Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada check in at Fort Lauderdale

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2014, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC Elite

Does anyone know what time the Air Canada counter opens for check-in at the Fort Lauderdale airport? I recall getting there once and there were no agents at the counter until a few hours before the flight (around noon). Would appreciate finding out if this is still the current case if anyone knows.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 4:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by trenholm
Does anyone know what time the Air Canada counter opens for check-in at the Fort Lauderdale airport? I recall getting there once and there were no agents at the counter until a few hours before the flight (around noon). Would appreciate finding out if this is still the current case if anyone knows.
I think it is 2 hours before flight.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, appreciate the quick response. Just didn't want to arrive early and hope to get into the lounge and not be able to because I couldn't check my bags and get into the departures area.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 4:47 pm

Did you ask Air Canada directly? That might provide a more concrete answer.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by writerguyfl
Did you ask Air Canada directly? That might provide a more concrete answer.
Yes, I did call Air Canada and they tell me they don't have access to that type of information about locations such as Fort Lauderdale. Nor did they know who I should call. I also posted this question on the feed for the Fort Lauderdale airport but haven't heard back from anyone as yet. Appreciate the fact that we've actually got a discussion going here!

I am arriving in Fort Lauderdale very early and trying to decide whether to book a room at an airport hotel for a half day since I don't think (but yet to confirm) that I will be able to check in and to the lounge. Not a big issue but I recall getting caught like this once before so thought I'd inquire first this time
Old Oct 12, 2014, 12:49 am

Yes, I did call Air Canada and they tell me they don't have access to that type of information about locations such as Fort Lauderdale. Nor did they know who I should call.
Wow. That's a pretty stupid response. How could an airline not know when their ticket counters are staffed?

I'm not sure if they will have better information, but you might want to contact FLL Airport directly:

http://www.broward.org/Airport/About...erService.aspx

There's a toll-free (866) number and an email address listed on that page. I checked the rest of the site but couldn't find specific times when ticket counters are operated.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by writerguyfl
I'm not sure if they will have better information, but you might want to contact FLL Airport directly:

http://www.broward.org/Airport/About...erService.aspx

There's a toll-free (866) number and an email address listed on that page. I checked the rest of the site but couldn't find specific times when ticket counters are operated.
You are very kind to help me with this issue. I had previously explored the FLL website but couldn't find anything there. I hadn't thought of contacting them--that is a great idea--but all they could tell me was "typically the counter opens 2 - 3 hours ahead of time for check in." Directing me to the AC agents takes me back to a loop directly to the general AC line which I had tried previously (and gotten the "stupid" response you mention). So I will assume that the counter opens 2 - 3 hours ahead of the flight and make my plans accordingly. If anyone is travelling through the FLL airport between now and November 3 and walks by the AC check-in counter, I'd be grateful if you could let me know whatever you are able to find out.

Thanks again for all of your input into this!
Old Oct 12, 2014, 6:51 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

For further expert input, this thread topic has been moved to the Air Canada | Aeroplan forum.

Prospero
Senior Moderator
Old Oct 12, 2014, 6:59 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
FYI, there is no Lounge you can use at FLL, there's no good reason to arrive early.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Academic
FYI, there is no Lounge you can use at FLL, there's no good reason to arrive early.
Duh ... of course, Terminal 2 departures now. I forgot about that. I have a Priority Pass membership as well as membership in the Maple Leaf Lounges but that doesn't work in Terminal 2. Thanks!
Old Oct 12, 2014, 7:36 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

AC counters at 4 other airports - SFO, LAX, HND and TLV - all open 3 hours before and in fact I specifically asked the question in all 4 locations.

FLL may be the same or not. Either way, AC agents should have the info on hand and/or it should be posted at aircanada.com in this section (which only shows minimum checkin times, not when counters open)

http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...t/checkin.html
Old Oct 12, 2014, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 24left
AC counters at 4 other airports - SFO, LAX, HND and TLV - all open 3 hours before and in fact I specifically asked the question in all 4 locations.
Thank you!
Old Oct 12, 2014, 7:55 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Thank you!

ALSO - I looked at AC's schedule of departing flights from LAX and SFO (as there are many unlike HND and TLV).

For eg. I knew that the flights departing LAX for YVR and YYC left before the one I was on to YYZ, I knew the counter would be open for those and thus I actually had checked in 4 hours ahead on more than one occasion and finished up some work in the lounge. (of course it helps when the airport you are at has a lounge for you to access)
Old Oct 12, 2014, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 24left
ALSO - I looked at AC's schedule of departing flights from LAX and SFO (as there are many unlike HND and TLV).
I have already done that as well. Unfortunately my flight is the first one Good suggestion though.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 8:26 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
In FLL I have taken a day room at the hotel built within the terminal.
Very convenient.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.