Search

Lost Luggage - advice ?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2014, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by 24left
Wow.
OK, I'm being a bit harsh - they DID find the bag (like 98% of bags are found), they DID provide a fairly generous "first needs" allowance.

However, it is obvious AC has a very real information flow/customer communication problem. "If anything happens we'll let you know" just doesn't cut it in this century, keeping pax informed does not present any insurmountable obstacles and would contribute tremendously to customer satisfaction.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 3:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by dand99
OK, I'm being a bit harsh - they DID find the bag (like 98% of bags are found), they DID provide a fairly generous "first needs" allowance.

However, it is obvious AC has a very real information flow/customer communication problem. "If anything happens we'll let you know" just doesn't cut it in this century, keeping pax informed does not present any insurmountable obstacles and would contribute tremendously to customer satisfaction.

I am more than 100% sure that many of us agree with you.

I asked the same question here and in other threads: how do other carriers manage to have apps that allow you to track your own bag, but AC does not?
Never got an answer.

If I thought it would matter, I'd get an RFID bag or device to go into the bag.

IMHO, The biggest problem here is non-existent, limited and not useful communication from the airline/staff/etc as to where the bag is.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

I just had to post this.

My file is now updated, the luggage is now "FORWARDING TO DELIVERY AIRPORT". The information below was added.

So, as usual, I am left asking:

1. Where the $%# is the luggage ? Is this a proposed itinerary, or has the luggage actually arrived ? In YYZ ? or in YEG ?
2. Is there an actual plan - is the luggage planned to be on an a specific flight (time and date ?)

The "baggage tracing" system looks a beta which draws directly from an existing database - with insufficient manipulation/addition of more data the resulting output is not helpful.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

NAME : x
TAG NO : x
NEW ROUTE : FO / 23N / EDMONTON INTERNATIONAL APT
BAG TYPE : Type 22: UPRIGHT DESIGN SOFT MATERIAL
COLOUR : TWO OR MORE SOLID COLORS EXCLUDING TRIM

PLEASE NOTE :
Flight dates shown are departure dates from the specific location(s). Forwarding details are subject to changes due to unforeseen circumstances such as: flight irregularities, security checks, etc.
Please be assured you will be contacted when the baggage has actually arrived, and we have verified it is yours.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 9:28 pm
Suspended

You wrote your routing was TLV-IST-CPH-YYZ

I'm a bit confused on why your bag would be going to YEG
Old Nov 24, 2014, 3:54 am
Original Poster

You wrote your routing was TLV-IST-CPH-YYZ

I'm a bit confused on why your bag would be going to YEG
My ticket is TLV-IST-CPH-YYZ-YEG. Luggage of course has to be picked up on entry into Canada (YYZ).
Old Nov 24, 2014, 5:38 am
Suspended

My ticket is TLV-IST-CPH-YYZ-YEG. Luggage of course has to be picked up on entry into Canada (YYZ).
I asked about YEG as I had re-read the whole thread and saw no previous mention.

That said.....
Old Nov 24, 2014, 9:07 am
Formerly known as tireman77

I find that VERY strange. Given the security, I expect that every piece must be on the same flight out of TLV with the pax.

I also find it strange that while some airlines have apps that allow you to track your own bags, others still have no clue where a bar-coded bag is. In 2014????
Passenger on board without luggage is not dangerous. Luggage on board without passenger... different story.

On your second point, different airports with different systems. Different airlines with different systems. Some airports still manually process luggage, others have state of the art digital tracing systems. I remember seeing a show on TV about Southwest at MCI not that long ago. They still had people manually sorting luggage into binds for different flights.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Epilogue

Hallelujah

Luggage arrived. And in once piece. And with little tags from AC saying "We're sorry your luggage was delayed".

The baggage tracer finally displayed something useful - tracking details for a courier service in Edmonton. Their website had details for what was happening to my luggage, they called me in the morning and had the luggage delivered to my new hotel before I had checked in.

Frustrating experience but ended well.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 12:56 pm
Suspended

Hallelujah

Luggage arrived. And in once piece. And with little tags from AC saying "We're sorry your luggage was delayed".

The baggage tracer finally displayed something useful - tracking details for a courier service in Edmonton. Their website had details for what was happening to my luggage, they called me in the morning and had the luggage delivered to my new hotel before I had checked in.

Frustrating experience but ended well.

GREAT NEWS.
(If only your luggage could tell you where it had been and if only it earned its own FF miles)
Old Nov 25, 2014, 4:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount
Being retired and only a leisure traveller these days I am glad I can travel with just a carry on backpack after reading this story ...
Old Nov 26, 2014, 8:32 am
Suspended

Not so much about lost luggage as it is about luggage going through the U.S. (and a comment about those bright orange Priority tags on bags)

In case you did not see this:

The secret life of your luggage in the U.S.A.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/11...-in-the-u-s-a/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.