Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC in "crack down" on carry-on bags

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC in "crack down" on carry-on bags

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2014, 3:59 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Boarding 7387 now.
GA announced that if you don't check your too large bag before boarding and it is too large...neither you nor the bag gets on board.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 4:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Bag Wait Times

Bag Wait Times....kind of like Surgery Wait Times in Ontario, but not nearly as much fun.

HND - I cleared immigration before bag arrived, but wait was short

TLV - bag was spinning on carousel when I cleared immigration

YYZ - flight from YUL took LESS TIME than wait for bag. Was ready to order in pizza.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 4:03 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Boarding 7387 now.
GA announced that if you don't check your too large bag before boarding and it is too large...neither you nor the bag gets on board.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 4:15 pm

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by Dorian
Boarding 7387 now.
Ha. I love it. Good luck for them to deny boarding based on this. I would dare them to deny boarding....of course making sure I record everything since GA are people to trust less than many others.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by mkjr
Ha. I love it. Good luck for them to deny boarding based on this. I would dare them to deny boarding....of course making sure I record everything since GA are people to trust less than many others.
Ya, we just chuckled. That being said, some people were still really pushing it. One guy had two full size carry on rollers and appeared solo.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:23 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
What's the quickest time it has taken you to get a checked bag and which airport was it? Curious
ORD, consistently.

UA flights from YVR to ORD, gate close to the baggage area, and I was usually one of the first off, since I was flying in a small F cabin.

Yet almost always my bags were on the belt by the time I got there.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:29 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

What's the quickest time it has taken you to get a checked bag and which airport was it? Curious
SIN. Best airport in the world. Get off the planes in J, Have a candy at immigration. It took less than 10 minutes to get to the luggage carousel. Started turning and priority bags came out immediately.

I was one of the few who got called out to X ray for customs, and still make a taxi within 15 minutes from making the gate.

Nothing in North America compares.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by KenHamer
ORD, consistently.

UA flights from YVR to ORD, gate close to the baggage area, and I was usually one of the first off, since I was flying in a small F cabin.

Yet almost always my bags were on the belt by the time I got there.
I wonder how long the baggage track is for ORD vs YYZ
Old Oct 16, 2014, 9:43 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
The YYZ track goes to the CN tower and back apparently.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 9:57 pm

Good question. Wonder how the track at YYZ compares to YOW international, where 20-30 min is the norm even for priority tagged bags(what with YOW being a major widebody hub).

Of course that's a lot better than the 45 min I had to wait at YUL after a YYZ-YUL flight.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 11:01 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Mrs. YVR's travelling companions had to go through this today at YYZ security. She went through the Nexus lane and was not stopped. They were pulled out after waiting 10 minutes in the security line, and then after the rep. was satisfied that their carry-on was legal they had to line up again from the back.

Seriously? They normally travel WS but I convinced them to fly AC for the PE cabin.

AC needs to stop this nonsense as all it's doing is alienating both casual and frequent flyers.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 11:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by yvr76
Mrs. YVR's travelling companions had to go through this today at YYZ security. She went through the Nexus lane and was not stopped. They were pulled out after waiting 10 minutes in the security line, and then after the rep. was satisfied that their carry-on was legal they had to line up again from the back.

Seriously? They normally travel WS but I convinced them to fly AC for the PE cabin.

AC needs to stop this nonsense as all it's doing is alienating both casual and frequent flyers.

Baggage dragons begone!

Can someone please find a way to film this stuff?????
Old Oct 17, 2014, 11:20 am

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by Dorian
Ya, we just chuckled. That being said, some people were still really pushing it. One guy had two full size carry on rollers and appeared solo.
cabin hogs have always irked me.

AC just needs to come up with a faster way to measure. it is clear the metal bins that have sat as nothing more than a paper weight are USELESS...BEN are you listening??? why not bother trying to be more efficient with this. your stupid metal measuring bin is a pile of useless garbage.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 11:22 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by 24left
Baggage dragons begone!

Can someone please find a way to film this stuff?????
If they can make a show about Border Security, i'm sure there will be people who would love to watch such a production
Old Oct 17, 2014, 1:16 pm

Weight restrictions would naturally result in smaller bags. For example, a 7 kg restriction on Eva air means many of the 22 inch tall bags are going to be pretty darn empty to fit below the weight limit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.