Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Transferring to AC flight in CDG from terminal 1 to 2A...should I worry?

Old Oct 28, 2014, 10:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan

Having a long trip back to and from Asia this December, and my return is BKK-CDG-YYZ. I land in Terminal 1 with Thai, and fly out almost 5 hours later from terminal 2A, and frankly, a little confused and nervous I'll waste two hours of my layover trying to find my way, at least based on this review.

I think I'll have to take the CDGVAL from terminal 1, but I also assume I have to go through passport control into France, take the train to 2A, pray I get there, get my boarding pass if I don't have them for AC, then go through passport control again, as well as security. Did he miss a spot, or is there a transfer between terminals that does not involve going through immigration?
Old Oct 29, 2014, 3:19 am

Programs: AC MM E50, AF Flying Blue
Originally Posted by TravellingBeard
Having a long trip back to and from Asia this December, and my return is BKK-CDG-YYZ. I land in Terminal 1 with Thai, and fly out almost 5 hours later from terminal 2A, and frankly, a little confused and nervous I'll waste two hours of my layover trying to find my way, at least based on this review.

I think I'll have to take the CDGVAL from terminal 1, but I also assume I have to go through passport control into France, take the train to 2A, pray I get there, get my boarding pass if I don't have them for AC, then go through passport control again, as well as security. Did he miss a spot, or is there a transfer between terminals that does not involve going through immigration?
Five hours is plenty. CDGVAL is fast, easy and reliable. Just a few minutes.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 4:48 am

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
I had 4 hours in the summer in which to transit (same routing as yours) and made it, but not without hassles. Just found the lineups long.

The walk was also quite long, and corridors crowded as there was construction/renos inside CDG T2 (as well as a fair number of tour groups).

I also had to clear entry and exit passport checks, but at least there's 2 extra stamps in the passport.

If you're flying in business, the ticket counter usually gives the passenger a fast passage card so that they may use the special line.

Good luck!
Old Oct 29, 2014, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
Thanks all... was hoping to get a shower and wanted to check my lounge options besides AC lounge in terminal 2.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.