Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC2 NRT-YYZ; order of the meal service on this flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC2 NRT-YYZ; order of the meal service on this flight?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2014, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Andrew Yiu
We recently ran a survey among our top tiers and I can share with you that pork sat very low on the list of preferred protein. The top 5 (which represented 90% of the responses) were beef, chicken, fish, lamb & shellfish. This is something that we can consider once we have the capability to let our customers pre-order their meals in J which we're working on.

As for ethnic style meals, you'll notice that we're slowly trying them out on all routes on both International and NA Business Class.
Thanks for the info! If the majority indeed doesn't like pork (and I personally prefer beef, lamb and fish over pork as well) there's no reason to introduce it.

Great to hear AC is working on offering pre-ordered meals!^ Even if it's only ex-YYZ/YVR/YUL it would be a welcome improvement.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 11:26 am

Also, new meal service coming on Oct 1 for all YYZ/Asia, YVR/SYD and YYZ/TLV flights so stay tuned. Plated entrees, cheese selection from a trolley, full cake & fruit selection, brunch option before arrival on Asia flights where we currently serve breakfast. We ran a few trials recently and very well received by our customers especially those that fly very often.

We are also introducing a new breakfast card option tomorrow (Sep 1) on all red eye Europe flights (except for YHZ/YYT-LHR). You can choose your breakfast option before you sleep so you can maximize your sleep.
Fantastic improvements - particularly brunch YYZ/Asia. Trying to wolf down an omelette in the PM Asia time has always made me feel queasy.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also, new meal service coming on Oct 1 for all YYZ/Asia, YVR/SYD and YYZ/TLV flights so stay tuned. Plated entrees, cheese selection from a trolley, full cake & fruit selection, brunch option before arrival on Asia flights where we currently serve breakfast. We ran a few trials recently and very well received by our customers especially those that fly very often.

We are also introducing a new breakfast card option tomorrow (Sep 1) on all red eye Europe flights (except for YHZ/YYT-LHR). You can choose your breakfast option before you sleep so you can maximize your sleep.
Nice!

Could you elaborate on the breakfast card option? Afaik most/all flights ex-YYZ/YUL/YOW currently offer the continental breakfast tray (no choice excepr for what pastry the pax wants). Is this changing?
Old Aug 31, 2014, 11:30 am
Company Representative - Air Canada

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Great to hear AC is working on offering pre-ordered meals!^ Even if it's only ex-YYZ/YVR/YUL it would be a welcome improvement.
Very high on my list of priorities for our teams to accomplish - not only would it allow for expanded list of options that one can pre-order but it gives our customers a chance to select their meals in advance (i.e. essentially guarantee their meal choice except for perhaps irregular operations). Both International and NA are in scope but will likely be introduced in phases.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 11:33 am

Nice!

Could you elaborate on the breakfast card option? Afaik most/all flights ex-YYZ/YUL/YOW currently offer the continental breakfast tray (no choice excepr for what pastry the pax wants). Is this changing?
Options will be fruit, yogurt, croissant, muffin, 2 choices of cereal, oatmeal and quiche.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Options will be fruit, yogurt, croissant, muffin, 2 choices of cereal, oatmeal and quiche.
Thanks for the response! I like the "quiche" idea.^
Old Sep 1, 2014, 12:35 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Yesterday, I was the first pax asked to select a meal. Chose fish. Because I was sittting at the back, I was served last. Guess what, they ran out of fish. Apologies given and accepted. No big deal: ate the beef. Lesson: Being asked first means nothing when you don't get your selection. Maybe, they should serve the first asked first! What about tagging meals in ask order?
Old Sep 1, 2014, 2:57 am

Programs: AC75 MM
Also, new meal service coming on Oct 1 for all YYZ/Asia, YVR/SYD and YYZ/TLV flights so stay tuned.....brunch option before arrival on Asia flights where we currently serve breakfast..
Wondering if SYD-YVR, which currently serves b'fast after a 10:20am departure will also change?
Would serving a lunch/dinner a couple of hours into the flight make sense? Most pass will have got up early and already had something before getting to the airport. And then, adjusting to the new time zone, it's time for a dinner anyhow.

I recall a journey AKL-SYD-YVR-YYZ once when I had 3 consecutive breakfasts - and they were all variations of omelette with chicken sausage!
Old Sep 1, 2014, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Thanks for the response! I like the "quiche" idea.^
What's old is new again. Used to like the AC breakfast quiche. ^
Old Sep 1, 2014, 11:39 am

Programs: AC-SEMM, AA-Gold
Great news about the breakfast card change. Being asked about selection preferences has been pretty hit and miss...
Old Sep 1, 2014, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by tomvancouver
Wondering if SYD-YVR, which currently serves b'fast after a 10:20am departure will also change?
Would serving a lunch/dinner a couple of hours into the flight make sense? Most pass will have got up early and already had something before getting to the airport. And then, adjusting to the new time zone, it's time for a dinner anyhow.
It's been lunch after take off on SYD-YVR for as long as I've been involved in product which has been years and I just checked the current menu and it's lunch as well. Are you confusing this with another flight? The spec is lunch after take off and breakfast before landing. We do have the flex meal option so if someone wants to eat their lunch later on during the flight, that's an option as well.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 2:59 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
It's been lunch after take off on SYD-YVR for as long as I've been involved in product which has been years and I just checked the current menu and it's lunch as well. Are you confusing this with another flight? The spec is lunch after take off and breakfast before landing. We do have the flex meal option so if someone wants to eat their lunch later on during the flight, that's an option as well.
Thanks Andrew - I stand corrected!
Old Sep 2, 2014, 2:26 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Andrew thanks for sharing and great to see new innovation on the horizon. Preordering J on domestic J will be an amazing improvement and escape from the same menu.

Regarding menu changes, I was disheartened recently to hear an American who used to think highly of AC's service to Asia complaining about food quality relative to UA (which is saying a lot). I am usually a defender of the soft and hard product so hopefully these changes will also bring an improvement in quality.

Any thoughts on Garlic Bread in J? It is always a favorite when I fly other airlines. Between that and pretzel bread I'm usually very happy, but don't remember either on AC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.