Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Rapidair Pass Changes, YTZ-YOW no longer valid

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rapidair Pass Changes, YTZ-YOW no longer valid

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2014, 11:49 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, WS Gold, Hertz PC, NationalEE, Hyatt Explorist, IHGGold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by cooleddie
With the Union Pearson express coming online in Spring 2015 (I saw the test train pull in last week), flying through Pearson would be pretty good and would really be almost no different from flying via island airport, taking into account the length it takes to take a shuttle bus to Billy Bishop and crossing the ferry. Besides, I'd rather fly in a A319 than a Q400.
Just imagine - staying at a downtown hotel instead of the choices at the airport ...
Old Oct 29, 2014, 1:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by winnipegrev
I'm not expecting the UP Express to be cheap, but you could probably just walk it from Union station once that opens
I've done that walk a few times. It's more the principle. I bought my flight pass when SFO-YTZ was a valid route. After using half the credits, it's no longer valid.

Maybe the train thing will make it less relevant, but it's not running yet, and I want to book a flight now.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 6:40 am

Programs: AC*SE100K; Marriott Titanium; NEXUS
Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
pretty soon AC planes will be filled with people actually flying where they're going.
Yeah, this is pretty funny!
Old Oct 29, 2014, 7:56 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
"With the Union Pearson express coming online in Spring 2015 (I saw the test train pull in last week), flying through Pearson would be pretty good and would really be almost no different from flying via island airport"

Agree--I was initially a bit concerned that YTZ might disappear from routings but I'd rather fly into YYZ and take an express train. Was just there a couple of weeks ago and rented a car just to get me to downtown during evening rush hour (at half the price of a cab--just dropped off at rental center downtown). Wasn't too bad, only 45 minutes and got me where I wanted to go.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
but I do understand why you may want to transit YUL as their MLL is very good.
Huh?!!
Old Oct 30, 2014, 5:40 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
pretty soon AC planes will be filled with people actually flying where they're going.
then almost nobody will be on the YTZ-YUL flights. Its already scary to be one of 15 people on most flights.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Originally Posted by flybit
then almost nobody will be on the YTZ-YUL flights. Its already scary to be one of 15 people on most flights.
Scary? I think delightful. I love extra room to myself but of course AC needs to fill its planes.

The low volume on the YTZ-YUL flights points to more reasons why AC needs to permit us to fly on to YOW on a connection. If you have no checked bags the connections are painless and you avoid the hassles of dealing with YYZ. I am all in favour of what we used to enjoy with our Rapidair Flight passes.

Bring this option back please AC on Rapidair.

Last edited by 100,000miler; Oct 30, 2014 at 5:50 pm
Old Oct 31, 2014, 5:36 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Exclamation educating yyznomad RE: YUL MLL

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Huh?!!
Seriously? You didn't know this??

The domestic MLL at YUL also serves the int'l flights - LHR, CDG, FRA, etc.

In the eve, they have many hot food items. Comparable to what Priority Club offers in the trans-border area.

It also has a decent quiet room, great staff, good papers/magazines and a wide selection of beverages.

My only issue with the YUL MLL is they have insufficient computers. But compared to UA lounges, any number is > 0!
Old Oct 31, 2014, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by 100,000miler
The low volume on the YTZ-YUL flights points to more reasons why AC needs to permit us to fly on to YOW on a connection.
The funny part is that you believe this somehow.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 12:22 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K; Marriott Titanium; NEXUS
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
The domestic MLL at YUL also serves the int'l flights - LHR, CDG, FRA, etc.

In the eve, they have many hot food items. Comparable to what Priority Club offers in the trans-border area.
Ahhh, don't think so. YUL has an International MLL past gate 50 that serves as the MLL for the BRU, LHR, CDG, FRA flights flights last time I checked. Domestic is across from Gate 2.

http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...p_map/yul.html

I do like the recent pizza offering though if that's what you mean by hot food.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 12:26 pm

The funny part is that you believe this somehow.
He may be right, if the load gets low enough AC may have to start flying with ballasts on the Q400s

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.