Old Dec 2, 2014, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
As of 2nd Dec. 2014 you can now request eUpgrades to Premium Economy on eligible flights operated by Air Canada, as well as to the Premium rouge cabin on eligible Air Canada rouge flights. To request an upgrade, simply log in to your eUpgrade account and select to which cabin youd like to upgrade to, or speak with an Air Canada reservation or airport agent.

Note that should you wish to upgrade one segment of an itinerary into Business Class, and another segment into Premium Economy, you will need to make two separate upgrade requests and the requirements for these two requests will be assessed separately.

For eUpgrade requests into Business Class, you will also now have the ability to sit in the Premium Economy cabin, depending on availability, should your original request for an upgrade to Business Class not clear at time of departure.

Add-ons will not apply for eUpgrades into Premium Economy.

For more information, including credit requirements, visit http://www.aircanada.com/en/news/141202.html
Print Wikipost

New upgrades to Premium Economy

Old Dec 2, 2014, 6:05 am
No longer with Air Canada
Original Poster

Hello everyone,

As of this morning you can now request eUpgrades to Premium Economy on eligible flights operated by Air Canada, as well as to the Premium rouge cabin on eligible Air Canada rouge flights. To request an upgrade, simply log in to your eUpgrade account and select to which cabin youd like to upgrade to, or speak with an Air Canada reservation or airport agent.

Note that should you wish to upgrade one segment of an itinerary into Business Class, and another segment into Premium Economy, you will need to make two separate upgrade requests and the requirements for these two requests will be assessed separately.

For eUpgrade requests into Business Class, you will also now have the ability to sit in the Premium Economy cabin, depending on availability, should your original request for an upgrade to Business Class not clear at time of departure.

Add-ons will not apply for eUpgrades into Premium Economy.

For more information, including credit requirements, visit http://www.aircanada.com/en/news/141202.html

Last edited by tcook052; Dec 2, 2014 at 11:36 pm
Old Dec 2, 2014, 6:05 am
Suspended

New upgrades to Premium Economy

The main tables haven't been updated, but looking up by itinerary comes up with:

Upgrade to Premium Economy: Asia
Fare NameBooking classNumber of eUpgrade Credits required to upgrade to Premium Economy (per passenger) Upgrade request
Latitude (B, Y)7 Anytime
Flex (M, U)10 Within 7 days
Flex (H, Q, V)13 Within 7 days

Europe

Upgrade to Premium Economy:
Fare NameBooking classNumber of eUpgrade Credits required to upgrade to Premium Economy (per passenger) Upgrade request
Latitude (Y, B)6 Anytime
Flex (U, M)8 Within 7 days
Flex (V, Q, H)11 Within 7 days
Old Dec 2, 2014, 6:33 am

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Does it include Rouge to Premium Rouge or just mainline Y to mainline PE?
Old Dec 2, 2014, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
So for me (and most of the rest of you) it would "cost" a higher percentage of my annual number of eUpgrades received to upgrade from Y to PE in 2015 than from Y to J in 2014.

Feelin' the love.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ouch !
Old Dec 2, 2014, 6:54 am

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Originally Posted by The Lev
So for me (and most of the rest of you) it would "cost" a higher percentage of my annual number of eUpgrades received to upgrade from Y to PE in 2015 than from Y to J in 2014.

Feelin' the love.
As I read it, Y to PE will be less than Y to J in 2014.

Finally we have some good news. Most of us will not have enough E-ups to get into J but PE will have to work. The new reality!
Old Dec 2, 2014, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With fares and routes I am on, I feel that I personally will be OK in 2015.

When Mrs.acysb87 travels with me,that's where it will become problematic with e-credits availability.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 7:14 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by 100,000miler

Yeah - but The Lev was talking in percentage terms
Old Dec 2, 2014, 7:14 am

Programs: AC SE
What about co-pay?
Old Dec 2, 2014, 7:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by The Lev

Feelin' the love.
What makes you think they won't raise the requirements as of March 1?
Old Dec 2, 2014, 7:29 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by 100,000miler

Finally we have some good news. Most of us will not have enough E-ups to get into J but PE will have to work. The new reality!
Then AC has successfully convinced somebody that this is good news when it isn't. You must be forgetting you will earn 50% less eUps next year too. So the requirements, adjusted for inflation and in current eUps "dollars" , are more like 14, 20, and 26 for Asia and 12, 16, and 22 for Europe.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 7:39 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
The absolute worst redemption values given that PE often isn't very much more expensive than Flex to begin with... If this doesn't come with co-pay I guess it's the only option for non-SEs though.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 7:57 am

Programs: AC E75K *G
First step: introduce PE to J upgrades. Yay!

Second step: introduce Y to PE upgrades. Yay!

Third step: eliminate Y to J upgrades. oops!
Old Dec 2, 2014, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by ridefar
Then AC has successfully convinced somebody that this is good news when it isn't. You must be forgetting you will earn 50% less eUps next year too. So the requirements, adjusted for inflation and in current eUps "dollars" , are more like 14, 20, and 26 for Asia and 12, 16, and 22 for Europe.
That's the general idea.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 10:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by zorn
First step: introduce PE to J upgrades. Yay!

Second step: introduce Y to PE upgrades. Yay!

Third step: eliminate Y to J upgrades. oops!
I don't see that happening as long as all the US airlines have Y to J upgrades.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.