Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Booking a United flight on aircanada.com, access to E+

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Booking a United flight on aircanada.com, access to E+

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2014, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Priority Club Gold
Booking a United flight on aircanada.com, access to E+

Looks like I'll be flying united overseas next year due to exorbitant prices on AC or it's European partners on certain dates (not to mention the UA times are actually better).

Anyway, question for those UA travellers that want to still earn towards their Altitude status, can I add E+ to a flight booked through aircanada.com, or would I be better to go through united.com and simply not sign into a united account?

Thanks!
Old Oct 22, 2014, 4:48 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by lynchpin_yyz
Looks like I'll be flying united overseas next year due to exorbitant prices on AC or it's European partners on certain dates (not to mention the UA times are actually better).

Anyway, question for those UA travellers that want to still earn towards their Altitude status, can I add E+ to a flight booked through aircanada.com, or would I be better to go through united.com and simply not sign into a united account?
I believe a while back I booked a UA flight from expedia, then put in the PNR to purchase up to E+ on the united.com web site. Although I did not book an AC codeshare, so not sure if this will cause problems.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
You can always buy economy plus, up to departure, but if its all an AC codeshare, it will complicate things.
You can also hope they give it to you for free in the lounge.

Why would you buy this thru aircanada.com???
Old Oct 26, 2014, 9:43 am

Programs: AP/SE; ACMM
I've always had issues when booking a codeshare UA via aircanada.com. AC doesn't give you UA's confirmation number, and doesn't allow advanced seat selection. I've found booking directly with UA much better experience, including upgrades at time of purchase.

I am flying to SFO next week on UA from YYZ via ORD for a cheaper J fare, and booked a AC Express ticket to YYZ separately.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 10:34 am

Just buy directly through UA website. It's much easier and you will face way less issues.

Air Canada doesn't need the extra profit with the reduction of the Altitude program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.