in T2. The MLL lounge in T2 at LAX was always there though its cramped and normally crowded with poor food/drink offerings and no washrooms. LAX T2 in general now resembles a inner city project.
Yes, AC did move in - I was there yesterday !!! The old MLL is gutted out and AC is in the vacated ANZ lounge. Which is why I wrote this.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 3:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Yes.

The food offerings are Swiss, so....if you don't like Swiss cuisine, then the offerings will be so-so. If you open your mind a bit and try them, almost all of them are quite good.

As far as the internet code goes, they issue one per scanned boarding pass, no issues at all and I saw it happen in front of my eyes at check-in. Did you request a second one?

LX ZRH lounges wifi speed puts AC MLLs to shame, IMHO.

I will revisit the truly disappointing VIE OS Senator Lounge in a few days to see if they have pulled their socks. @:-)
I had four devices, so one code for three devices didn't help. The agent was even reluctant to give two for the two of us, since my friend was my guest (he had no access of his own).

I agree the wifi speeds were good. I had to download a 400MB file before flying back to YYZ, and was really worried I wouldn't get it in time, but it was no issue.

Maybe it was the time of day I was there (the first time we arrived after breakfast and left before lunch), and the second time was also mid-morning (but a shorter stay), but I didn't even see that much food out. What was available was not incredible. It wasn't good, but so is AC's.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 3:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence

This is actually a pretty big news story that AC took over ANZ's old lounge in T2. I didn't see a press release or anything confirming this on their website.

When I visited the ANZ lounge back in the summer I found the food spread to be comparable to AC's (cheese and snacks), similar sparkling wine, but then again I was there an hour before closing so it could likely be much better during the day.

Are the showers still working? Did they keep NZ's furniture? That space is like 3 times as big (with actual washrooms) so this is an added plus overall. ^

Last edited by kwflyer; Dec 14, 2014 at 3:46 pm
Old Dec 14, 2014, 3:56 pm

Programs: AC E50
Deleted since addressed on previous posts.

Last edited by chaptwo; Dec 14, 2014 at 4:57 pm
Old Dec 14, 2014, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by kwflyer
This is actually a pretty big news story that AC took over ANZ's old lounge in T2. I didn't see a press release or anything confirming this on their website.

When I visited the ANZ lounge back in the summer I found the food spread to be comparable to AC's (cheese and snacks), similar sparkling wine, but then again I was there an hour before closing so it could likely be much better during the day.

Are the showers still working? Did they keep NZ's furniture? That space is like 3 times as big (with actual washrooms) so this is an added plus overall. ^
Showers are not working - this area is cordoned off for now.

No sparkling, no wines, just soft drinks and juice (although this is a noon report).

The food is identical as what was served in the LAX MLL - much less in quality and variety than the former tenant held, as I've been to both several times in the past.

The half empty fridges are a sight to behold ;-)
Old Dec 14, 2014, 6:32 pm

Yes, AC did move in - I was there yesterday !!! The old MLL is gutted out and AC is in the vacated ANZ lounge. Which is why I wrote this.
My apologies. I was there last Sunday and the MLL was business as usual while the Koru lounge was closed with a big sign saying 'business closed' on it. I guess AC moved in a few days later.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 6:43 pm

My apologies. I was there last Sunday and the MLL was business as usual while the Koru lounge was closed with a big sign saying 'business closed' on it. I guess AC moved in a few days later.
Hey no worries - it's a forum !!!

I hope to see improvements quickly - like getting a departure monitor

doubtful the showers will survive - this entails staffing and I don't think AC will go for it in a mainly daily hub - now serving a lot of rouge
Old Dec 14, 2014, 6:51 pm

Hey no worries - it's a forum !!!

I hope to see improvements quickly - like getting a departure monitor

doubtful the showers will survive - this entails staffing and I don't think AC will go for it in a mainly daily hub - now serving a lot of rouge
Hope the lounge showers survive too. When it was Koru lounge it was not staffed i.e. no checkin attendant at the showers. You just went into any that was empty and they were stocked with towels in individual sealed bags. Sure they had to have cleaning staff. The Star Alliance lounge in TBIT now run by ANZ is staffed and you need the agent to open the doors.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 6:53 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Hope the lounge showers survive too. When it was Koru lounge it was not staffed i.e. no checkin attendant at the showers. You just went into any that was empty and they were stocked with towels in individual sealed bags. Sure they had to have cleaning staff. The Star Alliance lounge in TBIT now run by ANZ is staffed and you need the agent to open the doors.
I did forget to mention it in the trip report when I flew BR, but during the busy times for the lounge showers, there were not one, but TWO cleaning staff who stood in the hallways waiting for people to be done their showers, so they could clean them asap for the next guest.

To those saying that they don't think the showers will remain - how is that representative of a 5 star airline? Showers are a basic need after long haul flights.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
I did forget to mention it in the trip report when I flew BR, but during the busy times for the lounge showers, there were not one, but TWO cleaning staff who stood in the hallways waiting for people to be done their showers, so they could clean them asap for the next guest.

To those saying that they don't think the showers will remain - how is that representative of a 5 star airline? Showers are a basic need after long haul flights.
The longest haul AC flights to/from LAX are YYZ, right?

And you're not allowed arrivals access in a transborder lounge, so the only chance to use it would be before a flight.

And if you're flying [somewhere far away] to LAX to YYZ, then I'm sure AC's argument would be "fly AC through YVR if you want a shower"
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:36 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
The longest haul AC flights to/from LAX are YYZ, right?

And you're not allowed arrivals access in a transborder lounge, so the only chance to use it would be before a flight.

And if you're flying [somewhere far away] to LAX to YYZ, then I'm sure AC's argument would be "fly AC through YVR if you want a shower"
I may have misread the posts in this thread. However, given now that it's LAX to YYZ...i'm still for a shower, even though it's...medium haul?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.