Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Tango Fares and mileage credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Tango Fares and mileage credit

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2014, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Platinum Ambassador Priority Club, Singapore Silver Elite, Hilton Honors Silver, Continental Silver
Tango Fares and mileage credit

I know that Tango fares only get you 50% miles but my question is on credit to partner airlines. So, I flew AC in July on a Flex fare and had my miles put to my KrisFlyer (Sing Air) frequent flyer account. I received 100% of the miles in that account. I want to fly AC next month on a Tango fare and still need some miles in my KrisFlyer account as I am saving for an Asia trip. Will I receive 50% of the miles or not?

This is not a trick question as some airlines will not post miles from fares like this (I have run into this issue with airlines from Asia before).

If anyone has flown AC on a tango fare and has or has not gotten miles in a non AC account please post your experience.

Thanks,
Old Oct 21, 2014, 6:43 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
You need to look at the partner program's site and see how they credit the Tango fare class.

For Aeroplan, Tango fares get 25% domestically and 50% international. For codeshares, it depends what class it books into on the receiving airline.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Platinum Ambassador Priority Club, Singapore Silver Elite, Hilton Honors Silver, Continental Silver
yvr76, this is an int'l flight (Can-US). Where would I check on SQ (KrisFlyer owner) to see this?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 7:12 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by azgrunge
yvr76, this is an int'l flight (Can-US). Where would I check on SQ (KrisFlyer owner) to see this?
Yup. http://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/ppsc...FOALLevels.pdf

Pretty sure the answer is 50%
Old Oct 21, 2014, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Awesome. Thanks for the link.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 7:31 pm

Programs: AC-SE, EK-G, GF-G
If you get 50% AQM from a partner airline (UA, SQ, TG, etc….), but does does each flight count as 1 AQS or 0?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 8:25 pm
alc

Originally Posted by aircanada_loyal
If you get 50% AQM from a partner airline (UA, SQ, TG, etc….), but does does each flight count as 1 AQS or 0?
OP on this thread is actually crediting his/her Air Canada flight to Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer program. But I assumed you are referring to crediting your flights to Air Canada Altitude / Aeroplan, as you are using the terms AQM and AQS. The answer is that every flight that earn AQM get 1 AQS. So all Air Canada Flight earn 1 AQS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.