Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Accor 5000 miles bonus PER STAY offer. HOT!!!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2014, 6:22 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by atl475
So have you been upgraded to Platinum after 3 stays? You would have earned 30000 points.
Yes, I went from Silver to Gold to Platinum within 4 stays and the 30K Accor Club points converted into 15K Aeroplan miles and posting within a week.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 9:41 am

Programs: AC SE
Seems like this offer has been pulled... By the time I'd recovered my Accor password I missed out.. Oh well, I'll stay with SPG then.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 10:22 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, FPC Platinum, Marriott/Ritz-Carlton Platinum Elite, Accor Platinum, AC SE, MPC SL
Does anyone know the when, how, and why this offer was pulled? I got the same message. But Aeroplan website still states offer is good until Dec 31.

https://www3.aeroplan.com/promotions...p1000489_Accor

Thanks.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 3:59 pm

Accor rep answered in Accor forum on why it's pulled early. She said all allocated rooms for the promo were booked much faster than anticipated. But she mentioned they would be honoring rooms already booked. Question remains if quota was actually hit or that is an excuse to reign it in before it's too costly to them.

Last edited by maverick17; Oct 28, 2014 at 11:12 pm
Old Oct 28, 2014, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Gold, BW Diamond, Club Carlson Silver
Originally Posted by maverick17
Accor rep answered in Accor forum on why it's pulled early. She said all allocated rooms for the promo were booked much faster than anticipated. But she mentioned they would be honoring rooms already booked. Question remains if quota was actually hit or that is an excuse to reign it in before it's too costly to them.

But either way there's T&C to support them cancelling even though the T&C states it based on 12/31 at the beginning. That's not stopping the mob in the Accor forum from begging for more time to book.
Here's a pressing reason as to why they need to keep honouring the offer:

The Aeroplan site still shows it as being valid!!!

I just booked a few more stays, and will obviously argue my case, due to the fact that it was still up at that time.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 9:05 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, FPC Platinum, Marriott/Ritz-Carlton Platinum Elite, Accor Platinum, AC SE, MPC SL
Originally Posted by cober6711

I just booked a few more stays, and will obviously argue my case, due to the fact that it was still up at that time.
cober6711, can you kindly post your outcome?
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:17 am

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
Originally Posted by cober6711

Accor and Aeroplan are different companies. If Accor is the one pulling the plug, I don't think they'll care too much what's on the Aeroplan website. I'd bet the Aeroplan site just hasn't been updated yet, or Accor hasn't told them the offer's dead.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 9:12 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
I've been travelling and just got a break to follow-up on FT.

Below is my stay history with Accor Group for the year thus far:

PARTNER DATE TRANSACTION ACTIVITY MILES
Oct 18, 2014 ACCOR ACLUB CONVERSION 5,132
Oct 17, 2014 ACCOR ACLUB CONVERSION 5,134
Oct 11, 2014 ACCOR ACLUB CONVERSION 5,138
Sep 30, 2014 ACCOR ACLUB CONVERSION 181
Sep 09, 2014 ACCOR ACLUB CONVERSION 360
Jul 10, 2014 ACCOR ACLUB CONVERSION 300
Apr 02, 2014 ACCOR ACLUB CONVERSION 16
Mar 05, 2014 ACCOR ACLUB CONVERSION 15
Feb 12, 2014 ACCOR ACLUB CONVERSION 92

Clearly, the promotion is working for me and I will find out after a stay on Monday as to whether those registered prior to the pulling of the promotion will continue to earn based on the existing terms and conditions .

If Accor unilaterally pulled the promotion and did NOT bother to advise those that signed-up then I will be very irritated. This will send their reputation with me to the low end of the scale - somewhere between Best Western and IHG.

As far as the call centre agent in a post thread above claiming that all the available rooms for the promotion were booked...that's BS. Its not a per room promotion, its a sign up for any room during the promotion. I never trust what the Accor call centre says, so I am pretty much self-serve when it comes to booking with them.

I will post and update as soon as this Monday's stay posts.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 2:50 pm

Not a call center agent. It's their FT rep in Accor forum. Let us know how it goes.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
I fail to see how Accor keeps track on 'all allotted' rooms were accounted for especially since there was no registration required.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 10:29 pm

Disappointing development indeed:

Date of arrival Transaction date Description Night(s) Points
06/11/2014 06/11/2014 FFP Systematic Transfer : Air Canada 0 -428
05/11/2014 05/11/2014 AUTUMN IN ITALY X2 0 155
05/11/2014 05/11/2014 Points Accelerator 0 118
03/11/2014 04/11/2014 Mercure Bologna Centro 1 155

It has been a long time since I have been part of a promotion that was pulled that quickly by a partner with no email, no update, nothing whatsoever.

The transfer of 428 points will convert to 214 Aeroplan miles, hardly exciting.

I have cancelled all upcoming Accor stays in protest.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 5:27 pm

Programs: AC SE
If you were enrolled prior to them pulling g the offer I'd protest. Unless of course their t&c allowed such move... I didn't make it in time to register, so my business remained with SPG.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 8:50 pm

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
Originally Posted by YXXFlyer
Unless of course their t&c allowed such move...
Most programs have clauses in their T&Cs saying they make whatever changes they want, however they want, whenever they want. I'd assume Accor has such clauses (I didn't take part in this promo, and don't care enough to go look at the T&Cs). If they don't have them, they're mind-bogglingly stupid, from a legal standpoint.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by YXXFlyer
If you were enrolled prior to them pulling g the offer I'd protest. Unless of course their t&c allowed such move... I didn't make it in time to register, so my business remained with SPG.
There was no enrollment needed. There were no 'special' room rates allotted for AC members. The only requirement (then) was that all bookings had to be booked by 31st Dec. and then after they rescinded this offer, changed the requirement that the booking must be made by 31st Oct. for them to honor the AC 10K points bonus.

It was sneaky for them to do so. Don't just cancel your bookings - write to them and tell them about it.

I had booked 4 stays before the 31st Oct so I was ok. People are reporting that they are getting their miles. I switched my earning to BA which was just 5000 points and converts to 2000 AVIOS. The promo with BA is still on though.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
There was no enrollment needed. There were no 'special' room rates allotted for AC members. The only requirement (then) was that all bookings had to be booked by 31st Dec. and then after they rescinded this offer, changed the requirement that the booking must be made by 31st Oct. for them to honor the AC 10K points bonus.

It was sneaky for them to do so. Don't just cancel your bookings - write to them and tell them about it.

I had booked 4 stays before the 31st Oct so I was ok. People are reporting that they are getting their miles. I switched my earning to BA which was just 5000 points and converts to 2000 AVIOS. The promo with BA is still on though.
Agreed and agreed, just a pre-selection of Aeroplan as you preferred airline partner to auto-convert the 10K Accor points into 5K Aeroplan miles.

I am confused about the last date of reservation though; some have posted an 27OCT and some have posted 31OCT. Which is it? I made my Mercure Bologna booking on 30OCT.

This is such a turnoff with Accor Club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.