Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bartender in MLL

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2014, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by YEGcg
I saw the YYC MLL bartender last week and was a little surprised, but assumed he was there to help with the flow of users, since it feels like there's literally no space to have a self serve area.

I was confused the bartenders presence and opted for a "safer" self serve coffee instead. I found a seat - man, was it cramped in there! - finished half if it and went to wait at the gate instead...there was more room on the DH3 than in the lounge!
So when will the renovations be done with ?
Old Dec 22, 2014, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
I do not believe that they sat down with the goal of upsetting FF's.
It never is a goal if one doesn't care.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Was in YYC MLL today and the renos appear to be complete. Still not crazy about the bartender, but oh well. The food selection seems to be pretty limited comparded to other MLL's (YVR, YYZ etc). It's almost as if YYC lounge has been Rouged....
Old Dec 22, 2014, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by OilyDuck
Was in YYC MLL today and the renos appear to be complete. Still not crazy about the bartender, but oh well. The food selection seems to be pretty limited comparded to other MLL's (YVR, YYZ etc). It's almost as if YYC lounge has been Rouged....
Not quite. Left side still needs to be redone.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 10:52 pm

Programs: Aeroplan ,Starwood,Priority Club,Amex Platinum,Airmiles,CIBC Gold
Will you be surprised when they start charging for drinks?
Only a matter of time.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 10:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by SamCat
Will you be surprised when they start charging for drinks?
Only a matter of time.

Not according to Ben. See post 143 on page 10
Old Dec 22, 2014, 11:30 pm

Programs: Yes, I belong.
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
So when will the renovations be done with ?
AC.com says September 2015.

If the timeline was determined by a project manager based in YUL or YYZ, then December 2015 or early 2016? If it's from a project manager based in AB, then October or November 2015 would be my guess.

Renovations in Alberta always take a little longer than anticipated.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by YEGcg
Renovations in Alberta always take a little longer than anticipated.
Maybe it will be faster now that some rig hands are becoming available
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:34 am

Programs: 35 K
Is MLL YYC a cash bar?

I am going through YYC today and connecting on Rouge so I would like to know if the new Bar in the YYC MLL is a cash bar.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Medhatter
I am going through YYC today and connecting on Rouge so I would like to know if the new Bar in the YYC MLL is a cash bar.
If you have access to the MLL then it's a cash bar for tips only

Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:41 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Silver
They don't accept tips and there is no charge for drinks. Some of them make very good espresso's.

If you are connecting to Rouge you are likely flying to the US. Be aware there is no MLL past US CBP.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:54 am

Thanks, I usually do not drink for flights but I did not want to seem stupid at the bar.
Also thanks for the heads up on the US side. I just went to SJO through IAH with my wife and we discovered there was no lounge when we got past customs. I have a 3 hour layover in YYC so I was going to the domestic lounge for an hour.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 2:44 pm

Boy what AC won't do to save money. Just got notification my flight is delayed so I will not have much time to go to the lounge.
Maybe I should not have posted about my intent.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 3:13 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Boy what AC won't do to save money. Just got notification my flight is delayed so I will not have much time to go to the lounge.
I disagree they have actually upgraded the YUL international lounge, doubling the space, adding a large free staffed bar downstairs but keeping the old self service bar upstairs. A staffed kitchen station downstairs making hot poutine, wraps and omlettes and the usual food service offerings upstairs but upgraded even a little bit.

It think the problem in YYC is that the airport is a disaster area, one they have sorted out a modern terminal I'm sure AC will provide MLL services to match.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 5:08 am

Programs: AC*SE
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.3442 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Originally Posted by gesmith10
I disagree they have actually upgraded the YUL international lounge, doubling the space, adding a large free staffed bar downstairs but keeping the old self service bar upstairs. A staffed kitchen station downstairs making hot poutine, wraps and omlettes and the usual food service offerings upstairs but upgraded even a little bit.

It think the problem in YYC is that the airport is a disaster area, one they have sorted out a modern terminal I'm sure AC will provide MLL services to match.
The YUL Int lounge looks greay - I tried to use it the other day (not realizing it was Int) and was sent away to the Dom one. The Dom one is far less exciting.

Anyway, no cash bars in MLLs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.