Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Altitute Community

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by LockheedElectra
I've actually booked a bunch of business class fares, as they were less than AC Flex. Crazy.

I have 2 different DL J tickets to 2 different destinations in Florida, each of which also cost the LESS than Flex on AC on the same days. (Bonus: key lime cookies at the DL Sky Club in ATL)
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:18 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K 1MM, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Originally Posted by 24left
I have 2 different DL J tickets to 2 different destinations in Florida, each of which also cost the LESS than Flex on AC on the same days. (Bonus: key lime cookies at the DL Sky Club in ATL)
Right? Just booked a return to ATL next week. Last second so it was $1220 CDN (Z was $1400), but AC flex was $1300 ad change. Got my upgrades immediately both ways, so didn't bother with Z. Hope AC is reading this, they have messed up big time. I didn't even wait until March to switch, as I want Diamond in 2016. Close to getting my platinum challenge done as well.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by LockheedElectra
Right? Just booked a return to ATL next week. Last second so it was $1220 CDN (Z was $1400), but AC flex was $1300 ad change. Got my upgrades immediately both ways, so didn't bother with Z. Hope AC is reading this, they have messed up big time. I didn't even wait until March to switch, as I want Diamond in 2016. Close to getting my platinum challenge done as well.
From what I have gathered, you are much more of an important person to AC than I am, but damn, they pissed you off for sure. I don't see how this is good business for AC
Old Nov 26, 2014, 5:09 am

Programs: AC*SE,MM
Really? AC are insane to believe that they don't have to worry that much about DL in J being cheaper than AC in Y, when DL in J requires changing planes in ATL?

This is being posted over and over again and it's boring. This is not obviously true. I would go to great lengths, including switching to Y, to take a nonstop an avoid an ATL or an ORD, and I think a lot of people share that preference. My time is more valuable than that, and I have just had too many epic misconnection nightmares in the big US hubs.

To each his own. I get why this could work for many people, perhaps a significant minority. But enough, it's an alternative with different cost/benefit, not so obviously better that it's worth hijacking every thread with it.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 6:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ensco
Really? AC are insane to believe that they don't have to worry that much about DL in J being cheaper than AC in Y, when DL in J requires changing planes in ATL?

This is being posted over and over again and it's boring. This is not obviously true. I would go to great lengths, including switching to Y, to take a nonstop an avoid an ATL or an ORD, and I think a lot of people share that preference. My time is more valuable than that, and I have just had too many epic misconnection nightmares in the big US hubs.

To each his own. I get why this could work for many people, perhaps a significant minority. But enough, it's an alternative with different cost/benefit, not so obviously better that it's worth hijacking every thread with it.

ensco -
Regardless of whether the example of flying DL instead of AC is posted here in response to something, or whether it is posted elsewhere, do not make the assumption that we are all looking for cheaper tickets or that we all enjoy changing planes when a direct flight may be available.

I cannot speak for the type of business flying that LockheedElectra needs to do, but I will say this about mine:

To achieve SE100K this year, I flew 100% AC metal - not just to YVR, LAX and SFO, but also to TLV, HND and elsewhere, where I could have easily gotten lower fares with connections, if that was all that mattered. And I certainly know I paid more to fly AC and that is fine.

No, I do not want a prize.

Florida is the specific example that matters to me. We go often. We have spent a few years flying AC to some of our Florida destinations. But as I noted, we were not happy with our rouge experience and most importantly - Air Canada does not serve some of our routes off-season.

So, apologies to you if you think I am hijacking a thread.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 6:31 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by yvr76
After my own mourning period with the 2015 announcements I came to the realization that this is the point. If they are giving you more than $12k in value for what you spend, then it doesn't make much sense for them does it? 10 years ago, AC Top Tier was a con, only AC was the one getting conned. They probably just didn't have the data mining capability to figure out how to fix it.
What if the $12k in value only costs them $6k? Or even $10k?

I think that the actual cost of the "value" they are providing is substantially less than what we pay for it. Thus the "con". And I think that holds true for the SE who flies paid J primarily on international routes, as much as it holds true for the SE who flies M & B fares domestically.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 6:59 am

I really don't find it that bad connecting in ATL as most of them are very short, and if you are going to SAN LAS, MSY or other places I have to be, it is worth it. I'll get off my soap box, but i think it is important for AC to know where they stand as well as other FFs. DL wasn't always like this so it's a pleasant surprise. This was a pretty fantastic thread, didn't mean to hijack it
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
not so obviously better that it's worth hijacking every thread with it.
Bit too much, no? People are on here to provide their opinions, a blanket statement like "hijacking every thread with it" is a bit much. No?
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:54 am

Starwood is building their's using Facebook:

https://social.starwoodhotels.com/ac...?returnUrl=%2f
Old Nov 26, 2014, 8:13 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
Starwood is building their's using Facebook:

https://social.starwoodhotels.com/ac...?returnUrl=%2f
Weird, I missed that announcement....
Old Nov 27, 2014, 9:42 am

Programs: Super Elite 100K
New badge

Here's the badge this whole program should earn.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 10:02 am

Programs: Super Elite 100K
Another...

This is the badge you earn when you've asked your one-millionth question about why the IT is so bad at AC. Alas, it earns no actual miles, as that would quickly bankrupt the whole shebang...

Old Nov 27, 2014, 10:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by willflyforfood

Here's the badge this whole program should earn.

I want one!!!!
Old Nov 28, 2014, 12:40 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Altitude Community being promoted on Twitter

Saw this on my twitter feed not too long ago, I wonder how much of a spike in sign-ups/lists there will really be?

Old Nov 28, 2014, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by willflyforfood
This is the badge you earn when you've asked your one-millionth question about why the IT is so bad at AC. Alas, it earns no actual miles, as that would quickly bankrupt the whole shebang...

lol, Shebang is a great word.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.