Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Status Match - Success

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2015, 8:24 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by PLeblond
So you are suggesting that the person who has already invested $15,000 in non-refundable tickets, will more than likely be well on their way to achieving status after that expenditure, is going to throw all of that away and go to Westjet because AC didn't do a status match?

I'm pretty sure that person has already showed their hand and its not worth offering any more. They're already committed. Hook, line and sinker.
I was referring to my experiences and did not have anywhere near $15k in upcoming airfare for the reason you suggested. I think you confused me with cow. Sure we may be black and white but we really are not the same animal
Old Jun 4, 2015, 1:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
I was referring to my experiences and did not have anywhere near $15k in upcoming airfare for the reason you suggested. I think you confused me with cow. Sure we may be black and white but we really are not the same animal
Dude. Racist much? Maybe I'm a brown cow.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 1:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Dude. Racist much? Maybe I'm a brown cow.
oh Cow
Old Jun 4, 2015, 2:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100k, AS MVP Gold, National EE, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Moo...
Old Aug 31, 2015, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
LOL. Almost 7 months later... a response.

Congratulations, you are now eligible to reach a higher Altitude status with an Altitude Challenge. As of August 28st, 2015, if you earn 18,500 Altitude Qualifying Miles (AQM) or 18 Altitude Qualifying Segments (AQS) on flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express or Air Canada rouge over the next 90 days, you’ll be eligible to enjoy Altitude Elite 50K status through February 28, 2017. Your current Altitude status (if any) will not change at the beginning of the 90 day challenge period. Once you earn the required number of AQM or AQS, your status will be updated within four weeks, and you will be invited to choose your Select Privileges. Your Altitude package will follow within four to six weeks.
Best regards,
The Air Canada Altitude Team

My request was sent on February 3rd.

Sadly, I'm going to have to pass on this oh-so-generous offer.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 1:40 pm

Programs: Avianca Brazil Diamond, Etihad Gold, Southwest CC Pass, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SFO777
LOL. Almost 7 months later... a response.

Congratulations, you are now eligible to reach a higher Altitude status with an Altitude Challenge. As of August 28st, 2015, if you earn 18,500 Altitude Qualifying Miles (AQM) or 18 Altitude Qualifying Segments (AQS) on flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express or Air Canada rouge over the next 90 days, you’ll be eligible to enjoy Altitude Elite 50K status through February 28, 2017. Your current Altitude status (if any) will not change at the beginning of the 90 day challenge period. Once you earn the required number of AQM or AQS, your status will be updated within four weeks, and you will be invited to choose your Select Privileges. Your Altitude package will follow within four to six weeks.
Best regards,

My request was sent on February 3rd.

Sadly, I'm going to have to pass on this oh-so-generous offer.
Forgot to add mine but I got the same offer 1 month ago. Only took 6 months for a response....

But ya worthless
Old Oct 8, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Sent my request on August 11, received the challenge email today (October 8) for a challenge starting today. I guess it's marginally better than waiting 6 months.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by JamilD
Sent my request on August 11, received the challenge email today (October 8) for a challenge starting today. I guess it's marginally better than waiting 6 months.
What is your challenge criteria?
Old Oct 8, 2015, 8:36 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by yyznomad
What is your challenge criteria?

Seems to be the same as the rest:

Hello,

Congratulations, you are now eligible to reach a higher Altitude status with an Altitude Challenge.
As of October 8th, 2015, if you earn 18,500 Altitude Qualifying Miles (AQM) or 18 Altitude Qualifying Segments (AQS) on flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express or Air Canada rouge over the next 90 days, you’ll be eligible to enjoy Altitude Elite 50K status through February 28, 2017.

Your current Altitude status (if any) will not change at the beginning of the 90 day challenge period. Once you earn the required number of AQM or AQS, your status will be updated within four weeks, and you will be invited to choose your Select Privileges. Your Altitude package will follow within four to six weeks.

Best regards,
Old Nov 7, 2015, 9:16 am

Programs: TK Gold, Alitalia Gold, AB Gold, MPC, SPG Gold, IHG, Marriott Silvr, BW Plat, AA, BA, JP
sent status match request 1st week of august...got reply nov 5..same challenge offer as above....most of flights already completed...just have 1 flight left on AC in next 90 days..is there a way I can refuse the offer for now...to be able to retry later..?
Old Nov 7, 2015, 11:58 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by sunnyzip
sent status match request 1st week of august...got reply nov 5..same challenge offer as above....most of flights already completed...just have 1 flight left on AC in next 90 days..is there a way I can refuse the offer for now...to be able to retry later..?
Did you fly AC on the flights you have flown on since Aug.? If so, write them regarding the pasted flights and they should counts them. If somehow you can refuse the offer, will you still have status with the other airline to match?
Old Mar 17, 2016, 5:54 pm
formerly sahiljain22

Programs: Amex Plat; HH Diamond; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond; United 1K; National EE; HSBC Premier
Anyone has any experience in status matching to Super Elite 100k? I have multiyear 1K status.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by sahiljain22
Anyone has any experience in status matching to Super Elite 100k? I have multiyear 1K status.
Given the new AQD requirements, I would expect a challenge, at best. And even that might only take you up to E75K or E50K.

AC is not generally in the habit of handing things out for free.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 9:04 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by sahiljain22
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Given the new AQD requirements, I would expect a challenge, at best. And even that might only take you up to E75K or E50K.

AC is not generally in the habit of handing things out for free.
Will they even do that considering it's UA?
Old Mar 17, 2016, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Will they even do that considering it's UA?
Oh, ha, I hadn't even considered that.

It's possible, but that's yet another hurdle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.