Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan ranked as the third lowest FF program 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan ranked as the third lowest FF program 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2014, 2:09 pm
Suspended

This is a reverse list. They are doing better if customers are not satisfied so you need to rank it the other way around!

This way the race for the bottom shows itself to be what it really is, the race to the top!!!!
Old Jul 14, 2014, 6:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC,BA,CA,SPG,ICHG, HERTZ
Originally Posted by tyberius
This is a reverse list. They are doing better if customers are not satisfied so you need to rank it the other way around!

This way the race for the bottom shows itself to be what it really is, the race to the top!!!!
Another comment with no substance....just brilliant
Old Jul 21, 2014, 6:39 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by loosegoose
As one who flies very regularly on AC I know what the brand(s) are.

AC mainline carters to markets where there is sufficient business traffic to fill their premium seats.

Rouge routes are designed to cater to people who mostly fly for leisure purposes and where their yields are too low for mainline traffic.

Many Companies have more than one brand so nothing unusual about that IMHO.
this coming from a person who has only tried one FF program
Old Jul 21, 2014, 6:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by yvr76
Ben Smith's question was 'looking at the programs and individual networks/products as a whole', not just the award redemption. I don't fly AA, but modeling after UA would lead to:

- inferior J product, both domestically and international
- lounges that basically just offer a place to sit. I often skip the United Clubs altogether.
- no concierges
- no IKK

I would have also added credit card holders entitled to FF benefits on this list last year, but unfortunately AC has followed UA in that respect.

I do think that AC already makes us pay for much of the above with Flex/Tango fare differentiation. My suggestion would be for AC to look at how they can improve the redemption side for its Altitude members. Maybe there is a balance between their bottom line and our satisfaction? e.g.

- reduced YQ for Altitude members (higher % amounts for higher status)
- first free change for Elite members (currently just SE)
- free cancellation for SE
Actually UA does have concierge and a version of IKK, for the top status flyers, Global Service. GS agents wear grey suits and unlike an AC concierge, GS can actually do something, other than hold your hand.
And who are you kidding AC does not have IKK anymore.

OH UA also has a type of IKK for 1k flyers. Either way IKK is not needed on UA because it actually has award space, and they run ads saying they have the best availability of reward space. Unfortunately, UA has an huge amount of pressure on its awards seats from AC customers trying to avoid scam charges.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by why fly
Actually UA does have concierge and a version of IKK, for the top status flyers, Global Service. GS agents wear grey suits and unlike an AC concierge, GS can actually do something, other than hold your hand.
And who are you kidding AC does not have IKK anymore.

OH UA also has a type of IKK for 1k flyers. Either way IKK is not needed on UA because it actually has award space, and they run ads saying they have the best availability of reward space. Unfortunately, UA has an huge amount of pressure on its awards seats from AC customers trying to avoid scam charges.
1K "IKK" is nowhere near as good as SE IKK. And if you think UA has good reward space, try booking SFO-ORD.

There are many ways UA is better than AC, but X/I availability for top level elites are not one of them.

I'm also curious what GS agents can do that an AC concierge can't (I'm not disputing anything, I just don't know).

But I know I'd never make GS on UA (I may spend a lot on flying, but I don't spend THAT much), so it doesn't really affect me.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 12:22 pm

Besides "I know karate", could someone enlighten me as to what IKK means? thank you!
Old Jul 21, 2014, 1:16 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by canadiancow
1K "IKK" is nowhere near as good as SE IKK. And if you think UA has good reward space, try booking SFO-ORD.

There are many ways UA is better than AC, but X/I availability for top level elites are not one of them.

I'm also curious what GS agents can do that an AC concierge can't (I'm not disputing anything, I just don't know).

But I know I'd never make GS on UA (I may spend a lot on flying, but I don't spend THAT much), so it doesn't really affect me.
Dont know too much about what GS Concierges can do but based on my own experience, i have seen them hold a plane for a late arriving PAX and shuttle them over from one gate to another in a Mercedes.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 7:19 pm

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Originally Posted by pettifog
Besides "I know karate", could someone enlighten me as to what IKK means? thank you!
It's instant access to award tickets (at Classic levels) beyond the regular Classic Awards. It used to be that SEs could access any unsold seat in Y or J, domestic or Int'l. Now it's reduced to "preferred access" that is under AC/AE control. So it's almost impossible to get a J award to SYD for example, just like regular folks
Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by Academic
It's instant access to award tickets (at Classic levels) beyond the regular Classic Awards. It used to be that SEs could access any unsold seat in Y or J, domestic or Int'l. Now it's reduced to "preferred access" that is under AC/AE control. So it's almost impossible to get a J award to SYD for example, just like regular folks
Thank you!
Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:39 pm
Suspended

For GS what they can do for reward tickets is better than IKK.
AC concierge can do very little but hold your hand now.
PS your employer has upgrades to GS chat with your travel dept.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Of course, we know AC has a similar special "uberElite" status that trumps SE, and is similar in many ways to UA's GS and LH's HON. It can't be earned on mileage alone, it's by invitation.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Of course, we know AC has a similar special "uberElite" status that trumps SE, and is similar in many ways to UA's GS and LH's HON. It can't be earned on mileage alone, it's by invitation.
AC VIP
Old Jul 22, 2014, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM

IKK on YYZ Europe = points +$900.... Whoa, what a benefit!

Your employer has GS nominations, all SFO area big companies do.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 10:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
You haven't answered my question. What are some specifics? Everyone boasts about how much better GS is than SE (which is logical, since 1K is the equivalent level to SE), but no one has listed the actual differences.

Originally Posted by rankourabu
IKK on YYZ Europe = points +$900.... Whoa, what a benefit!

Your employer has GS nominations, all SFO area big companies do.
As someone who never flies for work, I'd feel odd about even asking for GS. I considered it at the beginning of this year, but I had some really bad UA flights last year that made it a really easy decision to stick with AC.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 3:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by loosegoose
The problem with popularity, or lack of it, in the case of AE, is that there are way too many points holders out there who are NOT FF'ers and they cannot be satisfied in terms of IKK or just getting flights for a decent amount of miles for the most part.

I just booked over 2 flights yesterday and had absolutely no issues with getting the flights I wanted and only had to call in to get a baby added to the PNR which took less than 5 minutes.
lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.