Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Is Instant Maple Leaf Lounge Access available with points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2014, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Hello Frequent Travellers-
I wonder if anyone can give me some advice.
My husband and I have a brutal 5 hour layover tomorrow in YUL, during a trip from BCN to YEG. And it happens to be on Rouge....argh!

I would like to use points to purchase MLL access.
I realize that it isn't the best deal, but $100 for 2 people is a little steep.

When trying to book this through Aeroplan, at the bottom of the page it says "passes take 2-4 weeks for delivery."
Is this for real?
Is there really no way to use your points for instant access?
I am trying to believe that Air Canada is not THAT evil!

Thanks for any advice.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 12:09 pm

Brutal?
Old Jul 23, 2014, 12:36 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
The domestic YUL lounge isn't worth spending your points on.

If you leave security there are a bunch of restaurants and a few shops.

With a 5 hour layover, you could probably get a day rate at the on-site Marriott and have a shower, refresh before continuing on.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Thank-you, Icohen999.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 10:06 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E25, Amtrak Guest Rewards, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, Delta Skymiles Silver, HHonors Gold, Nexus
Don't know if it's worth it (judging from the website, it seems like it may be), but if you don't want to do the day rate at the Marriott, there is another lounge at the airport. Better price, though what they quote is only for 3 hours, so you'd have to check with the staff to see the price for say four hours. Could give them a quick call in the morning before you leave, perhaps?

Anyway, the quoted price per adult for three hours is $36.79. Here's the link if you're interested.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
The World Mastercard lounge is actually reasonably good. They have real food, decent alcohol and sparkling wine I access it with Priority Pass so don't pay per use of course but it's a decent lounge, better than the domestic Plaza lounges at YYZ for sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.