Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Giftmassive Giveaway, Free Promo Codes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Giftmassive Giveaway, Free Promo Codes

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2014, 6:50 pm
alc

Originally Posted by hydrogen
As per T&C: "Travel does not qualify for Aeroplan mileage accumulation or for mileage accumulation in any other frequent flyer program."

Does that refer to discount code travel or travel prizes or both?
it is under the heading of "Additional Terms and Conditions with respect to air transportation Prizes and travel", so I think it is the Free Flight... I hope.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by alc
it is under the heading of "Additional Terms and Conditions with respect to air transportation Prizes and travel", so I think it is the Free Flight... I hope.
It seems pretty ambiguous to me...

Doesn't specify if it refers to air transportation prizes and travel or both air transportation prizes and travel.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 7:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
20%. I can't see myself booking Tango anytime soon though.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 7:30 pm
m.y

Programs: AC 75k, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hydrogen
As per T&C: "Travel does not qualify for Aeroplan mileage accumulation or for mileage accumulation in any other frequent flyer program."

Does that refer to discount code travel or travel prizes or both?
So even if you win the grand prize, there is no escaping from the scam charges.

"Air transportation Prize winners are responsible for all fuel, insurance, surcharges, taxes, fees and other applicable charges with a credit card at time of booking. "
Old Dec 12, 2014, 7:34 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
FML 15%
Old Dec 12, 2014, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Thanks for this.

I got 15% off.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 8:26 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
You can play it everyday people so you are pretty much guaranteed a 20%, if not from from someone else here who has no desire for 20% off a tango or gets multiple.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 8:32 pm

I've got a 20% someone can have if they want it, just PM me.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
15% for me.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 8:38 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
So I got 10%, and tried booking to Chennai (MAA), and it gives me an error. When I check the valid destinations, Chennai is in the list. What gives?
Old Dec 12, 2014, 8:55 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
I have like 5 15% off codes
Old Dec 12, 2014, 9:00 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
I got 15, 15, 10, 10, 10.

I'm gonna keep playing I usually DO book tango, cuz if it's on my own dime I'm much more conscious of price, but I'm really bummed to see you can't earn any miles. What gives?

It makes no sense to give 10% off then strip the miles off a fare that already hardly accrues any. My best guess is this is just a quick money saving remark in the T/C that bails them out of giving away miles to people who likely won't care when they find out.

I was all set to try for the 20% (knowing the "free flights" are realistically probably few and far between) plus a $400 voucher and grab myself a flight to BOG, snag 4-6 segments and some miles...now not so much .

EDIT: Upon further review, I looked around and never found the comment about mileage...can someone direct me to it?

Last edited by drvannostren; Dec 12, 2014 at 9:11 pm
Old Dec 12, 2014, 9:23 pm

For the mileage comment take a look at: https://giftmassive.aircanada.com/rules I don't think it is meant for the discount codes, sounds like it's more geared towards the free flights, but the wording is questionable.

Here' the odds for those interested:

1,000,066 - Total Prizes
1 - Grand Prize
500,000 - 10% discount codes
350,000 - 15% discount codes
150,000 - 20% discount codes
65 - pairs of Economy Class round-trip tickets
Old Dec 12, 2014, 9:24 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Looks like one of the 65 tickets is already gone as per another forum.

This promotion will end far before the anticipated days are over as too many are already abusing this to an extreme extent and it hasn't even been 24 hours.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 9:43 pm

The ticket 'win' on the other forum you are referring too is questionable as the person basically admitted to getting it through poorly written code. I took a quick look at the client side (javascript) code as well, and he is correct it is poorly written. Within about a minute I had the same form up, though I didn't submit it. I'm guessing (or at least hoping) from what I saw that Air Canada is tying the initial submission to the ticket win as well as the submit of this form to prevent cheating like was indicated in that forum... but you never know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.