Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Adding Frequent Flyer # to Aeroplan Bookings

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Adding Frequent Flyer # to Aeroplan Bookings

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2016, 9:27 am

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I've never had anyone say "it won't work".

I've had them say "We're not allowed to" and "It won't show your status regardless" and "Okay here you go".

But never "I tried and it didn't work".

Mind you, the scenarios I've had were all tickets booked with my points that were just changed or screwed up in some way, so it could be different for a "pristine" booking using someone else's miles.

My father has about 60k miles that he's agreed to let me use, and I just found a booking I want to make that doesn't require IKK, so I may get the chance soon.
I can speak from current experience just a week ago. Miles were from my SE account.

The system no longer takes or retains FF #. YYZ concierges & Check-in Agents for over 30 minutes tried. Gave up. Manually over rode the baggage fees. On BP wrote Pax *Gold . Boarding Zone 2. In MLL he had to show his UA 1K card.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 9:31 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by yyzprincess
I can speak from current experience just a week ago. Miles were from my SE account.

The system no longer takes or retains FF #. YYZ concierges & Check-in Agents for over 30 minutes tried. Gave up. Manually over rode the baggage fees. On BP wrote Pax *Gold . Boarding Zone 2. In MLL he had to show his UA 1K card.

And here is the insanity of the change - just to make sure no one is credited with miles on an award ticket:

1. Now everyone has to battle to get bag fees waived and we all know how many agents at check-in either refuse or don't know the rules or don't know how to over-ride.

2. Onboard, your status will not show on the PIL and you will not get asked early on for meal selection, which may matter to some and not to others depending on the flight.

just saying.....
Old Jan 3, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: *G
Repeating myself here, but AC made a grand announcement on Oct 22 regarding the enhancement allowing FF numbers (at least AE numbers) to be added to reward bookings at OLCI/checkin. Whatever they did, the result was actually to make it even harder if not impossible, and as posted elsewhere, there has been silence from AC ever since and I believe that the original announcement has also disappeared.

I guess AC IT is too busy making AQD work.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
They need to teach their check in agents to not say, "If we add the number you will get miles" !!!
Old Jan 3, 2016, 9:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by fin 645
Repeating myself here, but AC made a grand announcement on Oct 22 regarding the enhancement allowing FF numbers (at least AE numbers) to be added to reward bookings at OLCI/checkin. Whatever they did, the result was actually to make it even harder if not impossible, and as posted elsewhere, there has been silence from AC ever since and I believe that the original announcement has also disappeared.

I guess AC IT is too busy making AQD work.

Exactly why I posted

Originally Posted by 24left
2 recent tickets booked for me as a gift and SE concierge was unable to put my # on one of them, but the second on worked. She did not know why....
It did it at check-in with a SE agent.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 9:56 am

And here is the insanity of the change - just to make sure no one is credited with miles on an award ticket:
Another AC Cr**P
There are 2 fields in File where one can add FF#. First field is for earning miles the other to get ones status benefits.

UA adds the FF# in the second field to ensure we get all our status benefits
Old Jan 3, 2016, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Another AC Cr**P
There are 2 fields in File where one can add FF#. First field is for earning miles the other to get ones status benefits.

So why are the agents not able to use these fields?
Old Jan 3, 2016, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
So why are the agents not able to use these fields?
AC Agents or UA Agents ?
Old Jan 3, 2016, 10:15 am
Suspended

Another AC Cr**P

And as per Princess in 2011:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17598843-post3.html
Old Jan 3, 2016, 10:25 am

Programs: SE 100K

1. Now everyone has to battle to get bag fees waived and we all know how many agents at check-in either refuse or don't know the rules or don't know how to over-ride.
Exactly. Frustrating!

They need to teach their check in agents to not say, "If we add the number you will get miles" !!!
Haha yep.

It did it at check-in with a SE agent.
What airport?
I have flown out of YCD a few times trying to get the # added and the SE agents have never been able to. Maybe cause it's a small airport etc. and they aren't as knowledgeable... who knows.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 10:35 am

Tried that strategy last week did not work broken. There are still 2 fields. The cynic in me thinks it will cost AC $$$ if they fixed it.

Just think of how much AC collects in bag fees on AE Y NA bookings why make it easy to add FF# no incentive to fix it.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AC Agents or UA Agents ?
AC agents
Old Jan 3, 2016, 10:57 am

AC agents
See my post above yoursnotify agents why me thinks AC has no incentive to fix it or :

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/newre...ply&p=25954232
Old Jan 3, 2016, 11:06 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Travelled LHR-YYZ 30DEC on points. All came from MrsQQ's account (SE100K).

When I did OLCI of course the expected happened... unable to add FF number. I called concierge and asked for help quoting the 22 OCT 2015 release. She tried, and then said she'd call me back. 10 min later she called back with great news. Help desk confirmed that it should be doable, detailed that the change actually happened in July, and told her how to do it. She was going to email the rest of the concierge team as the process is easy but cumbersome.

Result - SE100K/MM printed on boarding pass.

Granted MrsQQ and I were in J, but meal priority was the benefit to having SE100K/MM appear on my BP and the PIL.

I'd be interested in hearing if anyone after 30 DEC has contacted the concierge office and had the same issues that were previously documented.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 12:35 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
When I did OLCI of course the expected happened... unable to add FF number. I called concierge and asked for help quoting the 22 OCT 2015 release. She tried, and then said she'd call me back. 10 min later she called back with great news. Help desk confirmed that it should be doable, detailed that the change actually happened in July, and told her how to do it. She was going to email the rest of the concierge team as the process is easy but cumbersome.
Great for SEs, but still broken for us normal elites .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.