Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2014, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Q Shoe Guy
It is important that Air Canada has a clean and safe environment for their staff and passengers ! Please help Air Canada by posting your photos of dirty seating and cabin environments !

Post flight number !
Post seat number !
Fin number (aircraft number)!
Print Wikipost

Dirty aircraft

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2015, 6:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Allvest
In any case, they run a public transportation system. Even MacDonalds can keep their restaurants reasonably clean.
I wouldn't go that far...I know of many who used work work in McD's when I was in high school, they're not dirty, but they certainly are NOT clean either!!
Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:54 am

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
AC 15 .. YYZ-HKG on April 19. no, I didnt taste it to see what vintage it was.

Old Apr 20, 2015, 3:05 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Ugh, I had a pax spill his wine all over the cabin one.

It was a mess.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:55 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Club Accor Gold
This is probably very OCD of me, but doesn't everybody travel with hand sanitizer (or even better, hand sanitizer wipes? Or is it just me?

Seriously; even if the groomers sterilized every tray table, it then gets folded back up where it was before, and any filth that was transferred to the seat back/arm rest compartment gets transferred right back.

On the other hand, hair/crumbs/earplugs left on surfaces are disgusting.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 1:41 pm

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
i dont use hand sanitisers or any other anti bacterial products.. boosts my immune system. if u need to wipe surfaces, I suggest normal wipes.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 2:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by islandcub1
This is probably very OCD of me, but doesn't everybody travel with hand sanitizer (or even better, hand sanitizer wipes? Or is it just me?

Seriously; even if the groomers sterilized every tray table, it then gets folded back up where it was before, and any filth that was transferred to the seat back/arm rest compartment gets transferred right back.

On the other hand, hair/crumbs/earplugs left on surfaces are disgusting.
Don't worry. I travel with hand sanitizers and wipes. Let the flaming begin!

Originally Posted by karachi
i dont use hand sanitisers or any other anti bacterial products.. boosts my immune system. if u need to wipe surfaces, I suggest normal wipes.
Yeah, or it gets you sick.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 3:19 pm

Programs: *$ Green
i dont use hand sanitisers or any other anti bacterial products.. boosts my immune system. [...]
Some might think this guy is crazy, but he has a good point.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I bring sanitary wetnaps with me, but only use them sparingly... mainly when I really, really, really need to use one.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 2:21 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Disgustingly dirty

Embraer 190 Fin C345 AC113 Apr15 in Biz

Beside 1A Food paper and grime

Beside 2A Various nuts, gum, moldy food and grime

Tray table 2A before I wiped it and after

Yuck

Last edited by bingocallerb22; Apr 30, 2015 at 2:58 am
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:51 am
Formerly known as jsfrSuperElite

Programs: Air Canada SE100K-1MM, Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
AC 15 .. YYZ-HKG on April 19. no, I didnt taste it to see what vintage it was.

This is where Air Canada really needs to improve. On a 15 hour flight like AC 015, this is not good, nor should it be acceptable. You wouldn't find this on a CX business class aircraft.

I came back on Tuesday on AC 064 in the 787, the seats were cleaned and the service was good, but the interior windows were really dirty with lots of fingers marks and some liquid splash... I have noticed this on a few Air Canada aircrafts lately, am I the only one noticing this?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 12:27 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
They should 100% clean that, but who is the filth monger passenger who dumps a glass of wine all over the wall, then just sits there next to it? That's something the groomers should catch, it's pretty obvious but MAYBE at the right angle you'd miss it, they do spend extra time usually in business, but ultimately they get very little time to clean the whole aircraft.

I took a hot towel recently and wiped the window cover cuz it was black. I handed it back to the FA, she made a bit of a face and I thought she was mad that I sullied the towel or something. I think she was more embarrassed that I noticed, but how could you not? I wouldn't see the dirt inside the seat belt buckle, but if the tray table is sticky, the window is filthy those are all obvious. To me THAT's the type of stuff that's unacceptable.

That ERJ a few posts above I think was the same one I just mentioned with the hot towel. I was in 2A on that plane and this is EXACTLY what 1A looked like. Just a mountain of filth next to the seat. Not sure how that much stuff gets down there but it was kinda gross.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by drvannostren
They should 100% clean that, but who is the filth monger passenger who dumps a glass of wine all over the wall, then just sits there next to it? That's something the groomers should catch, it's pretty obvious but MAYBE at the right angle you'd miss it, they do spend extra time usually in business, but ultimately they get very little time to clean the whole aircraft.

I took a hot towel recently and wiped the window cover cuz it was black. I handed it back to the FA, she made a bit of a face and I thought she was mad that I sullied the towel or something. I think she was more embarrassed that I noticed, but how could you not? I wouldn't see the dirt inside the seat belt buckle, but if the tray table is sticky, the window is filthy those are all obvious. To me THAT's the type of stuff that's unacceptable.

That ERJ a few posts above I think was the same one I just mentioned with the hot towel. I was in 2A on that plane and this is EXACTLY what 1A looked like. Just a mountain of filth next to the seat. Not sure how that much stuff gets down there but it was kinda gross.
Yeah, about the seatbelt. No big deal I guess except I have yet to figure to how to adjust and fasten my seat belt without using my hands, just like the 100 people buckling up before me, some of them sick.

My trip was aabout 30 days ago and recently you are seeing the same? Wow. Maybe AC needs to hand out disposable gloves on this plane if they cannot find a way to clean it?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 2:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
Yeah, about the seatbelt. No big deal I guess except I have yet to figure to how to adjust and fasten my seat belt without using my hands, just like the 100 people buckling up before me, some of them sick.

My trip was aabout 30 days ago and recently you are seeing the same? Wow. Maybe AC needs to hand out disposable gloves on this plane if they cannot find a way to clean it?

I posted this way up thread, back in Dec.

Originally Posted by 24left

These are my friends and travel partners - and they never complain

Old Apr 30, 2015, 3:54 pm

Super. So I can expect AC will be handing these out when I board so I can clean my area? And a small hand vacuum too to get to those hard-to-get places.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 4:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
The last time I had a pack of those in my bag, something unrelated made the xray operator want an inspection.

So they opened my bag, looked around, and swabbed it.

That's when I learned what happens when those swab machines detect explosives. They are loud. Instead of having time for a drink and a bit of relaxation in the lounge, I had to go through the full body scan, pat down, and fill out a ton of paperwork.

I have never carried those wipes since

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.