Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by CanRulez
I tried the hoisin glazed duck with ginger fried rice last night,

One word.

Delicious.
It's generating very positive reviews. Glad you enjoyed it.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
All-inclusive light chilled meal tray (lunch) accompanied by bar/beverages/coffee/tea in both J & Y.
Thanks, ACYYZ/SD.

We won't be arriving at SCL the same day. Good to have a lunch before getting to EZE and then having to wait for our fight to GRU. Lounge at EZE does not appear to have too much choice of food. Although who knows there might be a decent restaurant airside?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
It's not a route I do often, but on the SCL-EZE-SCL leg, there is a significant number of local boarding Customers who appreciate the offerings during the meal period. Flying time is often much shorter than scheduled and it's probably one of our busiest sectors when full.
Interesting. Just curious: Has AC ever served a proper (hot) meal on this route?

It's only 100 miles shorter than YVR-SFO, so serving a meal with appetitzer, hot meal and dessert shouldn't be impossible.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:17 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by CanRulez
I tried the hoisin glazed duck with ginger fried rice last night,

One word.

Delicious.
Agreed, I've had it too, and loved it.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jasper2009

It's only 100 miles shorter than YVR-SFO, so serving a meal with appetitzer, hot meal and dessert shouldn't be impossible.
???

Its about 709 miles. Less than 2 hours.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:52 pm

Interesting. Just curious: Has AC ever served a proper (hot) meal on this route?

Originally Posted by Stranger
???

Ya, I'm sorry guys but I gotta say, that's pushing it on a widebody (narrowbody I can see kinda making it work)
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Ya, I'm sorry guys but I gotta say, that's pushing it on a widebody (narrowbody I can see kinda making it work)
But then, that's only because they have cut staffing to the bone.

Just like, it affects service long haul too.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:57 pm

But then, that's only because they have cut staffing to the bone.

Just like, it affects service long haul too.
I actually disagree slightly, the service on the 'short' long-hauls has suffered but the service on the longer ones (YYZ / YVR - DEL) etc is still solid.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
???

Yes, and YVR-SFO is 800 miles (which offers a full three-course meal served at once).

AC offers a hot breakfast on various flights 350-500 miles. SA offers a full hot dinner on a 300 mile DUR-JNB flight (and a good % of their crew are utterly useless; though quit ea few are also excellent).

I'm not saying I necessarily expect a full hot meal, but I don't think it's a ridiculous idea either and would be curious to know whether AC used to offer one in the past.
Old May 1, 2017, 7:22 pm

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
I had a spicy korean bibimbap with rice on YYZ-ICN a couple of weeks ago. very good, well spiced. no hot sauce on this route.
On the way back I tried the Cajun chicken breast, which was also good. a bit mild, but entirely edible. it could use a bit more kick. I asked FA for hot sauce and was provided korean chilli sauce that came in a tube. very nice.
The new cheese omelet breakfast was also a pleasant surprise as I had been eating the old omelet for years. this was good, except the potatoes had a very bad texture -as if they had been frozen and thawed.

on the whole, food in AC seems to be different and way better than the old days.
Old May 1, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by karachi
I had a spicy korean bibimbap with rice on YYZ-ICN a couple of weeks ago. very good, well spiced. no hot sauce on this route.
On the way back I tried the Cajun chicken breast, which was also good. a bit mild, but entirely edible. it could use a bit more kick. I asked FA for hot sauce and was provided korean chilli sauce that came in a tube. very nice.
The new cheese omelet breakfast was also a pleasant surprise as I had been eating the old omelet for years. this was good, except the potatoes had a very bad texture -as if they had been frozen and thawed.

on the whole, food in AC seems to be different and way better than the old days.
Ex-ICN:

Kimchi is offered along with Sunchang Gochujang (Korean Hot Pepper Paste) in J
Kimchi is provisioned on every Y/C meal tray.
Old May 1, 2017, 11:16 pm
Formerly known as jsfrSuperElite

Programs: Air Canada SE100K-1MM, Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Improvement with the beef?

On AC 8 today, I chose the beef tenderloin, which I haven't done in ages.
To my surprise, it was excellent, moist, tender and not overcooked.
The FA told me it was due to the steam oven onboard , which she insisted, makes a difference with the beef.
Has anyone ever witnessed this with this sort of oven?
Are these the old ovens or new ones?
Attached Images  
Old May 2, 2017, 6:10 am

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
Ex-ICN:

Kimchi is offered along with Sunchang Gochujang (Korean Hot Pepper Paste) in J
Kimchi is provisioned on every Y/C meal tray.
thanks. is there a reason chilli/hot sauce is not kept ex-YYZ ?
Old May 2, 2017, 6:20 am

Yes, AC used to serve hot meals on short hauls before (YYZ-LGA/EWR).

Remembered stuff like burritos, skewers served on meal tray like AM breakfast.....

Quite a bit of rush but appreciated it IMO.... let me see if I can find photos at home

Yes, and YVR-SFO is 800 miles (which offers a full three-course meal served at once).

AC offers a hot breakfast on various flights 350-500 miles. SA offers a full hot dinner on a 300 mile DUR-JNB flight (and a good % of their crew are utterly useless; though quit ea few are also excellent).

I'm not saying I necessarily expect a full hot meal, but I don't think it's a ridiculous idea either and would be curious to know whether AC used to offer one in the past.
Old May 2, 2017, 6:37 am

Programs: WestJet Gold; E35K/*Silver
Originally Posted by jsfrSE
On AC 8 today, I chose the beef tenderloin, which I haven't done in ages.
To my surprise, it was excellent, moist, tender and not overcooked.
The FA told me it was due to the steam oven onboard , which she insisted, makes a difference with the beef.
Has anyone ever witnessed this with this sort of oven?
Are these the old ovens or new ones?
They're new. I thought they were only on the 787s, but maybe they refitted the galleys when they changed the seat configs on the 777s (especially the HKG 5).

The steam ovens are infinitely better for decent meals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.