Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Can someone in Canada buy gas @ Esso & use my AC # to extend my miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2014, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

I have AC Miles & wish to extend another 12 months.
I searched this thread & the lowest cost way to reset the 12 mth clock is to buy gas @ Esso & enter the Aeroplan #.

Does anyone live in Canada & regularly buy fuel @ Esso?
Would you be interested in entering my Aeroplan # so I'll get a few points & it'll reset? Thank you!
Old Jul 28, 2014, 5:16 pm

Every Esso pump I've seen you slide in your Aeroplan card - there's no "keying in" of your number. You'd have to mail someone your card and then have them mail it back to you once they have "slud" the card in at the pump.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 5:18 pm

Programs: Non-status bottomfeeder
Originally Posted by hazcaddy
Every Esso pump I've seen you slide in your Aeroplan card - there's no "keying in" of your number.
If you go inside and ask the attendant, it is possible to key in your 9 digit AP number.

PM sent.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 5:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, TD.
Originally Posted by zoobtoob
If you go inside and ask the attendant, it is possible to key in your 9 digit AP number.

PM sent.
I do the same for my Wife's card. I enter her 9 digit number every time I get gas at ESSO
Old Jul 29, 2014, 2:56 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
They also enter it manually at my local homehardware store
Old Jul 29, 2014, 6:29 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
If no one can help you I can try to see what I can do. I get Esso every time, does help earn miles esp when there is a double the miles.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 8:15 am

Programs: FT
I can help to. PM me if you have not found someone to help out.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Using AC# in Esso to extend miles for a FT member: Thank you!

Thank you everyone!
I think I have this request completed...what a wonderful group we have here when we're able to help each other out. I'll "Pay it Forward" & assist someone else, somewhere, sometime. Very best!
Old Aug 18, 2014, 3:03 pm

Can you earn Aeroplan miles by making in store purchases or does it need to be a fuel purchase?

Any idea how many days it takes to post to your aeroplan account?

I am looking at doing this for someone else who is close to their expiry date (expires Saturday)
Old Aug 18, 2014, 3:12 pm
alc

Originally Posted by stevevandie
Can you earn Aeroplan miles by making in store purchases or does it need to be a fuel purchase?

Any idea how many days it takes to post to your aeroplan account?

I am looking at doing this for someone else who is close to their expiry date (expires Saturday)
FedEX post in a few hours
Club Sobeys overnight - if you purchase before 6pm in my experience

those are the one that I can think off my head.

--- added ---

If you are referring to ESSO In-store, it is the same. All you need to is pay $3 at an ESSO Gas station and it will post overnight - if you pay before 9pm in my experience.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 6:06 pm

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by alc
FedEX post in a few hours
Club Sobeys overnight - if you purchase before 6pm in my experience

those are the one that I can think off my head.

--- added ---

If you are referring to ESSO In-store, it is the same. All you need to is pay $3 at an ESSO Gas station and it will post overnight - if you pay before 9pm in my experience.
Manual entry ASAP at esso should do it before Saturday. I did this for OP at the esso down the street. Posted pretty fast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.