Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Glitch / Error in AC award pricing - on the blogs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Glitch / Error in AC award pricing - on the blogs

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2015, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Then again, I would also have failsafes in place like "If flying an itinerary from including NA and Asia, and cost in F is under 100k miles roundtrip, throw an error."
I doubt many people booked Asia-South America for 30k in J for them to implement a special failsafe IF statement , and I was still denied an X->I move on TPE-HKG - until there was a schedule change on HKG-ADD, and then it was like, btw, can you fix the other segment.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 12:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by drvannostren
Worth noting, thanks folks.

I think AP probably could force this through, but that's only based on the way she said it. It really seemed like they just didn't want to, because I got a good deal. Whatever, in the end I still win in this situation and I've spent longer than 4:45 in Y before. First time ever I paid for Y+ though, $49 USD and it means I can be one of the first through customs. Exchange rate sucks but I'll see if the seat is worth it, I've never even thought about paying for one before at the prices they ask.
I'm assuming you didn't pay for Y+ on AC, right?

Originally Posted by rankourabu
I doubt many people booked Asia-South America for 30k in J for them to implement a special failsafe IF statement , and I was still denied an X->I move on TPE-HKG - until there was a schedule change on HKG-ADD, and then it was like, btw, can you fix the other segment.
This is a failsafe I would have implemented in the system to begin with, along with many others.

It's just hard to believe something like this can even happen
Old Mar 1, 2015, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's just hard to believe something like this can even happen
Twice....
Old Mar 1, 2015, 5:29 pm

My friend booked PVG-SIN-FCO r/t in SQ J for 30K, much better deal than ex-NA stopovers (which is 50K minimum)
Old Mar 1, 2015, 11:19 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
I'm assuming you didn't pay for Y+ on AC, right?
I assume you're joking, but no . Flying IAH-YYC on a fullish flight I didn't really wanna be the last one off the flight so I ponied up to UA for the first time and I'll try out Y+.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I assume you're joking, but no . Flying IAH-YYC on a fullish flight I didn't really wanna be the last one off the flight so I ponied up to UA for the first time and I'll try out Y+.
First, its not Y+, there is zero difference apart from the couple inches of legroom. So I dont know what you are trying out
Old Mar 2, 2015, 7:49 am

Twice....
a third time would be great!
Old Mar 2, 2015, 9:57 am

First, its not Y+, there is zero difference apart from the couple inches of legroom. So I dont know what you are trying out
It's not PY, but it is Y+
Old Mar 2, 2015, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's not PY, but it is Y+
And Y- is awful, at least from what I hear from AC elites as they make their walk of shame to Y- on UA

But havent they been giving out Y+ for free to AC elites?
I feel that cheapens the Y+ product
Old Mar 2, 2015, 12:33 pm

And Y- is awful, at least from what I hear from AC elites as they make their walk of shame to Y- on UA

But havent they been giving out Y+ for free to AC elites?
I feel that cheapens the Y+ product
I had a pretty good track record of getting E+ for free back when I flew United Y.

But a lot of those flights were full, so if the agent knows someone is going to get it free, why not give it to *G?

AC should do the same if the flight is full.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 3:57 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
E+ or Y+ same thing. I'm trying it out because I've never bothered to pay to sit up there. They advertise extra legroom and pitch so I don't consider it a fully separate product, but yea, there's something to try.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

E+ or Y+ same thing. I'm trying it out because I've never bothered to pay to sit up there. They advertise extra legroom and pitch so I don't consider it a fully separate product, but yea, there's something to try.
Its actually quite significant on the 737-700 31" vs 36"
Take row 7 or 21 if you can.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 1:37 pm

Flight change

Anybody got any luck with changes?Some plans changed and now my son who supposed to travel to Europe few weeks ahead of us will have to come same time with us.Unfortunately the YYZ -FRA leg booked on LH metal does not have any award availability.There are tons of other options onthat day I am wondering if change to another flight without extra miles.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 3:35 pm

Last edited by 1Newflyer; Mar 20, 2015 at 10:42 am
Old Mar 19, 2015, 3:49 pm

Programs: A3*G, OZ*G, OW Sapphire
not in this case...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.