Wiki Posts
Search

New J service from South America

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE100K, SPG Gold
New J service from South America

I was shocked last week when I flew from BOG to YYZ with the service downgrade with Air Canada. There was't a sparkling welcoming drink as in previous years. In fact, there was no welcome drink at all or day time amenity kits. On top of that, AC changed the menu so it is now the same as the premium North America menu such as YVR-YYZ. Hence the days of a cheese plate or dessert other than ice cream are gone. I was highly disappointed with this.

Last edited by sluis; Oct 23, 2014 at 8:36 am
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:40 am
CT1

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Plat, Aeroplan dDiamond
Originally Posted by sluis
I was shocked last week when I flew from BOG to YYZ with the service downgrade with Air Canada. There was't a sparkling welcoming drink as in previous years. In fact, there was no welcome drink at all or day time amenity kits. On top of that, AC changed the menu so it is now the same as the premium North America menu such as YVR-YYZ. Hence the days of a cheese plate or dessert other than ice cream are gone. I was highly disappointed with this.
I was in paid J on that route last month. Was a little surprised that the service standard was domestic rather than intl. However number one thing for me was getting a pod after redeye from YYC - the other stuff was very minor in comparison (to me).

Plus the flight is only 5-6 hrs so domestic J food was fine (to me).
Old Oct 23, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: Accor Plat, Marriott Plat
Oh, that is disappointing. We have a J reward with YYZ-BOG and BOG-YYZ segments in February (5th and 24th, respectively) and were really excited for the international service. It's part of a larger trip including Avianca and COPA segments too, and I went with AC and the extra charges for the experience. I might consider looking at other options... But I'm not sure it will be worth it. Maybe 2 J seats from EZE will open up for our return flight. Oh, well. Maybe something will change for the better by February. Any advice for other options to look at?

Last edited by chauncey; Oct 23, 2014 at 2:00 pm Reason: Bad spelling: were instead of we're.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.