Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 5, 2018, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: asovse1
Suggested format for a wiki containing a quick summary of what's available and when at the various MLLs...

Summary of Meal Offerings and Times at MLLs

YYZ Domestic
Breakfast: 05:15 AM - 10:30 AM; (as of March 2018) oatmeal, yogurts, scrambled eggs, sausages, hash browns, bread, jam etc. As of Nov/Dec 2018: the usual oatmeal yogurt, bread, bananas, sometimes watermelon, cheese omelette, some sort of meat (e.g. sausage), some sort of roasted potato (from frozen)
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; 2 soups, small salad/vegetable offering (e.g. potato salad, kale and cranberry salad, edamame beans), margarita pizza (starting at 11:30), cookies, fruit
Dinner: x:xx PM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings
Outside meal times: tortillas, salsa, cookies, soups. PHOTOS
Alcohol available: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM/AM

YYZ Transborder
Breakfast: x:xx AM - y:yy AM; quick description of food offerings
Lunch: x:xx AM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings
Outside meal times: quick description of food offerings

YYZ International
Breakfast: x:xx AM - y:yy AM; quick description of food offerings
Lunch: x:xx AM - y:yy PM; See this post for photos https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30073984-post2600.html Note that the last photos posted for this MLL were Aug 2018

YVR Domestic
Breakfast: 07:00 AM - 9:30 AM; (as of July 2018), sausages, scrambled eggs, potato cakes, oatmeal, yogurts, bananas, bread, jam etc
Lunch: 11:00 AM - 2:00?? PM; pizza (limited time, usually replenished no more than twice), salads (chips are pulled) ended ~2pm today, but seems abnormal -eb 2018Jun20
Dinner:6:00 PM - 6:45 PM; macaron with crushed tomato sauce, sprinkled lightly with shredded white cheese and a few basil leaves
Outside meal times: tortillas, salsa of hummus (not both at same time), cookies; pretzels from 3:00 PM until 4:30 PM
Alcohol available: 11:00 AM - at least 10:00 PM

YVR Transborder
Breakfast: ??:?? AM - ??:?? AM; quick description of food offerings
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings

YVR International
Breakfast: ??:?? AM - 10:30 AM; (as of March 2018), oatmeal, scrambled eggs, cantaloupe, croissant/danish. PHOTOS and more PHOTOS
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; similar to YUL international, salads, veggies, hot pasta dish
Outside meal times: PHOTOS from pre-late night departures

YUL Domestic
Breakfast: x:xx PM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings
Alcohol available: ??:?? - y:yy PM/AM

YUL Transborder
Dinner: x:xx PM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings. PHOTOS of pasta

YUL International
Lunch: 11:15 AM - y:yy PM; pizza, 3 different salads, raw veggies plus around 11:30, chef was making pasta with garlic and shrimp
Outside meal times: tortilla chips, salsa, guacamole, cookies, fruit salad, other salads, soups. PHOTOS

YYC
Breakfast: ??:?? AM - ??:?? AM; muffins, fruit, yogurt, toast (with various spreads)
Lunch: ~11:30 AM - 1:30 PM; pizza, soup, chilli; Mon beef roast + sides
Dinner: ~4:30 PM - 6:30 PM; skillit, veggies, rice, Chilli, soup
Outside meal times: ???

LAX
Breakfast: 05:15 AM - 10:30 AM; (as of March 2018) oatmeal, cold hard boiled eggs, yogurt, bread, jam etc
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; 2 soups, small salad/vegetable offering (potato salad, kale and cranberry salad, edamame beans), nachos, salsa, sour cream, cookies, fruit
Outside meal times: tortillas, salsa, cookies, soups.
Alcohol available: 6:00 AM - 9:30 PM

etc...
Print Wikipost

AC lounge food

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2017, 5:31 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by eigenvector
Weird, ANA, Cathay, SQ, Lufthansa, Swiss, Turkish, Qantas, NZ, LAN, Delta - to name a few - all manage to have meal options in their international hub lounges.
EXAAAAACTLY.

I was actually thinking about that while in the SQ @ HKG yesterday.
I was thinking about it in the SQ and TG @ HKG last week and the week before that.
I was thinking about it in the UA Club and the ANA @ NRT a few weeks before that.

Their offerings are a pretty simple blend of a couple of hot dishes, various cold veggies/salads, desserts and at least in the case of SQ and TG, some unique regional dishes.

And, in the case of the *A lounges at HKG, these are not their home lounges.

Obviously someone, somewhere at AC has an idea of sorts about how they define their MLLs, what they think their offerings should be - aside from the liquor, which I don't consider a food group.

I have no idea if the plan is/was indeed to dumb down the offerings in the dom and TB MLLs while attempting to improve the offerings in the Canadian-based "international" MLLs. Clearly AC is able to offer better quality and variety at CDG and FRA.

AC is busy focusing on pulling in all those Americans and others to fly international routes through YUL/YYZ/YVR/YYC..

AC has an opportunity to showcase itself and perhaps some more interesting dishes than the mountain of sodium-laced offerings.

Last edited by 24left; Feb 17, 2017 at 5:37 am
Old Feb 17, 2017, 9:24 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
[QUOTE=24left;27921354]EXAAAAACTLY.

I was actually thinking about that while in the SQ @ HKG yesterday.
I was thinking about it in the SQ and TG @ HKG last week and the week before that.
I was thinking about it in the UA Club and the ANA @ NRT a few weeks before that.

Their offerings are a pretty simple blend of a couple of hot dishes, various cold veggies/salads, desserts and at least in the case of SQ and TG, some unique regional dishes.

And, in the case of the *A lounges at HKG, these are not their home lounges.

Obviously someone, somewhere at AC has an idea of sorts about how they define their MLLs, what they think their offerings should be - aside from the liquor, which I don't consider a food group.

I have no idea if the plan is/was indeed to dumb down the offerings in the dom and TB MLLs while attempting to improve the offerings in the Canadian-based "international" MLLs. Clearly AC is able to offer better quality and variety at CDG and FRA.

Agree. Add LHR to your list.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 12:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 24left
It was Tuesday Feb 7. I was there between 5-9pm.
So before they revamped the MLL food.

The only MLL I've been to since the 9th is YYZ TB, and it went from "never any hot food" to "hot food when I was there".
Old Feb 17, 2017, 2:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
So, let's recap the score at the top of the inning:

Feb 15:

Originally Posted by PhotoSmurf
I will be visiting the YVR domestic MLL (around 8:00 pm) next month.

What hot food offerings (if any) can I expect?

Re YVR domestic at 8pm...
I posted comments upthread of what is available, but perhaps you did't see them

There are 2 soups and penne pasta around 7pm but as I recall from last week, they were gone by 8.

So if you want either of those, go early or you'll have some veggies, salty stupid and cookies
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Was that before or after the alleged food changes from Thursday?

Feb 17

It was Tuesday Feb 7. I was there between 5-9pm.

Originally Posted by canadiancow
So before they revamped the MLL food.

The only MLL I've been to since the 9th is YYZ TB, and it went from "never any hot food" to "hot food when I was there".

Here's the thing. AC has been playing endless rounds of Musical MLL Foods (Domestic & TB Edition) for the better part of the past 2 years. There have been times of plenty and times of sodium and it's seems like there is no defined strategy or someone in charge is throwing idea darts at the wall.

The net result is that some 'guests" come to the MLLs and consume the sodium and sugar, others drink, others work, while others go elsewhere.

In the end, AC saves money.

It doesn't matter to me why these decisions are made, but it would be nice if Air Canada was more CONSISTENT.

P.S. This is the current description on the AC website:

Complimentary light snacks and beverages

Enjoy a selection refreshing beverages, such as juice, soda, tea, coffee and specialty coffees - including espresso, cappuccino and latte. Also enjoy a selection of beer, wine, spirits and delicious snacks.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...f-lounges.html
Old Feb 17, 2017, 3:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive Club, Asia Miles
It doesn't matter to me why these decisions are made, but it would be nice if Air Canada was more CONSISTENT.
I agree - even if it means that not all lounger as equal. Why doesn't Air Canada adopt FLAGSHIP lounges? i.e. YVR International/YYZ TB (just examples) so that you KNOW in these lounges you can expect hot food, showers, premium drinks etc.. Then on the other hand when I am visiting YQR I can expect chips and salsa and be ok with it.

Assuming they picked the right lounges to become flagship ones would also help boost AC's brand worldwide.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 7:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by stevescott1983
I agree - even if it means that not all lounger as equal. Why doesn't Air Canada adopt FLAGSHIP lounges? i.e. YVR International/YYZ TB (just examples) so that you KNOW in these lounges you can expect hot food, showers, premium drinks etc.. Then on the other hand when I am visiting YQR I can expect chips and salsa and be ok with it.

Assuming they picked the right lounges to become flagship ones would also help boost AC's brand worldwide.
Completely agree with you and 24L. The inconsistency is frustrating. Never know what to expect.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 6:45 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE100KMM, IHG Spire
Food in YYC MLL

I had reason to complain about the removal of cooked omelets for breakfast in the YYC MLL. I don't know if they've reappeared however I've just enjoyed a nice chicken Teriyaki, freshly prepared, at dinner time. I don't know if this has always been available as I don't normally pass through the YYC MLL at this time but kudos to AC.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 9:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Veggie pizza has been spotted at YYZ dom as of late. Very good cooked to order stir fry in YUL Int'l (bang up job on the decoration but don't see the reason for the bartender given self serve is right around the corner).
Old Feb 22, 2017, 9:55 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive Club, Asia Miles
Originally Posted by Isotopist
I had reason to complain about the removal of cooked omelets for breakfast in the YYC MLL. I don't know if they've reappeared however I've just enjoyed a nice chicken Teriyaki, freshly prepared, at dinner time. I don't know if this has always been available as I don't normally pass through the YYC MLL at this time but kudos to AC.
I was in there at 20:45 and there was soup, salsa/chips and pickles.

Seems like it is a timing thing....however that brings it back to the consistency thing. If they are making chicken teriyaki would it kill them to keep making it for another hour?
Old Feb 22, 2017, 11:59 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
TB YYZ had 2 soups + mac and cheese tonight at 645pm, but the soups were gone when I took a quick glance at 8:15pm. Did not notice if the mac and cheese was still out.

I thought the chicken noodle soup was pretty good.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 2:07 am

Last night, in the new YUL intl MLL

2 types of mac'n cheese (texmex and double smoked cheddar), butter chicken(good but lukewarm) maple chicken, chick pea curry, 2 types of salad (one tomato and cucumber, one with shrimp created by hawksworth) and the usual veggies, salsa hummus and chips.

Also available is a chef making fresh asian noodles and panninis
Old Feb 23, 2017, 10:59 am

Had the macaroni and cheese a couple of evenings ago in the YUL domestic MLL. It was okay, but was greatly improved by adding salt and Tabasco from the drink station.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 11:04 am

Oh yeah, and they also had a couscous salad, tortilla chips, salsa, and both regular and spicy hummus.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by WestAust
Last night, in the new YUL intl MLL

2 types of mac'n cheese (texmex and double smoked cheddar), butter chicken(good but lukewarm) maple chicken, chick pea curry, 2 types of salad (one tomato and cucumber, one with shrimp created by hawksworth) and the usual veggies, salsa hummus and chips.

Also available is a chef making fresh asian noodles and panninis
maple chicken, that might actually be a "very Canadian" dish!
Old Feb 24, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Isotopist
International MLL's generally have much better offerings than the domestic MLL. YYC is a bit of a hybrid, as it acts as a lounge for the International flights.

The nicer food at YYC is timed around the International flights. The hot food in the evening is typically out at 5 PM for the LHR/FRA flights and is usually around until it runs out, often about 6:30 or 7. There's often something decent like pizza around Noon-1 PM before the flight to NRT departs. While they seem to be targeted towards International customers, it's a nice spread for domestic customers that happen to be there during those times.

Outside of these two timeslots, it seems to be the standard domestic offering at YYC - soup/salad/pickles/tortilla chips in the afternoon/evenings, and continental breakfast in the AM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.