The Altitute Community

Old Nov 25, 2014, 6:58 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I wonder what happens when you lose status. Do you get booted out?
Old Nov 25, 2014, 6:59 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)
Originally Posted by yvr76
I wonder what happens when you lose status. Do you get booted out?
Good question. And also, by contributing to this community they say you "gain altitude" - does that mean I might be able to social media my way up to SE?
Old Nov 25, 2014, 7:00 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
What a silly idea. Will only participate if they give me miles or some other incentive. Otherwise, right to the spam bucket we go.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 7:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by capebretonboy
Good question. And also, by contributing to this community they say you "gain altitude" - does that mean I might be able to social media my way up to SE?
I see badges to gain aeroplan points. To your point, are there any badges which result in earning AQM?
Old Nov 25, 2014, 7:38 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)
Originally Posted by ridefar
The only reason I haven't done a full public analysis and deconstruction of the rip-off that AC and Altitude are is that I suspect it would do more damage to the FF community and the FT community than it would "fix" anything at AC.
I think you should start a new thread and present this analysis. I would be curious to see it. I believe you've provided a bit of the basic math for your $12K additional spend figure for SE based on domestic travel, but I can't quite remember the math.

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
I see badges to gain aeroplan points. To your point, are there any badges which result in earning AQM?
That would be cool! Or some eups! Anything to lessen the blow of the most recent round of devaluations.

Last edited by tcook052; Nov 25, 2014 at 9:27 pm
Old Nov 25, 2014, 7:50 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
Taking bets: What day does it shut down?

Mine: Feb. 16, 2016. It will have money for one budget run, but the metrics will show it to be mostly a fail.
2016?!?!

My, you're getting soft in your old age.

I think it was stillborn.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 8:05 pm

Seen on Twitter (today, real tweet) from @chucksimdson: "@ACAltitude @AirCanada Did u know ur hotel book customer care # answer with a French only recording 1-800-845-0932 "

Seen once it is reposted on The Altitude Community: "@ACAltitude @AirCanada So awesome that ur hotel book customer care # answers in French. Luv u guys; #acrocks"

It is positively Orwellian.

(edited to add in the real tweet name)

Seen on Twitter today (real tweet) from @shinytricks: "@ACAltitude Hi guys - looking through my history, I saw that I got mileage for a Tango fare that I indeed booked Flex. How to fix?"

Seen on The Altitude Community, retweeted: "@ACAltitude Hi guys - I am so lucky that you gave me miles on my Tango fare. And I thought I booked Flex. I am just like a barbie! LOL! #mybad #acrocks"

(edited to add in the original tweet name for continuity)

Seen on Twitter today (real tweet): @gabelerman "I like that @ACAltitude invited me to their #Altitude Community. But don't they know it already exists, and it's called @FlyerTalk? #FT"

Retweeted on The Altitude Community : @gabelerman "@AcAltitude: I am so loving this new community. Um, can I get more badges for saying nice things? #BFF"

Seen on Twitter (real tweet) by @gzill47: "@ACAltitude I received the invite to join the beta #AltitudeCommunity but I can't register. It keeps asking for username though I gave one."

Retweeted on The Altitude Community: @gzill47 "@ACAltitude I can't register. Do you have that book Barbie Wants to be a Computer Engineer?"

Last edited by tcook052; Nov 25, 2014 at 9:26 pm
Old Nov 25, 2014, 8:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
Seen on Twitter today (real tweet): @gabelerman "I like that @ACAltitude invited me to their #Altitude Community. But don't they know it already exists, and it's called @FlyerTalk? #FT"

Retweeted on The Altitude Community : @gabelerman "@AcAltitude: I am so loving this new community. Um, can I get more badges for saying nice things? #BFF"
LOL.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 8:23 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
I'm not familiar with Twitter conversation formats, but it sounds like it's a self-congratulating circle chat?

And here I was excited yet again upon seeing an AC envelope in my mail box.

Being an optimist, I usually hope secretly that it's some sort of invite or a me-only freebie. So please stop sending golfing and fine wine magazine excerpts. I partake in neither activity.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 8:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Wish I could use my FT username.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:11 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Wish I could use my FT username.
Which one?
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:12 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by ridefar
They certainly did.

The only reason I haven't done a full public analysis and deconstruction of the rip-off that AC and Altitude are is that I suspect it would do more damage to the FF community and the FT community than it would "fix" anything at AC.

But I still haven't been able to get over the fact that they are charging a $12k premium to domestic FFers for SE status, and providing substantially less than $12k in value. It is a con, pure and simple. And that makes me mad!
After my own mourning period with the 2015 announcements I came to the realization that this is the point. If they are giving you more than $12k in value for what you spend, then it doesn't make much sense for them does it? 10 years ago, AC Top Tier was a con, only AC was the one getting conned. They probably just didn't have the data mining capability to figure out how to fix it.

If you're flying Latitude fares or flight passes and J fares you're still doing ok. If you're looking to buy only Flex fares and always upgrade to J on your international routes as SE, AC has made it clear they're not interested in you being an SE.

The end goal is for their high revenue FFs to be rewarded, but the house must always win. UA, DL and AA are realizing this as well and their own programs have started to evolve quickly in this direction.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by KenHamer
Which one?
Only one.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:57 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K 1MM, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Originally Posted by yvr76
After my own mourning period with the 2015 announcements I came to the realization that this is the point. If they are giving you more than $12k in value for what you spend, then it doesn't make much sense for them does it? 10 years ago, AC Top Tier was a con, only AC was the one getting conned. They probably just didn't have the data mining capability to figure out how to fix it.

If you're flying Latitude fares or flight passes and J fares you're still doing ok. If you're looking to buy only Flex fares and always upgrade to J on your international routes as SE, AC has made it clear they're not interested in you being an SE.

The end goal is for their high revenue FFs to be rewarded, but the house must always win. UA, DL and AA are realizing this as well and their own programs have started to evolve quickly in this direction.
Yes except at Delta I am considered a high revenue customer paying the same or less than I did with Flex on AC. Go figure. I've only been flying with them seriously again for a month, and they've already sent me an email with a deal because apparently I'm high revenue. I've actually booked a bunch of business class fares, as they were less than AC Flex. Crazy.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by LockheedElectra
Yes except at Delta I am considered a high revenue customer paying the same or less than I did with Flex on AC. Go figure. I've only been flying with them seriously again for a month, and they've already sent me an email with a deal because apparently I'm high revenue. I've actually booked a bunch of business class fares, as they were less than AC Flex. Crazy.
Seems like an airline that cares about loyalty.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.