Buying E50K nomination from SE

Old Aug 28, 2014, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Buying E50K nomination from SE

Hey guys,

I was wondering - has anybody ever bought/sold the SE100K reward of giving E50K to someone? Meaning, has a SE ever sold to someone "random" on this forum or somewhere else to E50K nomination? Is that against AC rules? Would be curious in hearing your stories.
I was nominated E50K from a family member and... it's very useful/addictive. In fact I'll be E50K by my own this year just because I want to stay E50K. doubt it's like that for everyone though. And it's made me purchase D-fares to Asia I would not have done had I not experienced E50K this year.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Since the AC T&C prohibit selling/buying any status relatedbenefits, I doubt you'll get(m)any reports.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 5:41 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Don't even raise it. It is so unethical.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 5:48 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Lllahim
Don't even raise it. It is so unethical.
Against T&C yes, but unethical? I can't really see anybody pay somebody else to fly 100k so they can get E50K status. (To make an analogy to people paying others (poor people) to meet the minimum occupancy for HOV lanes...)
Old Aug 28, 2014, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not only is it against the terms and conditions, but if AC notices that this happens a little bit more than it should, the benefit may get cancelled next year or a subsequent year.

Not only should we not do this, but we should not even talk about it in a public forum. Hopefully the moderator will delete this thread.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by YXXFlyer
Against T&C yes, but unethical? I can't really see anybody pay somebody else to fly 100k so they can get E50K status. (To make an analogy to people paying others (poor people) to meet the minimum occupancy for HOV lanes...)
Actually, I would have to say paying "poorer people" to ride so they meet the occupancy for HOV lanes seems correct. As in, that is a good thing. You are giving someone a ride.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.