Rogue Seating Question

Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Hyatt
Rogue Seating Question

Looking at purchasing my first tickets on Air Canada. I'm pricing a round trip DFW-VCE. The YYZ - VCE leg is in on Rouge. I'm interested in the "Premium Economy" price point.

What I don't know: is "Premium Economy" Rouge Plus seats or Premium Rouge?

It appears from viewing seating web sites, Rouge looks miserable, Rouge plus looks less miserable and Premium Rouge looks akin to other premium economy products.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by AAToday; Jul 30, 2014 at 7:26 pm Reason: Auto correct strikes!
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:27 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Premium Economy = Premium rouge seats (i.e. the front cabin on those aircraft).

Rouge plus is akin to AA's Main Cabin Extra or UA's Economy Plus - just more legroom.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by D582
Premium Economy = Premium rouge seats (i.e. the front cabin on those aircraft).

Rouge plus is akin to AA's Main Cabin Extra or UA's Economy Plus - just more legroom.
Thank you, I was hoping that was the case
Old Jul 30, 2014, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Plat
Can anyone comment on how the bulkhead (row 12) Y seats are on the Rogue 767?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by AAToday
...Rogue. ...Rogue Plus ...Premium Rogue?

...Rogue... Rogue ...Premium Rogue
Unless you are doing that on purpose, it is Rouge. As in the French word for red.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by winnipegrev
Unless you are doing that on purpose, it is Rouge. As in the French word for red.
Ha! I hadn't noticed that! I guess my new Samsung Galaxy 5's swype keyboard decided to auto correct it for me.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 8:40 pm

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
is there any way to book Rouge plus with say UA or A3 miles?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by kdinino
is there any way to book Rouge plus with say UA or A3 miles?
No - can't even do it with Aeroplan.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 10:16 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Rouge Is Not Real Air Canada and is damaging the brand

I have just endured my first Rouge return trip (YYZ-VCE). As a long time Air Canada customer, shareholder and a MM, this is product is not Air Canada in my mind. The service is substandard, the seating (both Y and Premium) are significantly diluted to normal AC, and there really is no savings. Why AC would take this course of action is beyond me as, in the mind of 14 people who where chatting about this strategy in our office today we all concluded that Rouge damages the AC brand and should be shut down immediately before any further diminution of the brand results. Rob Lowe is right (see his postings)

WTS, I am voting with my feet. For about the same fare as YYZ-VCE, our trip to Northern Italy at the end of August will be YYZ-MXP on real Air Canada. My trip YYZ-DUB mid month is on Aer Lingus and are our three trips to Barbados this winter are now on WestJet (which I do not love but prefer to Rouge). This is all to simply to avoid Rouge which I hope I never have to ride on again (yes, it is that bad).
Old Jul 31, 2014, 12:03 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by YYZguy99
I have just endured my first Rouge return trip (YYZ-VCE). As a long time Air Canada customer, shareholder and a MM, this is product is not Air Canada in my mind. The service is substandard, the seating (both Y and Premium) are significantly diluted to normal AC, and there really is no savings. Why AC would take this course of action is beyond me as, in the mind of 14 people who where chatting about this strategy in our office today we all concluded that Rouge damages the AC brand and should be shut down immediately before any further diminution of the brand results. Rob Lowe is right (see his postings)

WTS, I am voting with my feet. For about the same fare as YYZ-VCE, our trip to Northern Italy at the end of August will be YYZ-MXP on real Air Canada. My trip YYZ-DUB mid month is on Aer Lingus and are our three trips to Barbados this winter are now on WestJet (which I do not love but prefer to Rouge). This is all to simply to avoid Rouge which I hope I never have to ride on again (yes, it is that bad).
How full was your flight?
Old Jul 31, 2014, 12:35 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Flight was about 2/3 full (not 90% or more. What was really frustrating was there was less than $30 difference between flying from VCE or MXP (we were in Verona so either airport was fine) but there sure is a difference in quality of service. Why anyone would take Rouge and pay full service price is beyond me. In my mind, you pay AC price for worse than Air Transat product.

Last edited by YYZguy99; Jul 31, 2014 at 12:51 pm
Old Jul 31, 2014, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by YYZguy99
Flight was about 2/3 full (not 90% or more. What was really frustrating was there was less than $30 difference between flying from VCE or MXP (we were in Verona so either airport was fine) but there sure is a difference in quality of service. Why anyone would take Rouge and pay full service price is beyond me. In my mind, you pay AC price for worse than Air Transat product.
Having flown both Rouge and TS, I respectfully disagree with that assessment. But that's a matter of opinion.

Bottom line, most flyers won't pay more for AC when competing on routes with TS, Corsair, Sunwing, et al. So AC was using a more expensive ML product at prices competing with them, thereby losing money on those routes. They had to chose between operating at a loss, dropping the route or offering a product similar to what the market wants. MXP has more business travel that pay higher fare tickets and paid J, so they can still afford to sell lower priced fares to partially compete with leisure travellers.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
Looking at a SAN-YYZ flight and its on Rouge. New to AC as a whole but did some research and saw their Y was 29 inches of pitch.

I am 6 foot 5 inches tall. Will i want to stab myself? LOL

I guess my question is, for a 5 hr flight, how bad is Y? I'm fine flying DL or AS in Y.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 1:29 pm

Looking at a SAN-YYZ flight and its on Rouge. New to AC as a whole but did some research and saw their Y was 29 inches of pitch.

I guess my question is, for a 5 hr flight, how bad is Y? I'm fine flying DL or AS in Y.
Pay for a Preferred seat. Rouge Plus, I believe its called. (Not premium Rouge which is much more money) 35" pitch.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 1:41 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS

If I were you I would drive to LAX and fly mainline AC from there. At your height, I think it would be an extremely uncomfortable 5 hours on rouge.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.