Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Glitch / Error in AC award pricing - on the blogs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Glitch / Error in AC award pricing - on the blogs

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2014, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by claurianta2
Booking a multi-city flight at a clearly wrong rate after they've disabled the multi-city search would definitely merit a thorough investigation. Something similar happened with United a while back and they cancelled all the Mileage Plus accounts that booked flights with the wrong rate.
Just out of curiosity, what was the UA error back then?
Old Oct 31, 2014, 2:46 pm

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by agjil
Just out of curiosity, what was the UA error back then?
I'm assuming the 4 mile shenanigans.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 2:47 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Well, if you booked a multi-city online after they disabled the button, I would expect a thorough investigation.
If on the other hand you were just searching and didn't actually book anything, I don't think anything will happen.
We were told the new computer system they are putting in is law ...

Last edited by Pseudo Nim; Oct 31, 2014 at 3:33 pm
Old Oct 31, 2014, 2:48 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Booking a multi-city flight at a clearly wrong rate after they've disabled the multi-city search would definitely merit a thorough investigation. Something similar happened with United a while back and they cancelled all the Mileage Plus accounts that booked flights with the wrong rate.
http://www.flyertalk.com/the-gate/bl...-web-site.html

That's the incident that came to mind for me too. Although one could argue that in that case, there was a more active and deliberate attempt to fool United's website. Still risky business, though. Maybe not a good idea to do this if you have a 7-figure point balance!
Old Oct 31, 2014, 2:50 pm

If you never left the Aeroplan website and kept clicking, then you didn't need any hack of any kind. The multicity page stayed up forever. They removed the button, but the page was working for me just fine all along.

Last edited by Pseudo Nim; Oct 31, 2014 at 3:33 pm
Old Oct 31, 2014, 2:50 pm

Programs: AC: E50K, AP: dDiamond
Exactly true for me as well.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 2:56 pm

Programs: AC Irrelevant, IHG Platinum, Marriot Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis First
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
If you never left the Aeroplan website and kept clicking, then you didn't need any hack of any kind. The multicity page stayed up forever. They removed the button, but the page was working for me just fine all along, you just had to be careful not to click any of the radio buttons now.
Agreed!
Old Oct 31, 2014, 3:00 pm

Still unticketed for me, annoying. Booked in the morning
50K for 3 in J, YYZ-YUL-IST, IST-*-YYZ in 2015
It's quite a simple routing actually

I got the PNR, and screenshot saved
but now online it says
Status:Unticketed Ticket Issue Date:N/A Flight Reward Type:Not Found Reward Value :150,000 Total Taxes, fees & surcharges :N/A

at bottom says
AIRPORT TAXES, FEES & SURCHARGES
UNABLE TO CALCULATE AIRPORT TAXES, FEES & SURCHARGES ONLINE
Airport taxes, fees and surcharges for the destinations you selected will have to be calculated manually. Once you finish your booking, you will be instructed to call the Aeroplan Contact Centre in order to complete your reservation.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by jerryhung

but now online it says
Status:Unticketed Ticket Issue Date:N/A Flight Reward Type:Not Found Reward Value :150,000 Total Taxes, fees & surcharges :N/A

at bottom says
Maybe wait a while for batch to work?

Last edited by Pseudo Nim; Oct 31, 2014 at 3:34 pm
Old Oct 31, 2014, 3:11 pm

My screenshot clearly showed the total charged per person, to my CC

Can't really re-start now as I lost the multi-city button also
and YUL-IST 3xJ space is gone also on the date (=I got those J seats)
return IST-ORD 3xJ is also gone

so my fingers crossed on it eventually ticketed
unless AC/AE reads FT and find my account and block it, ha

Last edited by jerryhung; Oct 31, 2014 at 3:33 pm
Old Oct 31, 2014, 3:12 pm

Programs: AC: E50K, AP: dDiamond
Restart how? Presumably the space is gone, and the points are committed so would need to phone to cancel, and then the space may not return to inventory.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 3:17 pm

Programs: Enough
Originally Posted by jerryhung

but now online it says

at bottom says
I'm in the same position for a complex PNR. I think it's just for batch processing -- wait a couple days to see what happens.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 3:29 pm
WAS

Programs: National Parks Annual Pass
Good luck to those who booked. I love a deal as much as the next guy, but I would not touch this. Who knows, maybe you will even get to fly. But I would not be surprised if AC cancels the tickets. I don't know about Canada, but in many countries your contract with AC would be void simply because you must have known it was a mistake and you weren't acting in good faith when you entered into the contract. Again, good luck.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by WAS
Good luck to those who booked. I love a deal as much as the next guy, but I would not touch this. Who knows, maybe you will even get to fly. But I would not be surprised if AC cancels the tickets. I don't know about Canada, but in many countries your contract with AC would be void simply because you must have known it was a mistake and you weren't acting in good faith when you entered into the contract. Again, good luck.
It's hard to say

The previous 2011 (2012?) "Book Business class for same miles as Y (75K in J to Asia 1)" was unadvertised "sale/glitch" also, and everyone got it honored like daily business
Old Oct 31, 2014, 3:44 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by WAS
If anyone it would be Aeroplan that cancels the ticket. Air Canada won't -- presumably they are getting compensated whatever the contracted rate is with Aeroplan for issuing the ticket so they don't care (I wonder if they can even see how many points were deducted for the ticket if they wanted to -- probably not).

I do admit though I would feel a bit better if the first page had the incorrect price as well as the second. If so, I don't think AP would have any leg to stand on in cancelling the ticket. As it is, there is some argument, although my money is on AP not cancelling anything that has been plated (those in limbo are another story)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.