Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Flying AC 29 YVR to PEK next Friday my first time on AC. What to expect?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2014, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Flying AC 29 YVR to PEK next Friday. My first time on AC. I understand there is a meal in coach on this flight, is that true and can you give me an idea what to expect?

Any other tips for a new AC flier?

Complete routing 21-November
SFO -YVR AC 1843
YVR -PEK AC29
Old Nov 15, 2014, 9:48 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
AC29 YVR-PEK meals

OP asked:

Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
Flying AC 29 YVR to PEK next Friday. My first time on AC. I understand there is a meal in coach on this flight, is that true and can you give me an idea what to expect?

SFO -YVR AC 1843
YVR -PEK AC29

In case anyone else had this question, I found this trip report with photos including meal and snack.
They started with Rouge in LAS and connected to AC 29 to PEK

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...d.main/255083/
Old Nov 17, 2014, 9:32 am
Flying Blue Director

SFO -YVR AC 1843
YVR -PEK AC29
There are two meal services on this flight in Y, along with a midflight snack.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Thanks Ben
Old Nov 18, 2014, 8:35 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
You'll be on Rouge coming up so unless you're small I would suggest paying for row 4 if possible. It's only a 2 hour flight though so that's not bad (there's no AVOD, but you can use an iPhone/iPad or a few other devices to stream entertainment).

As far as the PEK flight...expect to listen to a lot of announcements!

You'll get English, French and I think Mandarin, so it's a lot of chatter.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

The Rouge flight was ok. The seats are cramped, but I am small, and we were the only 2 in our row.

YVR is a great airport. I love how if you are on the international side you can only See Tim Hortons, but you can't actually go to it.

Boarding the flight in YVR seemed really quick to me. We got on, and go. Just my perception.

The AC flight 29 went by much faster than I expected. I stared out the window, and watched the moving map. I took pictures of Alaska, the international dateline, Siberia.

2 meals one about 90 minutes into the flight, one just about an hour before landing. I was starved by that point. I opted out of the cup of noodles. The food portions were small, but adequate. It was tasty as well, better than the cheeseburger I had from AW in the airport.

Service was good, I asked for and received full cans of club soda. Got to stay hydrated. I also was able to score an extra brownie from lunch.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 1:55 pm

YVR is a great airport. I love how if you are on the international side you can only See Tim Hortons, but you can't actually go to it.
There's another Tim Hortons you can get to... you just need to know where to find it

It's in the food court in the int'l terminal. Depending on the gate you left from, you may not have walked by and noticed it. It is in the same area as the huge fish tank.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE, golden circle diamond
AC029 is a decent flight... Still the 767, so the Y section isn't too bad, hit and miss on how full it is. If you are taking carryon, do yourself a favor and try and get in the boarding line early. The Chinese folks don't really adhere to the carry on rules to much and generally take up a lot of the o/h bin space.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.