W Fare - Tango/Flex Snafu

Old Sep 22, 2014, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Platinum, Nexus/GE
Angry W Fare - Tango/Flex Snafu

Last night I called AC Reservations to book a ticket to Europe with a stop-over. Ticket is a mix of AC for TATL and LH/TP for intra-Europe. I asked the lady on the phone to book it in Flex and I was quoted a price which I accepted. After everything is booked, I checked the ticket online. Lo and behold, it is booked in Tango on a W fare.

I had some time this afternoon so I called back to inquire and fix the ticket. Right off the gate, the agent tells me that I am booked in Flex. I ask him to verify; he puts me on hold and comes back and confirm that it is indeed Tango. To do the change to Flex I would need to pay an extra $100. I argued with him that it was bait and switch and that they should adsorb the cost of the change but he insists that there is nothing he can do. My options are to pay up or cancel/refund for free since I'm within the 24 hours... The agent was also very insistent that no mistakes where made (despite the fact that he made the same mistake as the first agent) and it was only miscommunication...

Anyway, just venting. Maybe AC should inform their reservation agents of the changes they made a year ago...
Old Sep 22, 2014, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
And you will go back for another beating soon

That is the power of AC.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by yultraveler
I had some time this afternoon so I called back to inquire and fix the ticket. Right off the gate, the agent tells me that I am booked in Flex. I ask him to verify; he puts me on hold and comes back and confirm that it is indeed Tango. To do the change to Flex I would need to pay an extra $100. .

Call back & get an another agent. I have changed my routings & dates many times within the 24 hour window never had an issue because my meeting were not firmed up when I issued my ticket.
In fact few times I have asked should I cancel & rebook, I am told no difference.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Platinum, Nexus/GE
In all fairness, they only charged my the fare difference between W and V and not a change fee.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 4:41 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Confusion is likely because W is Flex for domestic and US flights and Tango everywhere else.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.