Original Poster

open jaw in other region allowed

Just a quick question
Would such a routing be allowed with aeroplan miles

ZRH-EWR (destination/open jaw)
NRT-PVG (stop 1)
PVG-BKK (stop 2)
BKK-ZRH

I guess the highest amount of miles (145k in f Asia-Europe)

I didnt find anything online or in aeroplans terms and conditions, that would say no....

Thanks for your input and reasons
Old Jul 24, 2014, 7:49 am

Programs: AC 75K
Open Jaws must be in the same 'travel zone'.

What's an open jaw?

A round trip itinerary with an open jaw allows you to do a portion of your trip by non-air travel, such as the train, car, bus or ship. For domestic and transborder itineraries: the distance you travel on your own must be less than the shortest flown portion of your trip.

For international itineraries, the two cities making up the portion of your trip with no air travel must be in the same "travel zone". Please see the international itineraries information below for more details.

on the Aeroplan.com main booking page, select the Multi City radio button, and then select "How to build a valid itinerary." The rules for open jaw are in the popup.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:54 am

Zone is the big one. You also have the open jaw mid-itin, which technically shouldn't be allowed.

When Aeroplan says an open jaw can replace a stopover, the idea is that it is at the origin or destination, as you would still end up with 3 stops (open jaw, stopover, destination). What you have has open jaw on both sides (New York + Tokyo, stopover in Shanghai, Destination Bangkok), which is 4 stops
Old Jul 24, 2014, 3:26 pm

Programs: *void
I typed up a response earlier, but forgot to submit/post it. Basically saying the same thing crimsona said in his post before mine, so I'm going to sound like a (*gasp*) broken record. Here we go, here we go, here we go....

First, the open-jaw has to be at your start or destination/turnaround, and EWR would not be your POT...either BKK or PVG would be, as they are both waaaay farther from ZRH than EWR.

Also, the open-jaw replaces one of your stopovers, so you would only be allowed 1 additional stopover (plus your POT) once you include an OJ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.