Search

Incident in Ottawa?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2014, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Incident in Ottawa?

AC web page has a link entitled "Incident in Ottawa."

However the link ends points to "Important updates about 2015 Air Canada Altitude privileges."

Are these an incident?

Or am I missing something?

Added: OK, I looked at the French site, where the link is OK. The "incident" refers to the shooting. Arguably a poor choice of words, isn't it?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 6:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Stranger

However the link ends points to "Important updates about 2015 Air Canada Altitude privileges."

Are these an incident?

Added: OK, I looked at the French site, where the link is OK. The "incident" refers to the shooting. Arguably a poor choice of words, isn't it?
I thought an incident happened at YOW due to the devaluation of the FF Program when I clicked on this link.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 7:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver

Are these an incident?

No, it was visible at least yesterday and was essentially a travel waiver for those passengers stuck in lock downs in Ottawa due to the tragic events in our nation's capital.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tcook052
No, it was visible at least yesterday and was essentially a travel waiver for those passengers stuck in lock downs in Ottawa due to the tragic events in our nation's capital.
I understand that (having looked at the french version0.

However,

(1) Calling this an incident while consistent with AC doubletalk surely is borderline indecent;

(2) today the link goes to the enhancements to the AC Attitude program (or lack thereoff).
Old Oct 25, 2014, 2:26 am

I just tried the link on AC's webpage, and it directed me to the Altitude program change announcements.
While the Altitude program change announcement is certainly an "incident", I think they need to fix it.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 1:56 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K; Marriott Titanium; NEXUS
Originally Posted by agjil
I just tried the link on AC's webpage, and it directed me to the Altitude program change announcements.
While the Altitude program change announcement is certainly an "incident", I think they need to fix it.
Same here, and I think so too.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 4:46 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K
The article number in the link on the AC homepage off by one (141023 instead of 141022). Here is the correct link:

http://www.aircanada.com/en/news/141022.html
Old Oct 25, 2014, 7:09 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
I understand that (having looked at the french version0.

However,

(1) Calling this an incident while consistent with AC doubletalk surely is borderline indecent;

(2) today the link goes to the enhancements to the AC Attitude program (or lack thereoff).
Absolutely any reference to Enhancement of the AE or AC attitude Program is guaranteed to boil blood. If they have chosen these words then it should be prosecutable.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
It's been fixed now, but for awhile it was lame. Another typical IT monkey glitch.

However, if you did a google search for "Incident in Ottawa Air Canada" you would get a link to the PDF memo indicating to agents on how to handle changes.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 8:45 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by yyznomad
It's been fixed now, but for awhile it was lame. Another typical IT monkey glitch.

However, if you did a google search for "Incident in Ottawa Air Canada" you would get a link to the PDF memo indicating to agents on how to handle changes.
Sigh.. and yet look how long it took them. Also, funny about the PDF - someone needs to re-work security, if not their robots policy, on their site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.